Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
Bought a Jiffy Pro 4 last year and loved it. It's heavier, for sure, but can't get over how well it cuts. For $275 on clearance at CT last year, it was a steal...great buy for us.

I see there’s a jiffy on sale now at Canadian tire for about that same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2017, 04:35 PM

Default Ice Auger

Jiffy Pro 4 10" propane , Hands down the best. I punch a lot of holes when I go out, and one bottle of propane lasts hundreds of holes. Depending on how cold it is & where you store the motor( out of the wind & cold) the bottles last & are cheap compared to gas. And the best part is no smell or mixing/ spilling gas/oil.The power is better than my buddies old Jiffy Pro 30 gas& cut holes way faster! 5 winters now & thousands of holes drilled every winter & not one issue. Starts on first pull & I can drill in the tent without smoking it out.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:51 PM

I had a really old Eskimo auger 8” all metal. It was good but a real pain to start. I upgraded last year to a jiffy pro 4 lite. It actually weights the same as my old auger so not that light. But starts first pull and I’ve never used a full bottle. Maybe go out2 or 3 times a month. It’s has been flawless. I move around a lot more drilling holes for everyone and I don’t come home smelling like 2 stroke or spilled gas.