Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Confirmed suspect as a Muslim refugee
Very curious where he hails from. Wouldn't it just be peachy if he was one of the 50,000 Syrian refugees that our PM campaigned on bringing into Canada, with the utmost safety for all citizens. Would be a great narrative for him to face in Question Period. Will be very curious to hear the back story on this murderer's origins. And yes, I understand that nobody died (that I'm aware of, yet), but the intent to murder was clearly there, so I feel ok calling him that. Perhaps one could call him an incompetent murderer. Thankfully.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Banned

Default Somalia

According to CTV news he is from Somalia and was in the process of getting immigration or refugee status. It's headline news from CTV about his origins.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/terrori...tack-1.3614259

Al Shabab is known to be heavy in Somalia.

That does not mean they are all that way. Look at the nice immigration minister. A success story for Justine! ( feline version )

Does everybody know what " NO GO " zones are?
Old 10-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Banned

Just listened to the update from police. It's kind of a letdown. Turns out this was just a lone wolf nutjob upset with his lot in life. No sleeper cell agent, or someone with ties to any terrorist organization. It would have been nice if he could have provided some information about real terrorists. Just another low life criminal and cop hater. Probably high on something.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:56 PM

Not to mention he was previously investigated for espousing radical views. Yet he was allowed to stay here and keep (poorly) planning his attack.

Time for a reverse onus immigration system
Old 10-01-2017, 03:59 PM

In the video as he was running away the officer have shot him down.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Impossible.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:09 PM

The mayor sounds surprisingly similar to someone elses comments earlier in this thread...

Too bad the damage has already been done...

My guess is the situation is just as I explained earlier. Refugee who came to Canada hoping to finally have a good break in life. Instead gets treated like crap by locals, has trouble finding work and ends up having a break down and decides to try and take out a few Canadians with him...

I will admit there is the very slight chance he came over as a terrorist and was abiding his time to wreak havoc. If so then running a barricade and stabbing a police officer probably sure made his superiors proud... Pretty pathetic terrorist lol...
Old 10-01-2017, 04:10 PM

Anyways nothing to see hear. Go back to your fear mongering people. Isis is coming for you lol...
Old 10-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
The mayor sounds surprisingly similar to someone elses comments earlier in this thread...

My guess is the situation is just as I explained earlier. Refugee who came to Canada hoping to finally have a good break in life. Instead gets treated like crap by locals, has trouble finding work and ends up having a break down and decides to try and take out a few Canadians with him...

I will admit there is the very slight chance he came over as a terrorist and was abiding his time to wreak havoc. If so then running a barricade and stabbing a police officer probably sure made his superiors proud... Pretty pathetic terrorist lol...
You have "guessed" at a lot of things today.......
Old 10-01-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:

or take your head out of the sand and see that terrorism is in this country

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-01-2017, 04:25 PM

He probably came over as a radical Islamist who then acted on his beliefs and tried to kill some infidels.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
or take your head out of the sand and see that terrorism is in this country
I would gladly take "terrorism" over our regular crime in that case...

37 homicides in Edmonton this year alone. How many did the big scary terrorist take out again?

I'm out, it is obvious you guys won't understand that the negatives of this reporting far outweigh the positives(of which there are none).

At least they tried to fix their wrongs with their comments after the fact. Too little too late though.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I would gladly take "terrorism" over our regular crime in that case...

37 homicides in Edmonton this year alone. How many did the big scary terrorist take out again?

I'm out, it is obvious you guys won't understand that the negatives of this reporting far outweigh the positives(of which there are none).

At least they tried to fix their wrongs with their comments after the fact. Too little too late though.
Millions of people died from cancer in 2001. 9/11 only killed a couple thousand.. no big deal.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Anyways nothing to see hear. Go back to your fear mongering people. Isis is coming for you lol...
I agree. This "terrorist" wins in the end. He wanted to stay in Canada. I have a feeling he will be here for a long time, and will have better living conditions then back in Somalia.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Banned

Default Official

He was officially charged with an act of Terrorism by the Edmonton police.

