Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-18-2015, 12:57 PM

Default Looking for a good Stihl dealer

I am hoping that somebody here may have some information on a good dealer either in Edmonton or Calgary or any other place that sells Stihl chainsaws...I am looking for this particular model...MSA 200 C-BQ....it is a battery operated one. My wife wants one for Christmas so she can do some work on our cross country ski trails on our property...I can't always get out there to do that for her,so I guess I have to give the poor woman what she wants this year..again! Last year it was a compound mitre saw...Ya I know, she is pretty easy to please kinda low maintenance wife I got here, she likes to get tools for presents...I'm good with that!! Lol
Thanks...Merry Christmas All!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-18-2015, 01:04 PM

I like these guys in Cochrane

http://www.equipmentexpress.ca/index.html
Old 12-18-2015, 01:12 PM

Alberta small engine repair on 50th street and 67th avenue in Edmonton. I have had good luck dealing with them.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Bryan View Post
Alberta small engine repair on 50th street and 67th avenue in Edmonton. I have had good luck dealing with them.
X2! Bought a saw from them 3 years and still remember how good the service was! Owners son help my friend and he was so professional I bought a saw too. I needed one anyways and I was so impressed I figured what the hell.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:33 PM

Great guys.

Ar-Jay's Lawn Garden

12868 - 52 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5A 0B6
Tel: (780) 476-0448
Email: arjayser@telusplanet.net
Old 12-18-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
X2
Old 12-18-2015, 03:57 PM

Thank you everyone for the help...Mrs Zip texted me a picture of the exact saw she wants as a very subtle hint for Xmas!
have a great weekend all!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-18-2015, 04:41 PM

Airdrie is farther away, but the dealer here has been awesome everytime I have dealt with them.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM

If know its far away but Maximum Power Sports in Peace River is great to deal with.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Only ones that get my businesses now. Excellent service and always seem to have everything in stock. Plus they are the only dealer that actually have their own sales, not just the manufacturers sales.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 12-18-2015, 10:57 PM

Thank you once again for the info, I will be using this... Rather quickly as yup once again my procrastination has me leaving shopping until the last minute.
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-19-2015, 09:10 AM

These guys have been good to me over the years.....
Good luck

Alberta Forest & Garden

1220 Meridian Rd NE
Calgary, AB T2A 2N9
Phone: (403) 248-0878
Email: csr@abforest.com

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:53 PM

Where are you located? South of peace river would be GP, call northern metallic and see if they got that one.
Got a little 170 with easy start here, wife starts that no problem and its jammy enough.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:59 PM

Northern metallic.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Banned

Default Looking for a good Stihl dealer

Gateway in Rocky is a good dealer. Small town service. Skidoo/canam, Kawasaki, KTM, Cub Cadet and Stihl dealer.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFFBUFF View Post
Where are you located? South of peace river would be GP, call northern metallic and see if they got that one.
Got a little 170 with easy start here, wife starts that no problem and its jammy enough.
Actually I am just south of Peace River...out in the bush east of Nampa. Kinda like being in the middle of nowhere...well not kinda I guess,I'm looking out my window right now and all I can see is my yard and a bunch of bush...so I guess forget the kinda part...I am in the middle of the bush...love it way out here!! Moose,deer,elk,bear,coyotes,wolves,rabbits,grouse, some days I can see any one of those out my kitchen window...plus the Heart River is right in my front yard...and runs all through our 1/4 section...possibly be for sale next year I'm way to old and frail to be pounding posts anymore..plus this way to big to look after since I got sick!! I think I wanna be a gypsy for awile!!

Thanks everyone for getting back to me...you guys are Awesome, Merry Christmas
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-20-2015, 10:23 AM

Just drove through there the other day... Interesting country...

Ar-man in Vulcan is a good dealer, and generally will have things ordered within a few days...
Old 12-20-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
Just drove through there the other day... Interesting country...

Ar-man in Vulcan is a good dealer, and generally will have things ordered within a few days...
Yes very interesting for sure...hunting is pretty good up this way, too bad I couldn't get out to enjoy that this year...so I just tried living through everyone else's hunts this year as they were being posted up...worked for me this year, I guess we will see what next year brings for me!
Also if you happen to be a camera guy...the pictures that come your way just from alittle walk around is amazing some days!
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip