Old 04-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
The pumpkin lady lol.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Playoff hockey is a whole different mindset than regular season play...hope they can overcome it but I wouldn't bet money they will.
Looks like they will be just fine..

They DOMINATED the Sharks tonight

Momentum Oilers
Old 04-15-2017, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post

Momentum Oilers
They sure did..... in every aspect. Never seen the oil so physical. And kass played like a beast. He was in a zone that nobody else could reach.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
They sure did..... in every aspect. Never seen the oil so physical. And kass played like a beast. He was in a zone that nobody else could reach.
He was amazing. Just read he only had 14:07 of ice time, even though it seemed like he was on the ice the whole game. I can't recall a more physical game by the Oilers.

BW
Old 04-15-2017, 09:28 AM

It was a good night to be an Oilers fan. You wonder how much wind being physically destroyed like the sharks were, takes the wind out of their sails. It must have an effect. I am feeling good about our chances in this series.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:

Momentum Oilers
By that same reasoning though, will the Sharks will be just fine because they dominated the Oils in Game 1? Not saying they won't be, just seems like odd logic...
Old 04-15-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
By that same reasoning though, will the Sharks will be just fine because they dominated the Oils in Game 1? Not saying they won't be, just seems like odd logic...
Did the Sharks actually dominate in game one?
I know there was a real lopsided shots on goal stat, but didn't they win by only one goal?
As I have stated before, I know very little about hockey except what transposes over from Lacrosse and I did not watch the first game.Edit note: I did watch most of last night''s game and thoroughly enjoyed it, not because the Oilers won however, because i thought it was a pretty good game.

Cat
Old 04-15-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
The Oilers played maybe the worst 2 periods of hockey they played all year. Sharks still needed OT to win. I'd say the Oil are confident they're going to win the series.... Flames are hoping to win one in Anaheim.

Would love to watch a BOA though!
Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Got that right, should maybe do a **** test, lol. After watching the Habs, NYR game this game was a snooze fest
Old 04-15-2017, 10:27 AM

This is funny.
posts from 2 days ago said they were useless and done.....now their going to win the series....
I suggest waiting till the series is done before you predict the outcome
Play offs boys and girls.... when was the last time they played down as predicted?
The only certainty about the play offs is the Caps won't make it past the first round
Old 04-15-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
This is funny.
posts from 2 days ago said they were useless and done.....now their going to win the series....
Play offs boys and girls.... when was the last time they played down as predicted?
The only certainty about the play offs is the Caps won't make it past the first round
Say's the leafs fan lol.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:39 AM

The oilers took a page from the sharks book from periods 2 and 3 of game 1. Short shifts = fresh legs. Was a great game to watch. The momentum was phenomenal. The oilers need to stop taking so many unnecessary penalties though.

Keep out of the penalty box and keep the shifts short and the sky is the limit with these guys!

Now I look around and wonder if I like them!
Old 04-15-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmax05 View Post
Say's the leafs fan lol.
The Caps are playing the leafs? Oh....didn't realize that. Then they have a slight chance of going to round 2. I wouldn't bet on them though
Old 04-15-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog Edm View Post
The oilers took a page from the sharks book from periods 2 and 3 of game 1. Short shifts = fresh legs. Was a great game to watch. The momentum was phenomenal. The oilers need to stop taking so many unnecessary penalties though.

Keep out of the penalty box and keep the shifts short and the sky is the limit with these guys!
Some of those calls were extremely weak in both games and I believe decided the out come in game one. A very weak call gave the Sharks the power play to get on the board in game one. They looked completely deflated before that call.

This is play off hockey, let the boys play. The only time an arm should go up is for an icing, an off side or an ambulance.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Some of those calls were extremely weak in both games and I believe decided the out come in game one. A very weak call gave the Sharks the power play to get on the board in game one. They looked completely deflated before that call.

This is play off hockey, let the boys play. The only time an arm should go up is for an icing, an off side or an ambulance.
As an Oil fan I'd disagree with you. They're playing loose and if they keep taking sloppy penalties they're going to hand the series to the Sharks. The game last night was a prime example of how you have to earn a penalty in the playoffs. If it was November they'd have had 14.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
This is funny.
Re-read that last part out loud

The funny thing is if you wait till the series is over before you make a prediction, it becomes an observation instead of a prediction

The only ones saying they were "useless and done" were the haters and flames fans, which is to be expected, all in good fun. Any real hockey fan knew they would be MUCH better in game 2.