What part of that is not understood. Why are so many people in denial.

Yes it happened in Edmonton.

Don't venture into crowded areas in the future unless you understand the risks.

Use your heads.

Although some claim it's a lone wolf to pacify the public the key words by the official police release is " may ".

I highly doubt it's a lone wolf. Most probable is a support cell. He just wanted to be a martyr and get the 72 virgins.

Lucky he was not wearing a suicide vest when the police pulled him out. That was crazy.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:02 PM

RayYak,,,
"I would gladly take "terrorism" over our regular crime in that case"

That is a pretty sick thing to say.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 10-01-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangosteen View Post

Use your heads.

Although some claim it's a lone wolf to pacify the public the key words by the official police release is " may ".

I highly doubt it's a lone wolf. Most probable is a support cell. He just wanted to be a martyr and get the 72 virgins.

Lucky he was not wearing a suicide vest when the police pulled him out. That was crazy.

Bang on! How does an ISIS cell become sanctioned. Does someone from Siria, Iran, or wherever come over and perform a turban-over? Similar to a hells antels patch over. Or does he order his ISIS flag and watch a few YouTube videos and voila he's a sleeper cell.

This kook acted like a terrorist looked like a terrorist and conducted a terrorist act. You know looks like a duck walks like a duck quacks like a duck. It's a duck!
This guys a terrorist!

Not all terrorists are Muslim or fro Muslim countries. Mcvey was a terrorist and not Muslim.

I believe the news release was an attempt to silence the public and put some ease in the people's minds. I wonder how long till a uhaul is used again in another act of violence by a "lone wolf"!

Put this clown on a herc and drop him over Somalia or wherever the hell he came from and not waste another dime on him!

BW
Old 10-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I don't believe it. Must be a mistake! That's the religion of peace.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:

So, it's Canadians' fault his life here sucked, and therefore he was completely justified in what he did. Gotcha.

Do you read what you write before you post it? Jesus..... Maybe you should 'guess' less, and keep your slanted speculations to yourself.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-01-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
So, it's Canadians' fault his life here sucked, and therefore he was completely justified in what he did. Gotcha.

Do you read what you write before you post it? Jesus..... Maybe you should 'guess' less, and keep your slanted speculations to yourself.
If you're correct then it won't be long before he gets his fortune from us Canadians .

BW

Last edited by Bigwoodsman; 10-01-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

I think the ravyak guy blames us for this incident. I mean I didnt hug a terrorist last week. Or cook for the jihadi pancake breakfast/meet and greet on 107th the week before I guess I'm really culpable. There will be a few more apologists posting on this forum just watch.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
The only logical thing to do here is give the attacker 10 million dollars and an apology.

What kind of socks would you wear if you wrote the check?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 10-01-2017, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangosteen View Post

Use your heads.

Wouldn't life be boring if everyone agreed with everyone else on this forum?
At the 3:00 pm info briefing it was made quite clear that this criminal was NOT being charged with terrorism. You can hear the briefing on the 630 ched audio vault.
Support cells?? Suicide vests?? Pacify the public?? Don't venture out into public?? What imagination.
This is better then watching Mission Impossible. It really sounds like some people want this guy to be a real terrorist. Why is that?
What Drama!

P.S. I really hope we never do have a real terrorist attack here in Edmonton.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

What kind of socks would you wear if you wrote the check?
Can I use that line in my signature?

Old 10-01-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Wouldn't life be boring if everyone agreed with everyone else on this forum?
At the 3:00 pm info briefing it was made quite clear that this criminal was NOT being charged with terrorism. You can hear the briefing on the 630 ched audio vault.
Support cells?? Suicide vests?? Pacify the public?? Don't venture out into public?? What imagination.
This is better then watching Mission Impossible. It really sounds like some people want this guy to be a real terrorist. Why is that?
What Drama!

P.S. I really hope we never do have a real terrorist attack here in Edmonton.
You need to do some reading

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...wolf-1.4315693

terrorism charges pending
Closed Thread