Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned

As for Bert.
He did what many others in the NHL have done. He jumped a guy. Unfortuntly it was with some bad consiquences.

He can retire here in Calgary from my point of view. He is a valuable addition to the team.

Jamie

Last edited by Brady; 01-23-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Removed off-topic content
Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 AM

How many games will Phaneuf get for his hit in the numbers, how many will Reegher get for his cross-check to the face? And finally will Roy get a suspension for his throat slashing gesture he is supposed to have made during the game??? You guys could have 3 suspensions lol

Last edited by Brady; 01-23-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
How many games will Phaneuf get for his hit in the numbers, how many will Reegher get for his cross-check to the face? And finally will Roy get a suspension for his throat slashing gesture he is supposed to have made during the game??? You guys could have 3 suspensions lol
none of those were nearly bad enough to warrant a suspension. The guy turned and phaneuf let up. He could have hit him a lot worse. regehr got his stick up sure, that isn't what cut him though. His own player stepped on him. the throat slashing thing was hilarious. It happens lots. Never heard of a suspension because of it. No worries in Cowtown.

Last edited by Brady; 01-23-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Removed off-topic content
Old 01-23-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Nice try Kanon, Dion shouldn't have even got a penalty on his hit, Roy and Reagher nothing there either, I think you were just hoping they would be out of our line-up for the next Flame's -Oiler's matchup, as your guy's will need all the help they can get to beat a more Skillful and Talent Laden Flames squad.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Nice try Kanon, Dion shouldn't have even got a penalty on his hit, Roy and Reagher nothing there either, I think you were just hoping they would be out of our line-up for the next Flame's -Oiler's matchup, as your guy's will need all the help they can get to beat a more Skillful and Talent Laden Flames squad.
well 2 out of the 3 times this year it hasn't been a problem for the oilers to beat them...
Old 01-23-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
none of those were nearly bad enough to warrant a suspension. The guy turned and phaneuf let up. He could have hit him a lot worse. regehr got his stick up sure, that isn't what cut him though. His own player stepped on him. the throat slashing thing was hilarious. It happens lots. Never heard of a suspension because of it. No worries in Cowtown.
First off It matters not how hard Phaneuf hit him ..he hit him square in the numbers and the league is cracking down on that hard...he should get a game.
Reghers is worse imo as it was an intent to injure...you dont crosscheck a guy near his head and expect to get away scott free....
As far as Roy goes if I remember correctly the NHL outlawed that gesture anumber of years ago I believe its a fine or 1 game.....

PS from the Chicago Tribune

The league added throat-slashing to its rule against obscene gestures, which calls for an automatic game misconduct and possible additional suspension.

If it was you guys griping about my guys I for the same I would support suspensions...but you guys view thru Flame colored glasses I guess....
Old 01-23-2009, 05:22 PM

Dion's penalty was a joke.....The guy saw him lining him up n turned his back to him. Dion barely touched the guy....yes it was in the numbers. so maybe 2mins but come on
Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
First off It matters not how hard Phaneuf hit him ..he hit him square in the numbers and the league is cracking down on that hard...he should get a game.
Reghers is worse imo as it was an intent to injure...you dont crosscheck a guy near his head and expect to get away scott free....
As far as Roy goes if I remember correctly the NHL outlawed that gesture anumber of years ago I believe its a fine or 1 game.....

PS from the Chicago Tribune

The league added throat-slashing to its rule against obscene gestures, which calls for an automatic game misconduct and possible additional suspension.

If it was you guys griping about my guys I for the same I would support suspensions...but you guys view thru Flame colored glasses I guess....
Ahhhh, Vintage Oiler Wine....
Old 01-23-2009, 07:51 PM

Default feb.5

GO HAWKS GO ! hawk fans bring a broom to the game feb. 5th at the dome .outscored the shames 14-5 so far .
Old 01-23-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Ahhhh, Vintage Oiler Wine....
Not really.......

As an Oilers fan, if 'my' players had commited the same offences I'd be the FIRST one calling for suspensions! Stop being homers boys. Dirty hits are dirty hits period. If you cannot recognize that then you are not true fans of the game. Simply homers..........

The game is bigger than teams.

