Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-11-2015, 02:56 PM

Default Ft. McMurray Archery Club

Good to hear that the Ft. McMurray club is getting back into the archery action. Planning upcoming 3D shoot as they have new Reinhart targets. They will keep us posted as to future shoot date.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:49 PM

I was very happy to hear the news aswell, its about time. Think its important to note that its the Fort McMurray Fish and Game Association.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:42 AM

I was at the 3D shoot this weekend, my first 3D shoot ever. It was a lot of fun. Great targets. Randy did a great job setting it up.

The archery section of the Fish and Game Association has improved 100% over the last few years. It was neglected in years past, not anymore. Now its Great!!

I also heard the old Clearwater Archery Club has a new "home" just need to clear some land for which will happen this year. Giving archers a couple of great options in the Mac.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:49 AM

Pics???

Neil
Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Pics???

Neil
didn't take any, never even thought of that. Next time I will snap a few.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayquiver View Post
I was at the 3D shoot this weekend, my first 3D shoot ever. It was a lot of fun. Great targets. Randy did a great job setting it up.

The archery section of the Fish and Game Association has improved 100% over the last few years. It was neglected in years past, not anymore. Now its Great!!

I also heard the old Clearwater Archery Club has a new "home" just need to clear some land for which will happen this year. Giving archers a couple of great options in the Mac.
I kept looking on the webpage calender and could never find the dates. Hopefully i can find out when the next one is.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:46 AM

This is Fort McMurray Fish & Game , it has nothing to do with other clubs that operated in the area. For many years, we had nobody willing to step forward as archery chair for FMFG, so very little happened with archery within the club. As of this year, a new volunteer stepped forward as our archery chair, and he is putting a lot of effort into developing the archery discipline. FMFG has made funds available to assist his efforts, and the interest in archery within the club is really growing.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 04-28-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This is Fort McMurray Fish & Game , it has nothing to do with other clubs that operated in the area. For many years, we had nobody willing to step forward as archery chair for FMFG, so very little happened with archery within the club. As of this year, a new volunteer stepped forward as our archery chair, and he is putting a lot of effort into developing the archery discipline. FMFG has made funds available to assist his efforts, and the interest in archery within the club is really growing.
Thats awesome and usually how a good club is started and built...wish you all the best...

Neil