Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-10-2015, 11:14 PM

Default Beaver lots and grades

I have been meaning to post my lots for awhile now and due to my lack of tech I have had an issue until now.

The one beaver with the bubble was offered but bought back the other LM was not offered in this last sale. These were both prime beavers caught under the ice with 330s. My lower grade beavers were bought in previous auctions and private sale after the auction.
Any thoughts?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:57 AM

Default Beavers

Any fur in a NAFA sale that is in an 8*** is a show lot. These lots sell the same as others, but take quite a while to show up on your account as sold or not. I sold a few beavers in 8*** lots last sale, still don't know which ones. That process is kind of annoying. As for beaver in general, the crappy stuff seems to be selling well at low prices. The better stuff seems to be 50/50, but still demands a good price. If you sell selects, *I, or I-II, you will get near double the average prices in that size category (depending on color, the darker the better). Hope that helps.

Spruce
Old 03-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Default 8*** Lots

Here is a picture of the 8*** lots I had in last sale. 3 of the beavers sold, I still don't know which ones though.

Spruce
Attached Images
File Type: png Beaver snip.PNG (5.1 KB, 34 views)
Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 AM

Quick question is a show lot sold differently than the reg auction?
Old 03-11-2015, 10:07 AM

I am not to sure. They must put them in on strings, or treaty sales...can't honestly answer that. I know 2 beavers I had were sold before the sale started (likely private treaty).

Spruce
Old 03-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Banned

I had 2 beaver in the last NAFA auction, an XL and a L. The L wasn't offered. The post auction NAFA newsletter (if I can find it online I'll post the exert) stated that due to lower expected prices for smaller sized beaver they were held back so my L beaver doesn't show anywhere on my account except for on my receipt. I don't know how to do a fancy screen shot but here's a cut and paste for the one beaver that was offered/sold.

118183 xl *I br 1 33.00 40.92 40.92

*EDIT* Found it.

"Beaver sold approximately 65% with a limited quantity of heavier, better quality shearing types selling reasonably well, while commercial quality, straight haired types sold at disappointing levels. The smaller size Beavers were not offered due to reduced demand and prices at the present time."

http://www.nafa.ca/17304

Last edited by HunterDave; 03-11-2015 at 12:54 PM.