Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Banned

Default Official 2010/2011 NHL thread

Ok, it's been a while.. Lets talk some hockey!!!

Oil still suck. Think they will tank 2 years in a row to get another draft pick?
Chicago is yesterdays news.
Flames seem to have lost their minds. What the heck did they bring back Olli for? And now they are thinking of getting rid of Regehr. PUKE!!!!!!!!

Just got my 1/4 share of Flames tickets this year and I must tell you that I didn't want to pick any games in the last month. I was thinking they would be well out of a playoff spot by then and I couldn't give them away.
But lets see what happens, Sutter will be gone by X-mas if he is wrong. And I cant disagree with that way of thinking. He has to be on a very short leash and I cant see these moves being of any help to him.
I am very disappointed in them so far. But I will be there watching and wearing Red. Some good games in my package, Oilers, Vancouver Avs x2 (including the new years eve game), Yotes, Wild, Sabers, Preds, Kings, Hawks and the big bad BRUINS!!!!
Kipper will be a God again this year because he has to be. Man I love seeing him play.

Vancouver.. HMMMM perhaps no more captain between the pipes? I wonder if it is time for the other Sedin Sister to win a MVP.

Let the fun begin.

Jamie
Old 09-11-2010, 11:46 PM

Go FLYERS
Old 09-11-2010, 11:53 PM

Ahhhhh...let the trash talking begin,lol

First off calgary sucks... I beleive the oilers will do a little better this year, just enough to be better than calgary. Which in alberta is all that matters,lol
Old 09-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
Ahhhhh...let the trash talking begin,lol

First off calgary sucks... I beleive the oilers will do a little better this year, just enough to be better than calgary. Which in alberta is all that matters,lol
Shmag, for as much as I am down on my Flames.. You must be Drunk to think they will finish behind the Oil this year....

Jamie
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 AM

Ahhhh. It feels good to return from an entire year of self imposed exile!

Jamie, your Shames should be better this year, and would wager that they'll make the playoffs.

My Oil will be better if the injury bug finally decides to find another home. Kindda hoping for another missed berth and high draft pick and go the Pens/Hawks route for a run in the next couple of years.

Watch for LA this year.......
Old 09-12-2010, 12:25 AM

I think I'd be happy if the Oilers come in around 25th this year. A little better then last year and still in the lottery for a good draft pick.
I don't think the flamers will do well this year, even they said jokeinen was a cancer in that dressing room and they brought him back anyways!
Aside from the Oilers I wouldn't mind seeing the Aves do something this year.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Shmag, for as much as I am down on my Flames.. You must be Drunk to think they will finish behind the Oil this year....

Jamie
lmao...yep...Crown Royal is a wonderful drink
Old 09-12-2010, 06:05 AM

Calgary has set the bar for worst off season moves ever. And that includes keeping Sutter! Also heard of the Regher rumors. That is just stupid.

Edmonton....c'mon, they are all going to stand around and watch with us and let their savior Hall try and do everything himself. Even put extra pressure by giving him #4 to wear.

Chicago...where did everyone go? No loyalty to a team anymore. They couldn't afford to keep their winning team together so they traded in for a little cheaper model.

Vancouver... I am afraid to say they are gonna go a long way this year.

Toronto...Gonna be the surprise underdog.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:39 PM

I Predict 10th for the Oil 9th for the Lames Toronto 29th and gives Boston another great draft pick. Vancouver will be like the Sharks great regular season..playoff choke !! I will say it here that Eberle wins the Rookie of the Year, Jay Feester will be running the Flames by the All-Star game and both Sutters will be farming...
Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM

Watching this upcoming season unfold will be interesting to say the least.

It would be an improvement to see consistently good hockey from each club and notable team development as the season progresses. The drama seems to be effecting what happens on the ice more often than in previous seasons since the New NHL and NHL Lockout. Perhaps it's what hockey needed to improve marketability, but the old style game itself has suffered.

I hope the Sutter boys will share the hootch, because I think we are all in the dark when the topic of their strategy comes up for debate.

Here's to another season!

GO FLAMES GO
Old 09-12-2010, 04:03 PM

Vancouver didn't choke last year they were the last Canadian team in the playoffs and ended up losing to Chicago the team that won the Stanley cup. Well Chicago lost its team and Van managed to keep theirs pretty much together and has last seasons two top scorers and one hell of a goaltender locked down so I wouldn't be surprised if this is there year.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:42 PM

You might be right about the Canucks they picked up a couple of good D and have some good players in the back field---Leaky Lou can be brutal at times especially when games really count.Don't sell the Oil's short they are up and coming and Tom is a good hockey man.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:23 PM

Go Avs go!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:17 PM

[QUOTE=fluxcore;678966]Vancouver didn't choke last year they were the last Canadian team in the playoffs and ended up losing to ChicagoQUOTE]

Vancouver choked big time,Luango cant handle the playoff pressure,he is a siv in the playoffs & FYI the Montreal canadians were the last canadian team in the playoffs,they made it to Round three& were knocked out after vancouver was.

24 cups and counting boys!!!

