Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-02-2018, 07:43 PM

Default Invermere boat launch

I am going to take my boat to invermere this year but I am having trouble finding the public boat launch online. Does anyone know where it is or have used it? I see canal flats has a launch but it says $20/ day.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 07:48 PM

The one on lake windermere(right at the star of invermere at the bottom of the hill) is public. Get there before 10 and grin and bear it trying to get out. You’ll know what I mean. The one at canal flats is for Columbia lake. Did not know they charged. Windermere lake is free and a zoo.

Ps. No public docks at Windermere. If you are fishing and not skiing, go to premier lake. Further but way nicer.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Banned

Be prepared to haul your boat every day or moore it.
Don't ski during the day. All the "Wake" boats and the fact it is a narrow lake make it impossible. Ski in the AM, Tube all afternoon, Ski in the evening.
Use the windermere launch. You can fill up just north of there.
Good luck, have fun.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:47 AM

Depends on the boat and towing vehicle you have but I always launch in the town of Windermere at a free spot just because we usually stay there instead of invermere. For the life of me I can't remember the street name now. (But no dock)

As far as fishing goes... Lake Windermere is a good bass lake if that's what you're after. The lake is huge and I've never been bothered by skiers and tubers when fishing there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2018, 09:03 AM
Banned

My buddy Mike owns invermere boat rentals, for 20$ or a bottle of lambs navy rum he'll let you store your boat for a day or 2 if he's not too busy
Old 02-03-2018, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the info. What is the boat launch like in Windermere? I have a 2009 17.5 ft bayliner. Could I launch there? I am going down the week before July 1st and will be there mon-friday so I am hoping the public one at the bottom of the hill isn't too bad. I am staying in the condos right beside that launch so it would be convenient. Most of the time we will just 've cruising the lake with the kids but I will definitely be dropping the rod in a few times.

Old 02-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmtobias View Post
Thanks for the info. What is the boat launch like in Windermere? I have a 2009 17.5 ft bayliner. Could I launch there? I am going down the week before July 1st and will be there mon-friday so I am hoping the public one at the bottom of the hill isn't too bad. I am staying in the condos right beside that launch so it would be convenient. Most of the time we will just 've cruising the lake with the kids but I will definitely be dropping the rod in a few times.

Shouldn't be a issue
Old 02-03-2018, 08:01 PM

Mmtobias.. we usually stay at Akiskinook and use that small launch in the town of Windermere. Your boat shouldn't be a big deal at that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk