Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-02-2021, 07:51 PM

Default My tuff day on pegon

So I hit up pegon lake yesterday and it was a tuff bite here is my video. https://youtu.be/mYWvNH2hvY4

Gbuss
Old 03-03-2021, 10:48 AM

Just curious what part of the lake you were fishing.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:27 PM

The bite has been slower in February but I wouldn’t say just biting at dawn or dusk. I’ve caught fish all times of the day in 6-20 fow. I’ve had to mix it up this season on locations to find them. It’s frustrating though when I’ve caught 14 fish in 4 hrs and the next day not see a thing on camera or flasher in the exact spot. One thing for sure is all the fish I’ve caught have been in really good shape/fat. Gbuss hope ya have better luck next time out there.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsyneil View Post
Just curious what part of the lake you were fishing.
I was at grandveiw.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKER View Post
The bite has been slower in February but I wouldn’t say just biting at dawn or dusk. I’ve caught fish all times of the day in 6-20 fow. I’ve had to mix it up this season on locations to find them. It’s frustrating though when I’ve caught 14 fish in 4 hrs and the next day not see a thing on camera or flasher in the exact spot. One thing for sure is all the fish I’ve caught have been in really good shape/fat. Gbuss hope ya have better luck next time out there.
I was going to try a couple spots but the ice just didnt sound right to me with all its poping. I mean hard poping like it wanted to make a shift it was also pretty cloudy ice compared to most lakes I have fished this year. I have been trying out alot of new lakes this year so I haven't really had the time to pick apart the lake. I know their is a mid lake hump that has rock rubble on it but I haven't been there yet.

Gbuss