Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2024, 07:40 PM

Default Oh the irony

Does this guy not know he’s the head of the lieberals (who caused the housing mess to begin with?)

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ns-tax-changes

It’s like a sad, but very real, episode from The Office.

I guess he’s becoming his own critic now?
Old 04-23-2024, 07:49 PM

What else could we expect from that mental case.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
What else could we expect from that mental case.
I think he not so secretely wishes he was Poilievre. I mean it’s gotten soo bad he’s criticizing his own government. Wow, that’s a new one. How’s this go down in their heads?

“Wow, housing’s gotten really bad under our government”. “Yeah, we’ve got a massive problem!””Let’s just tax people more, that’ll help!”

^actual meeting minutes from a caucus meeting.

This is just one of many many reasons they loose next year.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:28 PM

What intergenerational fairness????

Any extra tax that they collect they'll waste it without building any houses or anything except maybe more bureaucracy.

And it's not his government's fault, it's the Martians.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:42 PM

C and P from agriville, most don't get the hatred from western farmers. Well the Freeland family farm liquidated and sold out a year or two ago, so they saved a lot of money from excess tax.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:52 PM

And yet some fools still support this idiot, and his party.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:15 PM

For those who don't know the Freeland farm was around Peace River.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:19 PM

You just wait until the doctors start leaving the country because of this excessive tax! The association has already spoken about this.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
You just wait until the doctors start leaving the country because of this excessive tax! The association has already spoken about this.
A local doc, real Leftie, posted a petition to send to Friedland telling her to keep up the good work.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-24-2024, 10:58 AM

About playing the Tax System, Justin and Friends said:

“We just don’t think it’s right that a student or an electrician or a teacher be paying taxes on 100 per cent of their income while others have the opportunities to use accountants and any taxes on only 50 per cent of that income,” he said in response to questions about the CMA’s comments."

Did any of you know that Justin and Friends are Trust Fund kids?

Where did that money come from? Where are those Trust Funds located for taxation purposes? Who are the Beneficiaries and how do they declare the income received from these Off Shore Trusts?

If any Media types had even two brain cells in their head, they would be asking if he is willing to require the Offshore Family Trusts held by Liberal Insiders be brought back to Canada and agree to taxation of its income as a Canadian Trust?

From the Nov 5, 2017 Toronto Star story on the leaks of the "Paradise Papers":

“Our government has long known — indeed, we got elected — on a promise to make sure that people were paying their fair share of taxes,” Trudeau said shortly after his election victory. “Tax avoidance, tax evasion is something we take very seriously.”

Two generations of Liberal fundraisers — Stephen Bronfman and his godfather, 88-year-old retired senator Leo Kolber — are tied together in a complex offshore structure that amassed $60 million (U.S.) in a tax haven beyond the reach of tax collectors in Canada, Israel and the U.S., a newly leaked trove of documents reveals.

Buried in the Paradise Papers, a massive leak to the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung and the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists, which includes the Toronto Star and CBC/Radio-Canada, are more than 5,000 pages of internal records detailing how the Bronfmans and Kolbers invested in Israel through two offshore trust funds in the Cayman Islands.

It was a two-family affair: Stephen Bronfman personally lent millions to the Cayman trust that handled his family’s investments in Israel, run by Leo Kolber’s son, Jonathan, 55."

Anyway, what do you think happens when the wealthy believe that they are being taxed too much? The Money leaves Canada.

Drewski
Old 04-24-2024, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
A local doc, real Leftie, posted a petition to send to Friedland telling her to keep up the good work.
You just can’t fix stupid!
Old 04-24-2024, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Been going on for years
Subsidised education in Canada then head for greener pastures with a more benevolent tax regime
Nurses as well - the compensation level in the States makes it a very very attractive place to work
Old 04-24-2024, 08:42 PM

History has a nasty habit of repeating itself:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kel...help-with-that

Insert trudud’s name for wynne’s and you have the same consequences of stupidity about to happen in the upcoming federal election:

“All governments make mistakes. And most also do some good, if you give them long enough. Wynne’s government has a few credits on its ledger, but at overwhelming cost to public finances, voter trust and respect for institutions and civic leadership in general. Wynne leaves behind a perilous situation for her successor. She richly deserves defeat, and her party deserves the trouncing it appears headed for”

This isn’t prophetic, it’s happened before (albeit on a provincial level). They’re going to take the carbon tax scam right to the bitter end.