Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2018, 01:01 PM

Default Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Podcast

The BHA is an organization fighting to protect your rights to hunt pristine backcountry wilderness. Tom and I talked about this organization and its points of focus, Chronic Wasting Disease, ethics of hunting, connection to the land, requirements of good hunting and fishing, how to begin. Check it out below, also I had Tom Zimmerling on a previous epiosde, he is the CEO of the ACA, they are the organization most of your tag money goes too, so check that one out as well.

https://yourforestpodcast.com/episod...o5iebn57z6e6h3
Old 05-25-2018, 02:01 PM

Good podcast thx
Old 05-25-2018, 02:12 PM

Great job, thanks!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:37 PM

Default Bha

Be aware that this BHA group is an ENGO funded partially by Y2Y and other like groups from the USA. In my opinion, not the outdoors enthusiasts or hunters best friend. They are one of the major groups influencing our current government's initiative to close off areas and create new parks to attain their final vision of the Yellowstone to Yukon Park. Do your research before drinking their Kool Aid.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
Be aware that this BHA group is an ENGO funded partially by Y2Y and other like groups from the USA. In my opinion, not the outdoors enthusiasts or hunters best friend. They are one of the major groups influencing our current government's initiative to close off areas and create new parks to attain their final vision of the Yellowstone to Yukon Park. Do your research before drinking their Kool Aid.
X2
Old 05-25-2018, 10:24 PM

This thread on the BHA got quite interesting....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...unters+Anglers
Cat
Old 05-25-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
X3 these guys are bad news. Total supporters of The far left eco groups that are closing down our back country. Just look at who the members of their board are. I was near ft macloud the other day, I could see castle, oldman/Livingston, and the porkies all in one panoramic view. An absolute massive amount of land. All gone to Phillips and her eco groups. No thanks. We have no public land left in the south.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
X3
Old 05-25-2018, 10:49 PM

I can assure you guys, we received no funding from Y2Y.

Not everyone has to agree with us. It's a free country and we all do what we think is best. We are doing what we think is best for Alberta's wildlife and Alberta's hunters and anglers.

To be blunt... why would companies like Yeti, Kimber, Meat Eater, Sitka, First Lite, Muley Freak, Solo Hunter, Savage Arms, Seek Outside (the list goes on...) continue to support us if we were trying to "shut down Yellowstone to Yukon". Think about it.

With that said, I know there is a handfull of people on here who like to repeatedly spread lies and stir the pot. You hate us. And I'm not going to go round and round argueing with conspiracy theorists. Anyone else is free to PM me questions you may have, email us directly, join our facebook, or come to a Pint Night (Hank Shaw will be here for Pint Nights in Calgary and Edmonton in July, we also have a YYC Trout Fest in Calgary in June).

Good luck in the last bit of spring bear season
Old 05-26-2018, 07:57 AM

Default Green Decoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_BHA View Post

To be blunt... why would companies like Yeti, Kimber, Meat Eater, Sitka, First Lite, Muley Freak, Solo Hunter, Savage Arms, Seek Outside (the list goes on...) continue to support us if we were trying to "shut down Yellowstone to Yukon". Think about it.
To be blunt ... BHA is just a Green Decoy.

On page 12 of the Y2Y annual report it lists BHA as a collaborating partner in their mission and projects.

https://y2y.net/publications/Y2Y_201...l%20Report.pdf

Some information on your funding and ties to other ecco activists and on your objectives here.

http://www.americanlandscouncil.org/...r_radical_side
Old 05-26-2018, 08:27 AM

Default Y2Y/BHA Master Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
This thread on the BHA got quite interesting....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...unters+Anglers
Cat
I just had a re-read of that thread that was posted a mere year ago. Lots of posts about , dont worry, nothings going away.

Look at the changes that have taken place in one short year. How has this impacted you ?

The Castle Park
The Big Horn
The Porcupine
The Boreal Forest Park
Old 05-26-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:

On page 12 of the Y2Y annual report it lists BHA as a collaborating partner in their mission and projects.

Some information on your funding and ties to other ecco activists and on your objectives here.

Nice Follow the money/funding.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 05-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:

Thanks for posting! Nice to see someone is actually paying attention.

BHA is nothing but a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
but behind the outdoorsy name is a group funded by leftist foundations and environmentalists, with goals very different than those supported by true hunters, anglers and sportsmen. The research website, “Activist Facts,” points out:

“BHA represents itself as good-ole-boy outdoorsmen who simply want to hunt and fish and be left alone. But don’t be fooled. As evidenced by both its sources of funding and current leadership, BHA is nothing more than a big green activist organization pushing a radical environmentalist agenda.”
And that right there about sums up BHA.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:21 PM

Perhaps these BHA posters should be shown the door before they influence unknowing members via PM etc.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Perhaps these BHA posters should be shown the door before they influence unknowing members via PM etc.
Excuse Me??? Are you in the least friggin' bit serious??
Old 05-27-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
but behind the outdoorsy name is a group funded by leftist foundations and environmentalists, with goals very different than those supported by true hunters, anglers and sportsmen. The research website, “Activist Facts,” points out:

“BHA represents itself as good-ole-boy outdoorsmen who simply want to hunt and fish and be left alone. But don’t be fooled. As evidenced by both its sources of funding and current leadership, BHA is nothing more than a big green activist organization pushing a radical environmentalist agenda.”

And that right there about sums up BHA.
Look at it from their (Y2Y's) point of view: their goals, once achieved, will be so much sweeter if they can convince the "outdoorsmen/women" to unwittingly finance the operation to end their recreational opportunities.
I would compare it to tricking the condemned into paying for the construction of the gallows, and then having them thank you for the opportunity to participate while they put the noose around their neck. Their grasp of the end game will come at the end of the rope.