I openly picked the Oilers to win this series, and still believed it after a horrendous game one.

Wounder if the Sharks will keep their heads up next game with the K-Train steamrolling anything that moves? WOOT WOOT
Old 04-15-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Completely agree.

Someone on Sportsnet did opening night penalty stats, it was completely lopsided in favour of Canadian teams. Hmmmm, weird. Most of the Oilers penaltys were dumb and well deserved, but some were just BRUTAL. Put the whistles away, it's playoffs. Just call the blatant stuff and let the boys play.
This is not the time of year for the refs to be deciding outcomes.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:02 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's spooky ... at any angle wow ... keep him secure .....is he really lose in public .... no violins please .... lol
Old 04-15-2017, 05:11 PM

Actually they keep him caged up and only let him out for games. Must have fed him some extra rare meat before last night's tilt.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Actually they keep him caged up and only let him out for games. Must have fed him some extra rare meat before last night's tilt.
I'm not sure how many blue lines he see's at once , but wow ... just looking at the pic gives me a crossed eyed headache... really ..try Oliers
Old 04-15-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Re-read that last part out loud

The funny thing is if you wait till the series is over before you make a prediction, it becomes an observation instead of a prediction

The only ones saying they were "useless and done" were the haters and flames fans, which is to be expected, all in good fun. Any real hockey fan knew they would be MUCH better in game 2.

I openly picked the Oilers to win this series, and still believed it after a horrendous game one.

Wounder if the Sharks will keep their heads up next game with the K-Train steamrolling anything that moves? WOOT WOOT
Guess you don't understand sarcasm when you read it.
Oiler fans aren't critical of the oilers? Ha... their probably some of the most critical fans in the league.
And openly picking the oilers to win the series is no real revelation. I believe they finished ahead of the sharks no??
This series is far from over... so lets see what oiler team shows up tomorrow night.
I'm hoping the same one as last night .

Last edited by Mountain Guy; 04-15-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
As an Oil fan I'd disagree with you. They're playing loose and if they keep taking sloppy penalties they're going to hand the series to the Sharks. The game last night was a prime example of how you have to earn a penalty in the playoffs. If it was November they'd have had 14.
The same two referees from game one, Tim Peel and Eric Furlatt, are completely ruining the Leafs/Capitals game tonight. Nobody has even a clue what they can or cant do. These two should be benched for the rest of the playoffs.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

X2
Old 04-15-2017, 06:28 PM

The fact Dillon got right up after Kassian dummied him was impressive in its own regard. That was one of the biggest hits I saw all year. Wow.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
The fact Dillon got right up after Kassian dummied him was impressive in its own regard. That was one of the biggest hits I saw all year. Wow.
And right in front of the ref. Massive hit. Good on Dillon for not diving and jumping right up and getting back in the play. Couture on the other end was wondering where he was by the end of the game.

Check out The Mercury News in San Jose. They're talking about dressing their tough guy for fame three. A heavy weight to deal with the Oilers physicality. Bring it on SJS the Oil have the toughness the skill and the youth to take it in 6.

For the prediction guys. Oilers win game three loose game four win game 5 and six!

BW
Old 04-15-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
And right in front of the ref. Massive hit. Good on Dillon for not diving and jumping right up and getting back in the play. Couture on the other end was wondering where he was by the end of the game.

Check out The Mercury News in San Jose. They're talking about dressing their tough guy for fame three. A heavy weight to deal with the Oilers physicality. Bring it on SJS the Oil have the toughness the skill and the youth to take it in 6.

For the prediction guys. Oilers win game three loose game four win game 5 and six!

BW
Yup dressing one guy to get physical is laughable when there is half a dozen oilers throwing their weight around and ready to back it up. Put your goon out there sharks..... one less skilled shark on the ice to worry about.

Last edited by Talking moose; 04-15-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeahy View Post
X2
+ 403 ... let the player's sort it out .
Old 04-15-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
that's spooky ... at any angle wow ... keep him secure .....is he really lose in public .... no violins please .... lol
No big deal. Just a DUI while out on his own loose in public
Old 04-15-2017, 10:20 PM

Luv my Flames but one of the most frustrating teams to watch .