Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-12-2012, 02:47 PM

Default Drive to Lodge / Saskatchewan?

Does anyone out there have any good lodges that you can recommend that I can drive to? I was thinking of loading up the fishing gear for a road trip of stopping and fishing some spots with some lodge in N. Sask as the final destination and spending 5 days of monster Pike fishing there. Thinking of fall 2012 or early spring 2013.

Thanks for any info given.

Dodger.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:09 PM

There are way too many to mention, exactly what area are you planning on visiting?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun View Post
There are way too many to mention, exactly what area are you planning on visiting?
I did a search and as you mentioned there are a ton of them. I was hoping there was some recommendations from members who have stayed at a few. I am not looking for a specific place, just somewhere in N. Sask that I can drive to.

Dodger.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:55 PM

Stayed at Kane lake outfitters 300 km north of la ronge. 13 hour drve. Had a blast
Old 02-12-2012, 06:59 PM

13hr drive from were?
Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Stayed at Kane lake outfitters 300 km north of la ronge. 13 hour drve. Had a blast
I looked at there website and it seems interesting. One day with a guide and then you can head out by yourself. Thats what I like. Thanks flygirl !

Dodger.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:27 PM

Default davin lake wathaman outpost

i used to guide up at this lake it is about 3 hours north of la ronge. monster pike good lake trout and world class walley fishing. if i was ever back up in that area i would definitly swing in there and go fishing. also dechaumboldt lake which is by flin flon is also a great fishery.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydude View Post
13hr drive from were?
Rocky. Yes the first day they recommend a guide than your on your own if you want. You have two boats available one on Kane lake at the main camp than one after you go across the portage that gets you to Oliver lake. Jessie and Jamie were great. Excellent cabins and a fair price. Was thinking of going back this year.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 AM

The old man, the gf, and I hit Newmart Resort at Mirond Lake every second year. It's located by Flin Flon area, and is about 10hrs from edmonton so it can be done in one day.
It's mostly pike that we've found in the lake. Biggest we've caught was 32" I think but we're not all that spectacular of anglers so somebody could probably do better than us. I'm pretty sure Saskatchewan C&R record pike is out of Mirond at 55". Once and a while we'll catch walleye but we always seem to show up a week late than when it's prime.
I've wanted to make a slow trip up to the lake. Camp in Narrow Hills Prov. Park and fish for some tigers and slake and browns.
If you want some more info, pm me cause I've done some research on Narrow Hills and I've always used my gps on Mirond.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:38 PM

Default drive - in

You could look @ Tobin Lake Resort, its about a 9hr drive from Calgary. Lots of BIG walleye and pike! Vince owns the Resort and is pretty good to deal with, he will do everything he can to get you into fish. We have been going there for 4 years now and I would be happy to help, send me a pm if you want any info.

Cheers!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:15 PM

Default great drive to lake

I also have fished at Mirond lake with two different lodges.The lake is not overcrowded and it has great walleye and pike fishing.It is also very easy to navigate.Both Silence of the North and Newmart lodges are simple rustic cabins and are affordable.During the second week of August you can load up on blueberries on every shoreline you pull up to.If you go make sure you fish the "three fingers" for wallys,that part of the lake always produces a limit!Whatever you choose enjoy the great scenery and fishing that the Northern lakes provide.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:42 AM

Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions. I will look at the websites to get an idea on what I like best. I wanted to stay away from the bigger high profile lakes and keep it simple with the smaller lakes and lodges.
Thanks again !
Dodger.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:52 AM
Banned

There are excellent facilities at Duck Mountain Provincial Park, 19 kms east of Kamsack, which is about 2.5 hours east of Saskatoon. Cabins, condos and a motel on Madge Lake with giant pike, large walleyes and a good harbor. Golf course across the highway.
5 km from there is Little Jackfish Lake, loaded with perch (no gas engines) and 5 k from there is Batke Lake. Pike and walleye. Ten minutes east is the Manitoba border with excellent rainbows, splake and tigers to be had within a half hour or so. My favorite place in the world and not too busy in the off season.
Another favorite is Big River. I fish there in Delaronde Lake for big walleye and way too many pike. PM me for my "Lake X hot-spots" Plus there are thirty trout lakes in less than 1 hour drive.

Free