Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2021, 11:29 AM

Default Yamaha ATV Dealer Opinions

I know what I want, now I need to find a Yammy dealer to buy it from. A few here in the Edmonton area. They seem ok. I am willing to drive and support a smaller dealer. Will go to a big dealer if their good.

If you're a Yamaha Atv user, who is your go to Yamaha dealer and why?

I know buying local is convenient but would love to use a dealer that appreciates my $$$, can deal on some accessories and can support me on the warranty/future repair side. I will consider all dealers mentioned.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2021, 12:02 PM

I’m a huge fan of the guys at Riverside in St. Albert
Old 03-02-2021, 12:33 PM

I can second Riverside.... never had anythiing bad to say in 20+ years of dealing with them on both sides
Old 03-02-2021, 12:52 PM

I’ve received awesome support and service from Central Sled and Cycle in Wetaskiwin.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:59 PM

Another vote for Riverside, except I deal with the Honda side. Quad was bought there new, had the speedo sending unit replaced on warranty, about a $400 touch, with no hassles. There was a period when their parts prices got a little ritzy but after I talked to the GM, there definitely seemed to be a turn around and they are now often as cheap or cheaper than ordering from the large supply houses. I have never had any service work done outside of warranty so can't rate them on that.

Last edited by Dean2; 03-02-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:13 PM

I bought A Honda from Riverside as well as. Yamaha sled and a Yamaha outboard and have been well served each time.
Had the Honda in for a bit of warranty work and they had a quick turn around.

I dealt with Parkland Cycle in Stony Plain for my first Yamaha quad back in 05 and they were good to deal with too , I have bought parts there and they are as reasonable as any other place. No complaints about them.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:14 PM

I’ve always had good dealings with the guys at parkland Yamaha in stony plain. Definitely a smaller scale dealer. I got soured on riverside years ago when I bought a can am brand atv bag and then realized that they charged me more than msrp on it. Lost me as a customer unless I need something that other dealers don’t have. But they are known to stock more parts than most.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:32 PM

Parkland cycle. I bought my quad from OJ’s Leisure and marine in Wainwright and didn’t have a problem or anything. Used them lots when I was younger. But couple years ago I needed a battery for my Yamaha motor cycle to take my test. My signal lights wouldn’t work so I went to parkland cycle in Stony. They didn’t have the right battery in stock but they were considering taking a battery out of one of the restored bikes on display for me to borrow. I thought that was huge of them so now parkland gets any of my Yamaha business.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Bar View Post
I’ve received awesome support and service from Central Sled and Cycle in Wetaskiwin.
I'll second this. Jerry is awesome.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck 7 View Post
Parkland cycle. I bought my quad from OJ’s Leisure and marine in Wainwright and didn’t have a problem or anything. Used them lots when I was younger. But couple years ago I needed a battery for my Yamaha motor cycle to take my test. My signal lights wouldn’t work so I went to parkland cycle in Stony. They didn’t have the right battery in stock but they were considering taking a battery out of one of the restored bikes on display for me to borrow. I thought that was huge of them so now parkland gets any of my Yamaha business.
Parkland is worth the visit just to see the collection of vintage bikes ,sleds and outboards.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
I'll second this. Jerry is awesome.
He has been good to deal with for me as well.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:24 PM

You know it is actually really great to see this many recommendations of long term happy clients for a few dealers. Long ways from the norm and makes us lucky to have quality options.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Parkland is worth the visit just to see the collection of vintage bikes ,sleds and outboards.
Every time I go in there I look at all the old more then the new. Haha brings back memories growing up ripping old 70’s and 80’s Yamaha’s.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:44 PM

I also bought a quad from riverside. I got a great deal on a 1 year old new quad with winch and bumpers already installed. And I got a speeding ticket on the way there, so they gave me a free t-shirt.

