Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2018, 11:30 AM

Default Life insurance

I was wondering who the best life insurance providers may be? I have it now but it seems very expensive considering im young, non smoker non drinker etc.

Curious who everyone uses?
Old 05-23-2018, 03:39 PM

Sunlife advisor hooked me up with life insurance
Old 05-23-2018, 03:41 PM

See an insurance broker to shop around.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-23-2018, 06:36 PM

If you are a Costco Member, it's pretty hard to beat the price of their term life policies through Manulife. When you say life insurance, you are talking term right, not those other evil products that rip you off, like Whole or Universal Life....?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 05-23-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
If you are a Costco Member, it's pretty hard to beat the price of their term life policies through Manulife. When you say life insurance, you are talking term right, not those other evil products that rip you off, like Whole or Universal Life....

Yes term life is what I am looking at. I will check out costco to!
Old 05-23-2018, 06:46 PM

Whats wrong with whole or universal life?
Old 05-24-2018, 08:57 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Unhappy

Don't forget....you only die once so don't be that guy who has life insurance on all big purchases etc....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-31-2018, 06:06 AM

Default insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
I was wondering who the best life insurance providers may be? I have it now but it seems very expensive considering im young, non smoker non drinker etc.

Curious who everyone uses?
PM Mike.W he is an insurance broker. He puts together group plans for companies and can answer any life questions.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:34 AM

I looked into the "investment" life insurance. After doing the math it made more sense to go for a 10 year term for me. I do my investing separate and have a decent ROI on that.

I find it funny talking to guys at work who are content with our work life ins policy. I think it pays out 75k. How long is that going to last a family that is used to 150k/year after paying for funeral expenses.

Also, mortgage/loan insurance. I'm no adviser but for me it worked out way better to increase my coverage on my term policy than it would be to have insurance on a mortgage and the wifes suv. Those rates don't drop no matter how much you pay off??
Old 05-31-2018, 12:19 PM
Banned

Life insurance...what a scam!

I can't even just die in peace around here.

How does life insurance work in Syria and North Korea?
Old 05-31-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I looked into the "investment" life insurance. After doing the math it made more sense to go for a 10 year term for me. I do my investing separate and have a decent ROI on that.

I find it funny talking to guys at work who are content with our work life ins policy. I think it pays out 75k. How long is that going to last a family that is used to 150k/year after paying for funeral expenses.

Also, mortgage/loan insurance. I'm no adviser but for me it worked out way better to increase my coverage on my term policy than it would be to have insurance on a mortgage and the wifes suv. Those rates don't drop no matter how much you pay off??
Good point on mortgage and loan insurance! Premiums are usually high, and they don't go down even as you are paying off the mortgage/loan! How does that work?? The amount of my protection/coverage decreases monthly, but my premium stays the same? Good deal, I'll take two policies!

Yup, get enough term insurance to cover those payments as well, much cheaper, and your payout remains constant with the premium.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone