Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-01-2015, 11:28 PM

Default HHA kingpin review

A few guys were wondering about the kingpin so i thought i would do a review

Its a awesome sight, very easy to sight in.

Pros:
- Pin is super bright
- very easy to sight in. simply sight it in at 20 and 60, once that is done you can choose your sight tape and then u will be sighted in from 20-100 yards by the yard.
- Easily adjustable doesn't need allen keys or anything to adjust the sight.
- The sight allows you to switch sight tape wheels out from the sight allowing you to set up multiple sight tapes for different arrow/broad head setups
-The sight has a magnifier on the yardage wheel that makes it very easy to see the yardages.

Cons:
Just like all single pin sights, you may run into problems on action hunts where u don't have very long to figure out the range of the animal and adjust the sight.

Sight is very well built, a great sight from HHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjpb2sZPCuM/o
Old 05-01-2015, 11:30 PM

20 yard group
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (79.1 KB, 65 views)
Old 05-02-2015, 12:59 PM

Default sight

thanks i have one on my last years bow and thinking of buying one for my new bow Kp-xl 5519 is the model i am thinking of i like the biger scope had to find i think
Old 05-02-2015, 04:45 PM

I have the TE-5519, and think it is pretty good too.

Mine has the dovetail bar so that you can adjust the sight radius to get a perfect "fit"with your peep.

Another plus is that it has a mechanical rheostat to adjust the brightness of the pin. As was stated, it is super Bright, and one can "dim" it by simply turning the scope housing.

The dial operates very smoothly, and is consistent going both directions on the yardage scale. The rack and pinion are very tight, with little or no lash that I can detect.

It is indeed built quite well. I still don't think it will be as durable as a spot Hogg hoggit, but it will likely be tough enough to go out in the bush with me. I do have the hoggit on my primary hunting bow though.

It is mounted on a nitrum turbo, and it chronos my hunting arrows at 319 fps. If I set the dial at 33 yards I can maintain a 7" hit window to about 40 yards. Of the 25+ elk and moose I have taken with archery tackle, only 1 moose was outside of that (46yards). Hopefully this is not the year I have to make a long shot with next to no time on the animal of my dreams! Lol. Time will tell.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:27 AM

Many great features as stated above...biggest cons for most is expensive and heavy weight...for many for the quaility those con's are acceptable...

Neil
Old 05-04-2015, 08:03 PM

For sure Neil, they don't give them away, and they are heavy. For a non-mobile (tree stand or ground blind come to mind immediately) application I think it is a tough sight to beat. There are a couple in the same price range that are as good though.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
For sure Neil, they don't give them away, and they are heavy. For a non-mobile (tree stand or ground blind come to mind immediately) application I think it is a tough sight to beat. There are a couple in the same price range that are as good though.
Yup exactally right...thats my suggestion also...expense aside...perfect for blind and stands...If one likes the ...at times fast action of chasing elk on foot...where you have to take them for a seven mile walk in the morning...just to say hello...than a lighter fixed pin sight may be more suitable...

Neil
Old 05-07-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Many great features as stated above...biggest cons for most is expensive and heavy weight...for many for the quaility those con's are acceptable...

Neil
x2 defiantly not cheap but good quality for sure