I get my work done somewhere else as I don't live close by, but I have nothing negative to say about my buying experience. This was in 2015 I believe.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:55 PM

Bought two bikes from riverside, always order a few parts from them every summer. No complaints, they seem to have thier stuff.together.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:00 AM

I find it interesting that so many people have had a good experience at Riverside. 15 years ago, I had nothing but horrible service with Riverside. I might have to give them a try again.

Ever snice E&S in Fort Saskatchewan changed ownership a couple of years ago, there is less and less Yamaha and way more Polaris. In my opinion you can't even call them a Yamaha dealer anymore.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lund17 View Post
I find it interesting that so many people have had a good experience at Riverside. 15 years ago, I had nothing but horrible service with Riverside. I might have to give them a try again.

Ever since E&S in Fort Saskatchewan changed ownership a couple of years ago, there is less and less Yamaha and way more Polaris. In my opinion you can't even call them a Yamaha dealer anymore.
The margins on Polaris are quite a bit better and their terms for ordering stock are less onerous than Yamaha or Honda. Dealers that are just interested in making a buck don't want to go to the work of the advance orders etc. May just be that after buying the shop they probably need to make as much money as possible.

I think all shops go through phases. Great, then not so great and back again. So much depends on the staff you can find, training and how present the owner is on a daily basis. I wold definitely say Riverside has had their stuff together well for the past 8 years that I have been back in Edmonton.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:23 AM

If you walk into any dealership with money hanging out of your jeans you are the most important person in there until the cash register dings.

If you luck out and find an employee that gives a damn about customers they can all be decent. Some owners and managers were the most ignorant arrogant people I have ever dealt with though, and I was in the industry 6 years selling for a distributor.

Your best bet is to check reviews online, BBB, google (name) complaints and shop around. Every single place has had ups and downs, find the one that fits you best.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-03-2021, 11:12 AM

I highly recommend Maximum Powersports in Peace River. The owners Shad & Rene' (a husband/wife team) provide excellent services and value their customers. They live/eat/breath/bleed Yamaha Blue!! They have been open since 2000, running and growing this family owned business. They are great supporters in the community.

I have known them personally for over 25 years. They are great friends.

A friend from Edmonton purchased a 2019 Wolverine X2 SE 850 with a few accessories in the Fall of 2019 after my recommendation of Maximum Powersports. I know they have had 2 recent new customers from central and southern Alberta buy a new Wolverine RMAX 1000 SxS.

Check out their webpage and Facebook site for info/pictures - you will see Maximum Powersports owners and staff really enjoy what they do and getting out with the products they sell with their families, friends and customers.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:31 PM

I started looking around for a new Grizzly about a month ago. Been told that inventory is minimal due to shortages from manufacturer and prices are sky rocketing. If your going to get a new Yamaha ATV order early.

I decided to wait a few years to see if prices drop once the pandemic is over and manufactures are able to start ramping up production. Hopefully

Oh my last grizzly was from Central Sled and they were good to deal with
Old 03-03-2021, 02:51 PM

Default Dealer

Another vote for Central Sled in Wetaskiwin, Jerry is a great guy and has always been helpful in every way since day 1 when the doors opened years ago. Nice to support the smaller local guys.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:29 AM

Central Sled and Cycle in Wetaskiwin as well. Honest and fair and treat you well. Were fantastic with me even though I barely spent any money there just in picking up the odd little thing. Bought a quad on consignment and they were great. 15 years later I have bought a couple new quads from them at great prices compared to anywhere else. Top notch dealer in my opinion.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:54 AM

another vote for central sled and cycle. Always had a good experience when dealing with them. have bought a quad, dirt bike and a couple sleds through them over the years.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:02 PM

Precision Power Products in St. Paul
Old 03-07-2021, 08:09 PM

Another vote for Riverside. The service department solved the problem with the reverse on my 2007 Venture Multi Purpose snowmobile that 2 other mechanics couldn’t fix. Did some work on my old Sportsman quad and the cost was cheaper than the estimate. Will be giving them more of my business because of the excellent service I received.