Tree
Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Not really.......

As an Oilers fan, if 'my' players had commited the same offences I'd be the FIRST one calling for suspensions! Stop being homers boys. Dirty hits are dirty hits period. If you cannot recognize that then you are not true fans of the game. Simply homers..........

The game is bigger than teams.

Tree
The last time I checked the league decide's if suspension's are required for dirty hit's, not the fan's, I believe the hit's in question were not dirty and I'm sure the league agree's, if not so be it, these are big boy's they will take there medicine. It's got absolutely nothing to do with being a true fan of the game or being a home boy. In the OLD battle of Alberta day's the hit's you question were routine and normal, end of story!

Last edited by blackpheasant; 01-23-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I would comment but whats the point if everything we discuss gets Edited by the GENERAL
Old 01-23-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
The last time I checked the league decide's if suspension's are required for dirty hit's, not the fan's, I believe the hit's in question were not dirty and I'm sure the league agree's, if not so be it, these are big boy's they will take there medicine. It's got absolutely nothing to do with being a true fan of the game or being a home boy. In the OLD battle of Alberta day's the hit's you question were routine and normal, end of story!
BP, I played when the boys decided if the hit was dirty or not..............NOT the league.

Cheap azz hits and actions are pu**y imho............ period. If the players on my team resorted to the same actions, I'd be the first one calling for disipline! IMHO, homers suck!

Tree
Old 01-23-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
BP, I played when the boys decided if the hit was dirty or not..............NOT the league.

Cheap azz hits and actions are pu**y imho............ period. If the players on my team resorted to the same actions, I'd be the first one calling for disipline! IMHO, homers suck!

Tree
Do you carry your Pruner's on the ice with you...be honest?????
Old 01-23-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Do you carry your Pruner's on the ice with you...be honest?????
Playin' the ringer in the AM in a 4 on 4 with a bunch of fatties. The pruners will continue to gather rust..................until the weather clears!

Tree

PS First game in 9 years..............
Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:

Tree
Phaneuf and Reagher, Two of the league's best D-man, and ya I'm a Home Boy, damn proud of it too, these guy's ain't cheap shot artist's like you make them out to be, I think you are a little envious is all....
Old 01-24-2009, 09:11 AM

hmmm, nothing here about phaneuf, regehr, or Roy. It is a nice little piece about Souray though.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2644...headlines_main
Old 01-24-2009, 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=mulecrazy;252498]hmmm, nothing here about phaneuf, regehr, or Roy. It is a nice little piece about Souray though.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2644...headlines_main[/QU I wonder if Tree will be calling for some disciplinary action on Souray and walk the talk ?
Old 01-24-2009, 01:27 PM

Yes thats an apt comparison, two cheapshots to unprotected players plus an obscene gesture ( NHL standards ) by a repeat offender. Compared to a player going to meet with the league to make sure he doesn't violate any rules from wearing a brace on a surgically repaired wrist...your right it's exactly the same

But if he got a suspension from it, oh well he got a suspension from it. I would love to see the rationale that the guard is somehow causing him to beat down his opponent..must be one of them super braces...........just read some of the comments after the article.....man I disagree with you guys alot on here but there isn't one of you that would spew the crapola some of those posters write.....you may be cheering for the wrong team but you guys ain't stupid....

Last edited by Kanonfodder; 01-24-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM

hmmm. 10-2. 'nuff said. wouldn't want to kick someone while there down... or would I
Old 01-27-2009, 10:07 PM

Ugggh! Stopped watching at 6-2. That's Karma kicking me in the azz for trading Vanek out of my pool!

Tree
Old 01-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
hmmm. 10-2. 'nuff said. wouldn't want to kick someone while there down... or would I
Mule Kick away.. The folks from the north dont seem to mind doing that.

Wow.. 10-2

Thats gota hurt.. Anyone seen that red panic Button that Kanon was promoting?? Or is it in Mac t's office getting the heck beat out of it???

Serriously, this could be the turning point of the season for the Oil. I am very interested to see how they come out next game. I have seen other teams over the years take a MASSIVE beating like this and come on back to have great years. Wasent it the year Calgary won the cup that they also took a smackdown at this time of year.

