Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-05-2018, 10:40 AM

Default Vexillar FLX-12

In need of some advice from everyone here. Looking at getting my first flasher and am looking at the Vexillar FLX-12 Propack. I mainly fish at places like Eagle Lake and Pine Coulee, but the odd time I go to Sprey or Kanaskis Lakes for lakers. It will be my first flasher as well so I'm not certain exactly what I'm looking for. Any input on this flasher or others would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-05-2018, 12:17 PM

Vexilar is a solid choice and will last you for many many years. There was a thread on here not too long ago if you do a little searching you'll find it quick enough. Aside from that have you checked out this link on Vex website? Lots of info here: http://www.vexilar.com/pages/learning

Cheers!
Old 02-05-2018, 12:28 PM

The new FLX units are all brushless so that is a big advantage over the old ones(not as noisy. The 12 degree transducer will be a decent option for what you want to do as it is in between the normal narrow and wide beams on most other units.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:05 PM

I'm also toying with the idea of just getting the fl8-se and the aqua-vu 715c camera
Old 02-05-2018, 04:41 PM

I tried pretty much every flasher made. The only ones that survived long term are the two Vexillars I have. All the other ones croaked completely or needed major repairs in under 3 years. Re-sold or returned every one of the others.

One is over 25 years old and has seen some of the worst conditions imaginable. All it ever got was one new battery and a set of brushes. The other is over 15 years old and has never needed anything despite thousands of hours of use.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I tried pretty much every flasher made. The only ones that survived long term are the two Vexillars I have. All the other ones croaked completely or needed major repairs in under 3 years. Re-sold or returned every one of the others.

One is over 25 years old and has seen some of the worst conditions imaginable. All it ever got was one new battery and a set of brushes. The other is over 15 years old and has never needed anything despite thousands of hours of use.
That sums it up , Vexilar