And the Flames always choke,besides Toronto I hate calgary the second most,bunch of yuppy fans always on and off the bandwagon depending on how well the team is doing in the standings.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:59 PM

I think the Habs have as much chance of winning the cup this year as WhitetailJunkie has of killing a 180 gross whitetail
Old 09-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Gone Hunting

[QUOTE=BrownBear416;679085]I think the Habs have as much chance of winning the cup this year as WhitetailJunkie has of killing a 180 gross whitetail [/QUOTEZING!!!!..didn't take long for the first shot, and from a Mod no less!!!...LOL...thinking the Flames are heading a different direction than my Oilers, but we''l see TR is very good with the younger guys...might be okay?...just sayin'
H.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:10 PM

^^^^Just have my money ready for the end of the season
Old 09-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
I will say it here that Eberle wins the Rookie of the Year
I would love to see it happen as he is a great kid but I think the early season front runner has got to be one Mr. PK Suban!

Things look like they will be back to the norm in the west for our Alberta boy's! Calgary will make the playoffs and lose out early and Edmonton will fall just short again. Edmonton will make some strides in the next couple years though as they mature!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:20 PM

I've been a loyal Flames fan since they moved up from Atlanta, back in the days when Lanny was leading the team....but man oh man it has been a painful stretch of choking. For Olli to be back for two years and both Sutters still employed.....oy vey. I'm not getting my hopes up about this season. Kipper has been fabulous for a long time, and always gives them a chance to win, but he's gotta be getting tired of the same old same old. Don't want to talk about them, let's just see what happens.

Chicago sold their cup team to get under the cap, what can you do? They are going to notice the loss in their depth chart.

Oilers are going to get a 200 pt season out of Hall and win the cup in 16 games! Not. More likely, they'll wreck another really talented young kid.

Canucks ought to do well this year, even if the Sedins are the creepiest two guys in the NHL.

Toronto.....bwahahahahahahahahahha!

Montreal? Hmmmm, they really did well in the playoffs, if they can only get Price to play up to his ability without all the crushing Hab Fan Expectations.

And on the happier note, my son just finished his tryouts an hour ago for his second year PeeWee, pretty confident he'll make top 3 forwards from evaluation and be on the AA team this year. Rumor has it that he was the fastest skater in time trials in all three different drills. PeeWee, now that's real fun hockey to watch!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
I think the Habs have as much chance of winning the cup this year as WhitetailJunkie has of killing a 180 gross whitetail
Best post so far lol
Old 09-12-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post
Best post so far lol
Disgusting that a moderator would act in such a fashion!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:51 PM

And what the heck would some cousin-kisser in Mobile, Alabama know about hockey?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:57 PM

Brownbear, with the proper medication available nowadays, you can get your brain straightened out and see the error of your ways son!

Habs will be fine, Flames, well lets just say there are brothels in Nevada that see less rubber than the net behind Flipper!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 PM

With a great defensive core this year, Lou can play average and the Canucks should be fighting the Avs for the top spot in the northwest and maybe the whole Western Conference. Hope they stay healthy.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Disgusting that a moderator would act in such a fashion!
Hey im allowed 3 personal jabs a day on any given thread..

There is number 1 against ty for the evening..

I always have to save the other 2 incase AbertaDiver or Ken get out of hand..
Old 09-12-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I always have to save the other 2 incase AbertaDiver or Ken get out of hand..
You'd think that after 10's of thousands of 'Hail Mary's' they'd have learned by now..........
Old 09-13-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
And what the heck would some cousin-kisser in Mobile, Alabama know about hockey?

Y'all would be surprised how much us folk know about ice hockey!! Third cousins don't count!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:38 AM

Go flames GO ,tho have made some head shaking deals,what did thay get 4 dion?and slipper soft worries me ,we need a back up,this team needs a over all,look at the oilers thay r going to b a team .
Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM

Well, I think my Pens will do just ok, they should make the playoffs but they won't make it very far.

The Flames ( who I cheer for as well ) are gonna be a another epic failure. Until someone shoots sutter (s) or they get him proper medication , i see nothing good in the future. If your gonna bomb do it like edmonton did it and grab a franchise player. Finishing 17th is way worse than finishing 25th - 30th, but then again I'm not sure the our dismal scouting staff have enough the brain power to even pick the right person, if they had the oppoturnity.

Could imagine what the Flames would look like if Kipper had an average year
Scary to think about

Edmonton will be fun to watch, but wont do much better than calgary, which is a smart stratigic move.

If washington ever grabbed a half decent goalie, they would be cup contenders every year.

Habs will suck

T.O i have to say might sneak into the playoffs

and Van, who really cares
Old 09-13-2010, 02:21 PM

Remember the day when the Northwest Division used to be seen as the toughest around? Doubt anyone gets nervous about a roadtrip through it now... ok, maybe they get up for Vancouver a bit, but......

I think the Flames will finish higher than the Oilers, but expectations are low and hopes high in Edmonton. People will be OK with an "almost in the playoffs" year if the kids look good and they can get rid of the last remnants of the old guard. It's going to be ugly in Calgary. Folks not in a good mood, not hopeful. Most think recent moves are idiotic. They better finish at least second in the Northwest and go two good rounds (like to game 7 in second) in playoffs or fans are going to be calling for heads to roll. Some might even start whispering the unthinkable... "Wonder what sort of draft picks we could get for Iggy?"

That's my take anyway.

Tags
ducks