Next game is going to be very interesting.

As for Calgary playing Buff.. I am thinking Shut out for Kipper. God knows the sabers do not have any goals left in them and they are probably tired from all that celebrating after EACH AND EVERY GOAL.

Hey Kannon, want our back up?

Jamie
Old 01-28-2009, 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=blackpheasant;252511]
Quote:
hmmm, nothing here about phaneuf, regehr, or Roy. It is a nice little piece about Souray though.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2644...headlines_main[/QU I wonder if Tree will be calling for some disciplinary action on Souray and walk the talk ?
Yep, I think that Souray should get a game for fighting with his wrist guard. Caused a splitter and it is not the first time he has done it. If ya need to wear one then there is no need to drop 'em. Period.

Tree
Old 01-28-2009, 12:19 AM

Yep, pure blow out. Plain and simple. It happens. The guys really sucked arse tonight. I sincerly hope that you Flames guys do not have to endure the same pain this time tommorow night. It's not fun...............

Tree
Old 01-28-2009, 12:26 AM

Not a fun game for Oil country......I hear the Flames are aquiring Gerber...that bodes well for a cup run as he's been on a Stanley finalist I believe last 3 yrs......as for Souray no suspension for the deadly neoprene wristguard......yup much worse than crosshecking in the face or hitting in the numbers......any word on Roy's meeting with Cambell for his throat slash?? Im guessing another fine???
Old 01-28-2009, 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=TreeGuy;254805]
Quote:

Yep, I think that Souray should get a game for fighting with his wrist guard. Caused a splitter and it is not the first time he has done it. If ya need to wear one then there is no need to drop 'em. Period.

Tree
Your a Good Man Tree, I don,t care what them other guy's said about you, you walked the talk, I still think all our guy's are innocent though !
Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 AM

OK Halftime is over, Jarome is due to start lighting it up again, if the boy's dig deep for there Captain , first place in the NW won't be a problem. If your a NUCKS fan this Sundin deal must be causing some discomfort....
Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 AM

B-Fez, here's my take on things.........

The game is always bigger than any individual or team. I will stand up for the game first and foremost everytime.

I like Roy, but he has been suspended in the past for the same gesture. No brainer, sit him down.

Reggie's crosscheck to the face was blatent and ugly. That is undeniably and indefensable. Another no brainer.

Although I haven't seen the Phanuff hit yet, he was assesed a major and a game misconduct which is automatically reviewable. The only thing that may have saved his sorry arse is if the opposing player turned his back to him. If that is the case, then he should have hit him even harder!

This trend of players turning their backs to a hit is by FAR one of the worst trends in hockey. One of these princesses are going to get paralyzed or killed doing it. Stupid. These actions filter down, and I'm even seeing kids doing it in minor hockey. Drives me nuts!

Tree
Old 01-28-2009, 03:23 PM

This trend of players turning their backs to a hit is by FAR one of the worst trends in hockey. One of these princesses are going to get paralyzed or killed doing it. Stupid. These actions filter down, and I'm even seeing kids doing it in minor hockey. Drives me nuts!

Tree[/QUOTE]

I agree with tree on this one. The kids are doing it, hoping to draw a penalty. Not thinking that they could be hurt doing it.

As for the 10-2

Go Flames Go Baby
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
OK Halftime is over, Jarome is due to start lighting it up again, if the boy's dig deep for there Captain , first place in the NW won't be a problem. If your a NUCKS fan this Sundin deal must be causing some discomfort....
I'm a Canucks fan and I'm actually not discomforted by the Sundin deal at all. Losing the last 7 games on home ice definitely bothers me but that certainly isn't his fault. The season is full of ups and downs, and if you'd told me at the start of the season they'd be within 2 points of 5th place with 34 games to go, I would've been more than satisfied. They didn't have to give up any assets to get Sundin (other than money, which they had plenty of) and they were very thin in the top 6 forwards. Besides, he really hasn't played below my expectations (the guy came in half way through the season and he has been looking better every game).

Both the Canucks and the Oilers are going to be in a pretty insane playoff race for the next 3 months. Only 6 points between 5th and 12th right now. It'll be an interesting home stretch.