Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 AM

Default Fellow Sheep Hunters

Hello Fellow Sheep hunters
I’m looking for help on this forum! I’m 1st time user of forum and will be 1st time for Sheep hunter, none the less, I’m an experienced hunter.
I am looking to find a Hunter Host for the near future 2015 or 2016 for (1) experienced hunter, and guest.
I am healthy, intelligent, and a past professional guide (US) and quite capable of this on my own except the Province won't let me.
Planning to film this hunt for a TV pilot! I am not looking for a trade from a guide service, for publicity for an Outfitter. This idea of trading for TV time violates every principle of our show. We are attempting to show how to create your own adventure in the backcountry using your own intelligence, not your check book!
Novel approach to the big game industry, I know!
I Will be bringing a (1) professional photographer. Expectations will be at least (5) horses for (3) people, you, me, and photographer.
Will expect to spike camp each and every day until we find sheep of the caliber I'm looking for and the footage needed to present an overview of the hunting tactics, equipment used, and habitat hunted in.
See 2nd post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:41 AM

Default Sheep Hunters continued

This is going to be a grueling, extensive 10+ day excursion, deep in Sheep Mountains, and we'll document every minute!
I would be very capable of providing most all and any equipment, other than transportation in the field. Need Horses, and someone with extensive packing experience and all the capabilities, I do!!!
If you are a AB resident, and interested in hosting a small, tight, adventure project, feel free to contact.
This may be a launch for a young wanna-be outfitter type! Your position will be that of skilled host! I'm not looking for a guide, I can handle that!!! Just a legal host with like capabilities. As we move through this process, I will be expecting references.
We will agree on an area dependent on many criteria, some of which you will provide, much the Province will provide, and I'll make the decision, since the financial burden will be most likely mine!
P.S
Do not respond if you have had any type of Wildlife Violation!! No exceptions! Ethics is of the utmost importance to me!
This will be the first installment of this type, future shows will depict many different types of game pursued in many types of locations throughout North America.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:58 AM

Last edited by Acesneights; 03-04-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:17 AM

I dont believe a resident can hunter host a non resident alien. Maybe make a "pretend" show in Montana or Wyoming. You "show" guys are all the same, you think guys will beat down your door for a chance to be on TV.

"Expectations will be..."ahaha...classic line!!!! Good luck bud.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:32 AM

wow. good luck finding any takers. You might be best to just hire a guide.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:44 AM

This would all make sense if it had been posted april 1.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:48 AM

I think the law should come before ethics in utmost importance.
Hunter host is not legal for bighorn sheep in alberta.

But if anyone reading this is interested in donating time and horses, I'm an alberta sheep hunter, I would be interested in at least 5 horse team to hump me around the mountains!
Old 03-04-2015, 11:56 AM

^^^^^ LOL, me too......my back is sore from packing in and out every year. im not asking for much, just someone with a wagon, team of horses, outfitter tent and all the food. My expectation is also that you will put me on a ram of no less than full curl, cape it for me and then take me to register it. I will offer nothing in return, but promise you can be in a few of my trophy pictures, and when my firends ask me about the hunt, i might drop your name if all of my expectations are met on our exursion.

hahahahahahaha!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:07 PM

Oh man this is going to be a train wreck, and I can't look away!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:30 PM

1. Former Guide, 2. Filming the hunt.
That's three strikes in my book. Sorry. Look to the other hunting wh_res that can gain perceived benefit from the trade of hosting opportunities then deny it. I can think of at least one.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddletramp25 View Post
I’m looking for help on this forum! I’m 1st time user of forum and will be 1st time for Sheep hunter, none the less, I’m an experienced hunter.
I am looking to find a Hunter Host for the near future 2015 or 2016 for (1) experienced hunter, and guest.
I am healthy, intelligent, and a past professional guide (US) and quite capable of this on my own except the Province won't let me.
Planning to film this hunt for a TV pilot! I am not looking for a trade from a guide service, for publicity for an Outfitter. This idea of trading for TV time violates every principle of our show. We are attempting to show how to create your own adventure in the backcountry using your own intelligence, not your check book!
I Will be bringing a (1) professional photographer. Expectations will be at least (5) horses for (3) people, you, me, and photographer.
Will expect to spike camp each and every day until we find sheep of the caliber I'm looking for and the footage needed to present an overview of the hunting tactics, equipment used, and habitat hunted in.
See 2nd post
Big Game Industry, those words sicken me.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-04-2015, 12:39 PM

i love the reactions guys! Keep it up!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:50 PM

My guess is your going to be hard up for takers and if you do find one you better jump on it as it is highly illegal to shoot a res. ram for him. You might not want to air that episode as I'm sure it would be used in court.

If you are willing to pay for the hunt and do it legally I can recommend some good outfitters.

With the alleged decline in our trophy bighorns there is good reason you can not hunter host sheep in our province.

Also it takes the typical sheep hunter 7 years to connect on they're first ram. What makes you think, never been sheep hunting or knowing the province you can select a good location to be successful. Also the last thing I would ever want is some joe blow airing a episode showing where I sheep hunt!

Last edited by Lr1000; 03-04-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:55 PM

As it was once pointed out to me:

"A Non-resident Alien must not hunt bighorn sheep, cougar or trophy antelope while accompanied by a Hunter Host." - Taken directly from page 23 of the 2014 Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations.

The only way to procure a sheep tag as a non-resident alien are to:

i. Obtain one via a draw - only 2 issued per year and be accompanied by a hunter host.
ii. Contact a Class S Outfitter-Guide and go from there.

Best of luck.

They don't get big by being dumb.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:59 PM

The only thing he forgot to mention was that the "host" must have his own helicopter for filming panoramic views, scouting and game retrieval. Helicopter must be new with all maintenance records available.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Banned

Default first and last post, thinking this is very made up boys.

:fishin g:
Old 03-04-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiewolf View Post
As it was once pointed out to me:

"A Non-resident Alien must not hunt bighorn sheep, cougar or trophy antelope while accompanied by a Hunter Host." - Taken directly from page 23 of the 2014 Alberta Guide to Hunting Regulations.

The only way to procure a sheep tag as a non-resident alien are to:

i. Obtain one via a draw - only 2 issued per year and be accompanied by a hunter host.
ii. Contact a Class S Outfitter-Guide and go from there.

Best of luck.
NR'S can and still do apply for the coveted sheep tags (438)...never will be able to figure that one out
Old 03-04-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
See 2nd post
Well you're right about that.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:21 PM

it should also note that he is requesting someone with a flat head for his beer to sit on and a nose that doubles as a lighter so he can light his smoke at the same time.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:29 PM

Default Wow

Epic fail. Hahaha
Old 03-04-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
This is going to be a grueling, extensive 10+ day excursion, deep in Sheep Mountains, and we'll document every minute!
I would be very capable of providing most all and any equipment, other than transportation in the field. Need Horses, and someone with extensive packing experience and all the capabilities, I do!!!
If you are a AB resident, and interested in hosting a small, tight, adventure project, feel free to contact.
This may be a launch for a young wanna-be outfitter type! Your position will be that of skilled host! I'm not looking for a guide, I can handle that!!! Just a legal host with like capabilities. As we move through this process, I will be expecting references.
We will agree on an area dependent on many criteria, some of which you will provide, much the Province will provide, and I'll make the decision, since the financial burden will be most likely mine!
P.S
Do not respond if you have had any type of Wildlife Violation!! No exceptions! Ethics is of the utmost importance to me!
This will be the first installment of this type, future shows will depict many different types of game pursued in many types of locations throughout North America.
Haha funny that what you're proposing is a wildlife violation. lol
Old 03-04-2015, 03:39 PM

Default host

he says he dosent need a guide , he wants some one to supply horses etc and go camping with him could some one not just ride around the mountains with him take his money, and when he gets led a way in handcuffs you could charge him a fee for every day that you store his cameras / equipment
Old 03-04-2015, 03:40 PM

If you cover all of your expenses you can film me chasing Dall next year.

All you have to bring is your camera gear, a sleeping bag and twice as much beer as you figure you'll drink
Old 03-04-2015, 03:48 PM

hahahahaha
Old 03-04-2015, 04:08 PM

😍
Closed Thread