Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-01-2017, 05:53 AM

Default Wabamum town boat launch

Was at Wabamum yesterday and noticed that the normal town dock was not installed. I used the long dock on the West side of the launch. It had 2 or 3 small docks attached to the main dock. I am assuming this is going to be the dock for the summer or does anyone know if the normal dock that was always on the East side of the launch is going to be installed yet.
On another note the wife and I fished for about 2 hours and the fishing was good. A few pike and lots of walleye. All were small which is good because it proves once again that the lake is producing well. Does anyone think that it may be possible for this lake to open again for keeping fish?
Thanks.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:11 PM

iIam sure once the dock is back in they will start charging $20.00
or where they charging all ready
Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangeorge View Post
Was at Wabamum yesterday and noticed that the normal town dock was not installed. I used the long dock on the West side of the launch. It had 2 or 3 small docks attached to the main dock. I am assuming this is going to be the dock for the summer or does anyone know if the normal dock that was always on the East side of the launch is going to be installed yet.
On another note the wife and I fished for about 2 hours and the fishing was good. A few pike and lots of walleye. All were small which is good because it proves once again that the lake is producing well. Does anyone think that it may be possible for this lake to open again for keeping fish?
Thanks.
What an interesting question. I used to fish it when there were monster Pike, lots of them, and you could keep them. Now, the Pike are being starved out by the Wallies. I predict that they will have to allow anglers to keep Walleye just so the Pike can survive. 4-5 years my guesstimate.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangeorge View Post
Thanks.
Can't speak about the docks but according to the current AEP Wabamun fish management update, the lake will not be open for keeping fish at least until 2020 when another test netting will occur. You can read more about it in my column in the July AO.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
iIam sure once the dock is back in they will start charging $20.00
or where they charging all ready
Oh Yes they are charging all ready.