Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2023, 01:22 PM

Default A good news travel story

Just thought I would share our positive flight experience. We were offered a friends condo in San Jose Del Cabo over the holidays. We booked Swoop direct from EDM 24th to 31st. Of course early in December we got the notice from Swoop that our return flight has been canceled and we are now booked to return on the 28th.

I took the full refund from Swoop, rebooked on Flair airlines for the original dates (Westjet price was almost double) for a few hundred more per flight and held my breath. Our Flair experience was excellent, both flights left on time and landed early and our checked luggage arrived undamaged. Keep in mind these are older planes with smaller seats but I am a big guy and live in the exit row. No screens or plug ins. They have an app for in flight services but they do not have a liquor license yet.

With all the airline scheduling and canceling horror stories and storms impacting service across the country we were very fortunate. I am sure not everyone has had the same positive epxerience with Flair but since I have made my career in cutomer service excellence it is important to recognize both positive and negative experiences.
Old 01-03-2023, 01:26 PM

Thanks for some good news. The angry stuff is so tiresome. Happy New Year.
Old 01-03-2023, 01:47 PM

That is great to hear after all of the delays and cancellations. Personally, I really don't care if I can get a drink, or if there are screens or plug ins, if the flights are safe, and on time.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:53 PM

That is good news, much better that some other airlines like Sunwing that just didn’t show up.

I must say that with the poop show at the airports where Westjet and Air Canada just canceled flight I looked on Flightradar24 app and Flair just kept going, sure they were delayed but they were flying in and out of Vancouver.
Old 01-03-2023, 06:39 PM

I was in Comox the end of June. The morning we are to leave I get a text from Flair that my flight has been changed from 9:30 to 10:40am. Half hour later I got another text that my flight was delayed until 1:10. Just going to head to the airport and got another text that it was delayed until 4:40 pm. While on our way to the airport I get another text saying it was delayed until 6:20pm. Went and sat at a bar a couple miles from the airport killing time, just going to leave the bar and get another text that it was delayed until 7:40pm. Finally boarded the plane about 8:00pm. That was my first and last time flying Flair.
Old 01-03-2023, 06:49 PM

You lucked out!

I retired from WestJet a few years ago and the Flair check-in counter was next to ours... Almost every shift we would have Flair passengers come by and ask if we could help them b/c Flair cancelled their flight and never showed up at the counter to help them...

"Friends don't let friends fly Flair"!!

-Confucius