Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Alberta non-resident hunting

I'm probably stiring things up here but I've seen a couple of threads talking about non-residents coming to hunt in Alberta. Alberta seems to open the floddgates up to non-resident hunters. They can come hunt here for everything except goat and can apply for our draws. The problem I have is I can not do the same in there province. In Saskatchwan I can not hunt for Mule deer, Moose, or Elk. B.C. is off limits for sheep and grizzly. I can also forget about the Yukon and NWT unless I'm a resident for 2 years! I would like to see more opportunities for Albertans in other provinces or we become more restricted in the opportunities we offer here. I'm wondering what some of you folks think about this. Maybe I'm just venting because of the costs I need to spend to go to the Yukon and B.C. for sheep and caribou and the fact realestate costs here is insane. I've seen the monster mulies coming out of Saskatchewan and would love to enter there draw for the opportunty. How long do you even have to live in Alberta to be considered a resident hunter?