Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 05-26-2017, 08:15 AM

Default Pontoon Partner

Hey Y'all,

Looking for someone who likes to float rivers and has their own vehicle. Looking to float some central/southern AB rivers this summer, and a partner would be nice for safety/shuttling reasons.

Young but experienced fly-fisher here, but open to people of all gear types!

Cool!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:26 AM

Default Red Deer Float

Looking to do a float on the red deer river from the dam. I have experience floating the Bow with ease and convenient on my 16' Fiberglass drift boat for 5 years now. Looking for someone with experience on the oars to share the float. Giving both of us a chance at fishing on and off through out the day. Also by having two vehicles we can shuttle each other..When conditions are good on the river, I'm ready to go..

If anyone interested please PM

Thanks
Porto
Old 05-27-2017, 09:55 PM

Default Want to throw some line?

Hey there,

43 years young and looking for a fishing buddy in NW Calgary who would like to venture out and throw some line in some of the rivers in K country and mountains surrounding Calgary. I have been fly fishing for around 7 years now (on and off, have 3 kids that keep me too busy) and mostly fish rivers but have a pontoon and belly boat for lakes as well. Wouldn't mind doing some after work evening trips or a full/half day out to the mountains. Let me know if your interested in meeting up and maybe pop down to the bow one evening to meet and see if it will work! Pm me if interested!
Coby
Old 06-04-2017, 11:59 AM

New to fly fishing but have been fishing spincast for years. Would love to meet some other fly fishers who could teach me a trick or two. Realized none of my friends fish so I usually have to fish alone( not terrible but could use some company). Anywho live in the edmonton area, days off fluctuate but I try and get out as often as possible(4times a week usually) 26 years young

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2017, 09:53 PM

Thumbs up

Hey guys, looking to go out stream/river fishing this summer and looking for somebody to come with. Not new to fly fishing but somewhat new to streams, if you have experience great! If not we can make an awesome attempt at reading rivers hah! I live in Edmonton and not afraid to hike in and get dirty to get to a good spot. Let me know
Old 06-09-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that-guy View Post
Hey guys, looking to go out stream/river fishing this summer and looking for somebody to come with. Not new to fly fishing but somewhat new to streams, if you have experience great! If not we can make an awesome attempt at reading rivers hah! I live in Edmonton and not afraid to hike in and get dirty to get to a good spot. Let me know
Hey, I'm relatively new to fly fiahing but I'd love to scope out some streams with ya some time. How far out do you normally go?

Old 06-09-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solominotaur View Post
Hey, I'm relatively new to fly fiahing but I'd love to scope out some streams with ya some time. How far out do you normally go?

Im not to sure nothing over 3 hours unless I'm camping. I was thinking about checking out the ram River area.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:32 PM

I got a buddy that knows some amazing spots out there I've only been the once. I'm just waiting for the run off to stop before I head out there

Old 06-21-2017, 05:37 PM

I've only been fishing for a little over a year now but I can't get enough. I'm currently living in Red Deer but i'm more then willing to travel to hook into some fish. I spin and fly fish and just started making youtube videos of my days on the water. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj3e6-jg-oQ
I'd love to learn how to properly fish lakes like Gull, Sylvan or Pine, etc. To read the Rivers and Creeks near me or travel to new places with the hope of catching some fish.
If you're looking for another person to fish with please don't hesitate to send me a pm.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:17 PM

Hey everyone, I'm a 38 year old guy from Leduc and looking to go out for a day trip to fish a river on Monday, July 3. Anyone off work for the day and want to join? I've got a few favourite spots to fish in ES2.

Daryl
Old 07-01-2017, 03:38 PM

Default Last minute trip

Doing a last minute trip out to ram River area for Sunday Monday. Will be camping let me know if you want to fish for a couple days.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:31 AM

Hey guys I'm 17, have been spincasting for as long as I can remember and got into fly fishing when I lived on Vancouver island. I'm not a fly fishing expert and I am still learning.... a lot. Have lots of experience with pike, walleye and trout on the fly. Looking for someone my age ish, I do drive. I'm located in deep se Calgary. Not afraid to drive a few hours for good fishing. I do have and use a bellyboat. If you're interested pm me!

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2017, 08:38 PM

Looking for fly fishing partner will be heading out this week PM me
Old 07-16-2017, 09:42 PM

Getting out to a river this Thursday or Friday. Hoping to find someone to go with. Pm me if interested, 26 year old from Edmonton looking at anywhere around sundre/rocky/edson/jasper

Old 07-29-2017, 09:15 PM

Still looking for someone that wants to go target Golden Trout at some point this summer.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:07 PM

Default Searching for a Fly Fishing Partner in the Calgary Area

29 year old male fishing fanatic / young professional. Beginner - Mid (more mid) level fly fisherman, looking for a fly fishing partner (male or female of similar experience level and around same age) in the Calgary area to fish the Bow and various rivers in SW Alberta. Not opposed to travelling long distances to fish good rivers.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:57 PM

Hey everybody. Heading to forestry trunk this weekend around Nordegg. Probably fishing Saturday, and early Sunday if anyone is in the area, or looking to get out this weekend.

