Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-09-2017, 10:41 AM

Default Trapper Legal Fund

Guys, just a reminder to send in your $$ contribution into the ATA legal defence fund. The RFMA's in this province have an estimated value of $60,000,000 in cabins/bridges/trails etc. Please be sure to do your part for insurance to protect your valuable assets from GOA.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Banned

?????...Sorry but I haven't heard about this latest "situation"
But there are "situations" about fingers being in the pie...???.
More info required before I contribute to a "slush fund"..FWIW
Old 04-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Banned

Is that where this comes from, "Will be setting up large cash reserve fund to protect any trappers with major problem with latest changes."? I figured that money would come from the profits generated from Trapping courses.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Is that where this comes from, "Will be setting up large cash reserve fund to protect any trappers with major problem with latest changes."? I figured that money would come from the profits generated from Trapping courses.
☝️☝️
Old 04-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcrazy View Post
☝️☝️
Instead of posting stupid emoticons, why don't you man up and say what you have to say, if anything.......or is that the extent of your intelligence?

EDIT.......NOW he decides to do his homework and read the ATA President's meeting thread, AFTER posting his emoticons!

Last edited by HunterDave; 04-09-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Instead of posting stupid emoticons, why don't you man up and say what you have to say, if anything.......or is that the extent of your intelligence?

EDIT.......NOW he decides to do his homework and read the ATA President's meeting thread, AFTER posting his emoticons!
Yep, that's about the extent lol. I'm just sick of you flapping you're mouth about the mandatory course. Their are a lot of people that enjoy taking the course even for the 2nd or 3rd time through the years. They say they always take something away that they can use. I've had trappers that challenged the exam in my shop teaching them to skin etc years into their trapping career and realizing that they wasted so much time not doing things right by not learning the basics of humane trapping and proper pelt handling. I might not be a know it all like you but I do know it's in our best interest as trappers to prove to the government and our critics that new trappers are being trained.

As for the trappers legal fund I'd like to see you put your money where your mouth is and man up for yourself and support trapping in Alberta. Smart ***** comments like" I figured that money would come from the profits generated from Trapping courses" isn't going to help fellow trappers or yourself if 💩 hits the fan. I don't have my money in but I will by the end of this month. How about you?

After I talked you once I figured using emoticons was the easiest way of communicating with you since they are simple.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:10 AM
Banned

Here ya go.....The last post before the derail.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Honestly all of this is very disheartening to follow and does leave a bad taste in your mouth. I for one will be away from it for quite awhile.
Happy, safe trapping to you all.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:25 AM

So Dave, you're suggesting that the ATA uses money that it "might" generate from its MOU with government to supply a Legal Defense Fund that would be needed to challenge the very government that it holds the MOU with? Think about what you're saying, it makes zero sense. How long do you think the government would fund a Legal Defense Fund that, if needed, would be used against them? All Legal Defense Fund monies are coming directly from the trappers themselves and are held in trust entirely separate from ATA operations. The ATA has my $1000.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage View Post
So Dave, you're suggesting that the ATA uses money that it "might" generate from its MOU with government to supply a Legal Defense Fund that would be needed to challenge the very government that it holds the MOU with? Think about what you're saying, it makes zero sense. How long do you think the government would fund a Legal Defense Fund that, if needed, would be used against them? All Legal Defense Fund monies are coming directly from the trappers themselves and are held in trust entirely separate from ATA operations. The ATA has my $1000.
No, I never suggested that at all. What I was talking about was applying the education MOU money towards the Basic Trapping course to lower the cost of it. As people have mentioned this thread is supposed to be about the proposed Legal Defense fund and I'll leave you guys to it.

EDIT* Has anyone thought about the GOA holding back the MOU money for education if you take them to court?

Last edited by HunterDave; 04-19-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage View Post
S The ATA has my $1000.
Yep, mine as well.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Guys, just a reminder to send in your $$ contribution into the ATA legal defence fund. The RFMA's in this province have an estimated value of $60,000,000 in cabins/bridges/trails etc. Please be sure to do your part for insurance to protect your valuable assets from GOA.
Thanks for the reminder. I will be sending mine.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:29 PM

Default Trapper Legal Fund

It is easy to use the RCMP as a scapegoat. The ATA should have principles/practices in place to prevent this. Hopefully it is an expensive lesson to learn from.