Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
My biggest problem is where would all this money go? To our wildlife or to to donate more tax money that gets wasted .
I am not in favor of increasing the tag prices. just in making sure that people actually purchase them if they are drawn. As is it is, people are drawing tags, then not purchasing them at all. If money is as tight as you claim, then you wouldn't apply, and commit that money, unless you intend to actually hunt if you are drawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikebreath View Post
Does he pay the property taxes where that deer happens to live? Does he lose income when that deer eats his hay bales, eats the crop or craps in the swath (deer droppings in the sample can cause significant down grading even to the point of rejection of the load) And for those who think otherwise, wildlife damage compensation from deer is very hard to collect!!!

My point is you can take this resident thing even further and consider the local who lives and works in the zone in question year round,,, and is then expected to allow equal access to a bunch of nameless / faceless strangers doing the Rambo thing through his fields and pastures to hunt the deer he has fed all year round with out any recompense whatsoever.

I have taken advantage of the landowner tag on three different occasions and killed one deer. If you think my 3 tags in 15 years to hunt mule deer on my own land is causing resident hunters significant hardship, then imagine the hardship done by the posting of my land to no hunting of whitetails, mules, moose, elk, geese, ducks. grouse, huns, coyotes, etc will cause the resident hunter!!!

It is all about respect,,, we as landowners cannot charge for hunting access yet we are expected to provide room and board for the "queen's game". The ability to take advantage of the odd landowner tag at least shows some respect from the "queen".
You can live in the wmu without being a farmer or rancher, and without being affected by the game, so simply having your legal address in a certain wmu. should not give you any priority in that wmu.