Enjoy the decline.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-27-2018, 10:07 AM

People can’t even go pick huckle berries anymore like they have for the last 40 years due to road/trail closures. I can’t take my dad to our favourite sections of river we lived to fish because there is no way he can do the km’s Of hiking now required. I can’t take my family to blue lake anymore because they closed a well established, one way in/out trail with a designated parking area 1/2 km from the lake. My dog must now be leashed when hunting grouse, or can longer run free beside me fishing the rivers. I can no longer clear out dead/standing dead trees for firewood. Hunting/fishing areas in our back country are now only acceassable to those who are fit and able to walk the distances required. Older/younger people or people with disabilities can no longer go there.
BHA supported the Y2Y, NDP closures.
BHA supported the proposed fishing closures in central Alberta without looking at other possible ways to mitigate the problems.
To say the BHA have the best interests of the outdoorsmen in mind is a crock.
The NDP/Y2Y have affected everyone from my dog, my kids, to my grandparents.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Excuse Me??? Are you in the least friggin' bit serious??
I hope he is serious.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUK SOO KOW View Post
People can’t even go pick huckle berries anymore like they have for the last 40 years due to road/trail closures. I can’t take my dad to our favourite sections of river we lived to fish because there is no way he can do the km’s Of hiking now required. I can’t take my family to blue lake anymore because they closed a well established, one way in/out trail with a designated parking area 1/2 km from the lake. My dog must now be leashed when hunting grouse, or can longer run free beside me fishing the rivers. I can no longer clear out dead/standing dead trees for firewood. Hunting/fishing areas in our back country are now only acceassable to those who are fit and able to walk the distances required. Older/younger people or people with disabilities can no longer go there.
BHA supported the proposed fishing closures in central Alberta without looking at other possible ways to mitigate the problems.
And that's only the beginning.

ENOUGH.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
I hope he is serious.
Nice attitude.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Nice attitude.
Well some here are obviously too daft to see what is happening here. You are the perfect example. I know you would like to see the whole province turned into one giant park with parking lots and food trucks...

You’ll be happy as long as you have a place to toss your fishing pole in once or twice a year and you don’t mind tossing everyone else under the bus to achieve just that.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:39 PM

Again with the minimal information assumptions hey CD ?

51 yrs ago this fall I had a month long sheep camp setup at the the junction of Oyster and the Old Man and something similar became a fall ritual for almost 3 decades. I don't hunt anymore but I still get to backcountry fish 25-35 days per yr. You don't think I've noted some causes and effects of impacts in that time frame and the accelerated deterioration of the last 10-12 years? Sorry boy but I pulled my head outta my ass a long time ago.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Wait, I was supposed to be advocating FOR the closures? Crap, guess I missed that message.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...plan-1.4546810

Seriously though, might do you some good to lay off the conspiracy theories.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikePinkster View Post
Wait, I was supposed to be advocating FOR the closures? Crap, guess I missed that message.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...plan-1.4546810

Seriously though, might do you some good to lay off the conspiracy theories.
You think it will not still happen with this NDP government? They withheld it for now, but will eventually go forward with even more closures for hunting and fishing areas. Wait and see unless the dippers are gone next year which they should be...
Old 05-27-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Oh, and one other inconvenient truth for you:
ABHA has been working directly with AEP to remove the provision that says dogs must be on-leash in wildland parks, specifically as it relates to bird hunting. ABHA took a position on the matter and found a way to respectfully work with AEP to get it changed. Because that's how you constructively work with government.

I think it's impossible that any interest group will satisfy 100% of what a single person is interested in. But I think if you look objectively at it, groups like ABHA are advocating for things you would support more often than not. You happen to disagree with their stance on OHV use on public lands - and that's fine. But I find it really head scratching at the stories you are making up to discredit them because of that difference of opinion.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:

X2
Old 05-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Again with the minimal information assumptions hey CD ?

51 yrs ago this fall I had a month long sheep camp setup at the the junction of Oyster and the Old Man and something similar became a fall ritual for almost 3 decades. I don't hunt anymore but I still get to backcountry fish 25-35 days per yr. You don't think I've noted some causes and effects of impacts in that time frame and the accelerated deterioration of the last 10-12 years? Sorry boy but I pulled my head outta my ass a long time ago.
You should have pulled just a bit harder, you didn’t quite get it out.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:54 PM

ohh ouch
Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_BHA View Post

Not everyone has to agree with us. It's a free country and we all do what we think is best. We are doing what we think is best for Alberta's wildlife and Alberta's hunters and anglers.

With that said, I know there is a handfull of people on here who like to repeatedly spread lies and stir the pot. You hate us. And I'm not going to go round and round argueing with conspiracy theorists. Anyone else is free to PM me questions you may have, email us directly, join our facebook, or come to a Pint Night (Hank Shaw will be here for Pint Nights in Calgary and Edmonton in July, we also have a YYC Trout Fest in Calgary in June).

Good luck in the last bit of spring bear season
You don't sound condescending at all.

Then you wonder why people get pizzed off with you after you talk down to hunters and anglers that don't "fit" what you think is the only "pure" way of enjoying hunting or fishing.

And congratulations on getting your egos stroked by Shannon and her crew. We're all very impressed. Soon your group and the NPD will understand what it feels like to be a one trick pony. Sometime, no later, than next spring.

PS. If your're so tired of dealing with conspiracy theories and us uneducated redneck goofs, simple solution. Stop posting.