Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
I have a question about paying with EFT. My accounts are set up for automatic deposit. How do you know if a "stranger" you are dealing with, doesn't have that set up and BANG your hooped ?? TIA

Pretty sure you're hooped either way. As soon as the guy on the other end fires it into an account it's gone. Nothing wrong with EMT's tho. A person just has to do their due diligence and even then there's a chance things blow up.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I have a question about paying with EFT. My accounts are set up for automatic deposit. How do you know if a "stranger" you are dealing with, doesn't have that set up and BANG your hooped ?? TIA
I believe it tells you the recipient has auto deposit setup prior to sending, so it’s your choice to risk.

Do your homework guys. Remember Dave Barry and me asking questions. We all need to do our due diligence. Ask the right questions, exchange numbers speak on a phone. If it smells, back away.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:38 PM

Etransfers can be reversed.

Talk to your bank. Going in with a copy of a Police Report will help.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-20-2021, 08:41 PM

Quote:
When you go to hit confirm there is a checkbox that says' is setup for payment without confirmation'

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-20-2021, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
I believe it tells you the recipient has auto deposit setup prior to sending, so it’s your choice to risk.

Do your homework guys. Remember Dave Barry and me asking questions. We all need to do our due diligence. Ask the right questions, exchange numbers speak on a phone. If it smells, back away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
When you go to hit confirm there is a checkbox that says' is setup for payment without confirmation'
Thanks guys
Old 02-20-2021, 09:12 PM

Some more advice to prevent future scams.
Just because someone is selling you a gun doesn't mean you are the only one that has to show your pal. He does too. Send Pictures so you can get his info. Use your phone to edit the picture. Write the date on it then a scammer can't re-use it. I've had guys ask for my drivers license as well. I scratch the actual dl# off and write current date on it. If someone is unwilling to send you a picture of their pal then run.
Call and confirm the pal is legit and it matches address, email and phone number on record.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:57 PM

Nice one! I've seen suspicious guys on another site, when they won't show a drivers license I back out
Old 02-20-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
Make sure to do a police report and follow up with them. There was a guy on here named Dave Barry that scammed a bunch of us. Had great response from the Okotoks RCMP. They followed the money and found him. There is currently a warrant out for his arrest.
Is there a picture of Dave?
Could you plz post it?
Somebody might know him
Old 02-20-2021, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Is there a picture of Dave?
Could you plz post it?
Somebody might know him
Sorry, the RCMP only informed me that there was a warrant out. I don’t have a photo, but the PAL Dave used was from a guy in BC. There was a discussion on HBC regarding the same scammer. I don’t send photos of my PAL. I can give the number and all info required by the CFC for the person to check.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Etransfers can be reversed.

Talk to your bank. Going in with a copy of a Police Report will help.

When it happened to me for the tune of $1200 as well as five others I knew about the police had zero interest in helping and told me to know who I am dealing with. The bank wasn’t interested either.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 02-22-2021, 09:40 AM

Please keep us posted with updates!
Old 02-22-2021, 03:51 PM

Went to RCMP station and filled out report , got a file number and went to bank where girl filled out an on-line fraud report. The RCMP and bank were real good and they assigned a constable to the case and i got his number and email.
It's a shot in the dark , could all end up in round filing cabinet but i did what i fiqured was my due diligence.
I don't think i'll see a cent but that's not what is important. Busting the POS is.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Went to RCMP station and filled out report , got a file number and went to bank where girl filled out an on-line fraud report. The RCMP and bank were real good and they assigned a constable to the case and i got his number and email.
It's a shot in the dark , could all end up in round filing cabinet but i did what i fiqured was my due diligence.
I don't think i'll see a cent but that's not what is important. Busting the POS is.
>>
Good job going down the road with this. Many people are rooting for you and may very well egg on others who have been wronged in such a manner. Nail em to the wall.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Hutchinson View Post
>>
Good job going down the road with this. Many people are rooting for you and may very well egg on others who have been wronged in such a manner. Nail em to the wall.
X2
Old 03-01-2021, 04:48 PM

Well it's a good day. Bank just called and the dirt bag that burnt me on the rifle was not as smart as he thought he was. He did not use auto deposit where you do not need the security question thing. The sharks from ATB picked up on something and today they refunded 100 % of my money.
Learned my lesson with the E-transfer. I'm not sure if the guy was actually busted or not but I'm going to check with the RCMP constable that has been very helpful.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:07 PM
Banned

Old 03-01-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Well it's a good day. Bank just called and the dirt bag that burnt me on the rifle was not as smart as he thought he was. He did not use auto deposit where you do not need the security question thing. The sharks from ATB picked up on something and today they refunded 100 % of my money.
Learned my lesson with the E-transfer. I'm not sure if the guy was actually busted or not but I'm going to check with the RCMP constable that has been very helpful.
Nice, you get an attaboy for sinking your teeth into this and holding on like a pitbull, you got your cash back and hopefully got a scumbag off the AO forum and into court where he belongs

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
>>
One for the good guy. I am so happy to hear this news!! Good for you on seeing it through.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:17 PM

A happy ending! That's rare enough to deserve a slow clap of appreciation for seeing it through. Glad you got your cash back!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-01-2021, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Nice, you get an attaboy for sinking your teeth into this and holding on like a pitbull, you got your cash back and hopefully got a scumbag off the AO forum and into court where he belongs
He’s on this forum????
Old 03-01-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
It was town post not A/O
Old 03-01-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Great news. It's so easy to give up. Good job doing a bit of leg work.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:35 PM

Very sorry that you are experiencing the worst of human nature. Not cool...
Old 03-01-2021, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
It was town post not A/O
Sorry my bad

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:46 PM

Awesome news!
Old 03-01-2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Good. You got your money back! But there is still the matter of punishment...

Im gonna hope he gets covid, gives it to his parents and it kills them. And as he crosses the street to arrange for their cremation, he slips and hits his head and dies of a brain bleed, alone on the street like roadkill.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:37 PM

You getting soft on us HS?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-01-2021, 10:08 PM

Man I HATE thieves!

In a perfect world the RC's will catch up to him or even better, he will cross paths with someone he's burned. What a SCUMBAG!
Old 03-01-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:

Great outcome. So to everyone that says Banks won't help, one more time where that proves they will if you ask and they possibly can. Banks are run by people, they hate skells as much as you do. It would be nice if he got locked up on top of not getting your money.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:15 PM
Banned

At least you got your money back. That's a win in my books