Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2011, 11:51 PM

Default Benelli Super Vinci or Beretta Xtrema 2

Ok shotgun guys, I would love to hear some opinions about these two guns. I have done research on a ton of autoloader shotguns and have basically brought it down to these two. Both fit me really well and feel nice to hold and look down. Both are obviously great guns and both are priced relatively close to one and other. Taking into consideration the Benelli being a inertia driven vs the gas driven Beretta, which do you like more? I will be using this gun for ducks and geese mainly and obviously a bunch of clay stuff to practice. But, which do you recommend (assuming they both fit the exact same)? Who has had problems with either and if you have had problems, what were they? Is there a difference in warranty (I haven't really looked at that one yet)? Is there a difference in parts availability? Which is more reliable? And is there anything that would sway your purchase if you were looking at either of these?

One kind of funny thing is that both companies claim to have the fastest reloading and the softest kicking guns. I guess maybe that is because of the difference in the way they reload they can both claim that.

Also I have decided to head down the path of the 3 1/2 " guns based on being able to shoot 2 3/4" 3" and 3 1/2" shells. In most cased a guy probably doesnt need 3 1/2" shells but still nice to have the choice if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help that I receive.

Tags
benelli, beretta, super, vinci, xtrema 2