Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-02-2018, 05:15 PM

Default Cabela's Sale - decent deals to be had Guide Wear bib/parka & Auger

Granted this speaks more to the retail mark-up in the first place, but nice to get a surprise every now and then.

Had bought a set of Cabela's Guide Wear bibs and parka for ice fishing. Regular were $350 for each piece, on sale for $262 so not too bad. Had bought them online with free shipping, and the size wasn't quite right so I order another set as well to try. Ended up returning the one set today, and when I went to print out the receipt I see they are further reduced, so took in the set I'm keeping as well. Ended up getting them for $210 and $220 respectively. Quality is very good on initial impression, and $430 for the set is right up my alley, rather than the normal $700.

Also, if you're in the market for a new auger. I had bought the Eskimo Rocket P1 propane 10" online, on sale for $620 from original $670. It is further reduced now to $570, best deal I've seen on it in a while. I had it delivered to the store for pick up, so when I picked it up I just went right back to the front and got the extra $$ back.

So, I returned the items I wanted to return, plus got an extra $167 back after tax on the items I was keeping. Some days it's worth the extra hassle.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:42 PM

Good day for sure. Found money.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Good day for sure. Found money.
Absolutely!! I still can't quit smiling. Then to top it off, I was just chatting with a buddy today that I wanted to pick up one of those Mr. Heater Big Buddy heaters for ice fishing, but only the smaller one seems to ever go on sale. Lo and behold, I go onto The Fishin Hole's website tonight and there's the Big Buddy heater on sale, as is the carry case for it!! The only thing full price is the 5' hose to utilize a 20lb tank, can't win them all I guess, lol.

Also ordered a pair of the Muck Arctic Pro boots from The Fishin Hole, on sale for $120, from regular $160.

Free shipping to boot. I think I'd better get my butt home from work early tonight before the missus goes to sleep, maybe my luck will hold for just a few more hours...
Old 02-02-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post
Absolutely!! I still can't quit smiling. Then to top it off, I was just chatting with a buddy today that I wanted to pick up one of those Mr. Heater Big Buddy heaters for ice fishing, but only the smaller one seems to ever go on sale. Lo and behold, I go onto The Fishin Hole's website tonight and there's the Big Buddy heater on sale, as is the carry case for it!! The only thing full price is the 5' hose to utilize a 20lb tank, can't win them all I guess, lol.

Also ordered a pair of the Muck Arctic Pro boots from The Fishin Hole, on sale for $120, from regular $160.

Free shipping to boot. I think I'd better get my butt home from work early tonight before the missus goes to sleep, maybe my luck will hold for just a few more hours...
Go to Canadian tire are get a 5 or 10 lbs tank they are why easier to carry and hold more then enough propane.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:33 PM

Talking Muck boots

The Mucks are $100 at Costco! Edmonton!
Old 02-04-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post

Rather than get the name brand hose, just get one made by "Masterchef" at Canadian Tire. Exact same hose, can be had for less than 10 bucks.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter30 View Post
The Mucks are $100 at Costco! Edmonton!
I thought someone had said those were the Arctic Sport?
Old 02-04-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBoy0919 View Post
Rather than get the name brand hose, just get one made by "Masterchef" at Canadian Tire. Exact same hose, can be had for less than 10 bucks.
Thanks, I’ll have a look. Already ordered the one from Fishin Hole, but who knows, might decide I want a longer one to be able to move the heater around a bit more.