I am quite an inexperienced fly fisherman, but not the bad kind. Haha, I am self sufficient but would love anyones experience on my side. So far have just been adventuring around this area. Got my first trout on fly last week in same area, but looking to adventure around a little more. Looking for rivers and creeks.

I am a little under 30 years old, male, full time general contractor from Edmonton.

See you guys out there, tight lines to all!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:04 PM

Default Edmonton.. Newish fly fisher..

Hey guys! Got my first fly rod this year.. Have a pontoon, flies, vehicles.. Just about everything I need but the experience!! Anyone looking to have a 40 year old tag along before the ice hits us?? Landed my first fish on the fly on the north sask river.. Would love to get a trout before the end of the season.. Feel free to give me a shout!!
Old 07-10-2018, 02:45 PM

Default Cold Lake Area

Anyone interested in doing some fly fishing in the Cold Lake area and Saskatchewan.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:39 PM

Default Edmonton area, Sunday July 21

Thinking about heading out tomorrow, Sun. July 21st. Edmonton area. More details; check out the post I made below in the main section of Flyfishing. Or pm me

-Mike
Old 06-18-2019, 01:23 PM

Hi I am 25 years old from calgary and becoming increasingly addicted to fly fishing, been fly fishing 3 years now and spin cast my whole life. If anyone in the Calgary area is interested in going fishing on most weekends I am up to splitting gas to the mountains and sharing all my favourite spots

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2019, 08:20 AM

My plans for the weekend fell through.

Anyone want to fish somewhere between the Ram and Cardinal.

I'm mid experienced fly fisher. Have everything needed.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiph0id View Post
My plans for the weekend fell through.

Anyone want to fish somewhere between the Ram and Cardinal.

I'm mid experienced fly fisher. Have everything needed.
Update:

Still haven't left the house.
I have been debating internally if I want to go fishing alone.

If anyone wants to go, let me know. I'll be on the first flight out!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:06 AM

Default Short notice - Spray Lakes

All my contacts have had to pull out for a planned fishing trip to Spray Lakes this weekend ...

Looking for 1 or 2 people to hit the south end of the Spray Lakes Reservoir Saturday 17-Aug-19.

Fly fishing and/or trolling ...

Leave early, back around suppertime ...

Fly fishing and possibly trolling ...

email me: gmpon@hotmail.com

Thanx ...
Old 08-22-2019, 08:50 AM

Default Looking for Fishing Partner in Calgary September 7th

Im coming to Calgary from Prince Albert and am hoping to do some fly fishing in the bow on Saturday the 7th of September. Just thought I would post on here and see if anybody would like a fishing partner for the day. Send me a message on here or on Instagram @esox_angler if you would like to talk some fishing and maybe catch some fish while we are at it!
Old 02-17-2020, 04:17 PM

Hi there, A little early but I'm getting stoked for Spring. Looking for a partner that is into chasing trout mostly in lakes. Can't wait for some ice off chironomid hatches. Not against fishing rivers ( been doing it for years ) but recently got into lake fishing and love it. I work a 10 on 10 off schedule so I have lots of time.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:05 AM

Thumbs up Looking for Fly Fishing Partners (Calgary)

Hey,

I am looking for some guys to get out fly fishing with this summer.

A little about me, I am a 29 year old lawyer living and working in downtown Calgary. Born and raised in New Brunswick. Grew up playing hockey. Pumped out eight mixed martial arts fights while in university. Started golfing a few years ago. Drink and smoke left handed cigarettes socially. Own a set of wheels.

PM me if you want to get out!

Last edited by admin; 01-02-2024 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrenalin View Post
Hi there, A little early but I'm getting stoked for Spring. Looking for a partner that is into chasing trout mostly in lakes. Can't wait for some ice off chironomid hatches. Not against fishing rivers ( been doing it for years ) but recently got into lake fishing and love it. I work a 10 on 10 off schedule so I have lots of time.
Hey Man, I’m in. Hit me up.

Last edited by admin; 01-02-2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:07 PM

Make it stick
Old 11-15-2020, 06:23 AM

Started fly fishing last year and now moving west to Calgary. I will go out to continue learning. if anyone is looking for a potential fishing buddy I am up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk