Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-06-2012, 07:51 AM

Default Weight Loss

My wife, my daughter and myself have been on a very strict weight loss program since the beginning of August. I started at 269lbs and this morning I'm 231. All together we have lost a total of 95 lbs and we feel amazing!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thredneck View Post
My wife, my daughter and myself have been on a very strict weight loss program since the beginning of August. I started at 269lbs and this morning I'm 231. All together we have lost a total of 95 lbs and we feel amazing!
What is your secret I have to dump about 30 lb. Hurt my back 1 1/2 yrs ago I don't get much exercise/
Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 AM

Awesome job. Keep it up. Way to work together!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 AM

No secret... Diet and exercise!! Eat a balanced healthy diet and burn calories. Lots of free programs available from registered dietitians and certified fitness consultants to point you on the right direction. Simply put, burn more calories then you take in ( but not that simple)!!

Unfortunately unlike what all the infomercials tell you there is no magic cure!!

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
What is your secret I have to dump about 30 lb. Hurt my back 1 1/2 yrs ago I don't get much exercise/
Old 09-06-2012, 08:03 AM

A pound a day? Yikes thats fast. Good for you in sticking to it.
kidd
Old 09-06-2012, 08:13 AM

After a summer of barbecuing and beer, I managed to gain four pounds.

I was pretty bummed about having to take them off - again - but I will. Plus another 30...

Not easy, but so worth it! I had an illness for a couple of years that helped put it on, and my eating habits were crappy. So far, I've lost 40, and if I lose the 30 I want to, I'll be as light as I was when I was 14. Which may prove to be unsustainable, or not look how I want it to, but I can adjust it as I get closer.

Going back to 1,200 calories a day sort of bites though!

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Congrats! How are you doing it? Sauerkraut diet?
Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 AM

Hcg???
Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
Hcg???
What's that?

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Congrats! Pretty fast loss. I have been a bit more gradual, taken off 28 lbs since May long weekend, about 2 lbs a week or so. 7 more to go, and I'm back at the weight I was when I played high school football 28 yrs ago! Feels good to shed the extra flab, especially when out walking around with a pack and bow/rifle.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 AM

Congrats. I have been shedding as well. Want to lose 60 lbs by March 16. 45 more to go. Lots of walking and watching what I eat and I will do it. Been at it since August 1. Slow and steady here.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 AM
AvayaAce

Wow! Congrats on the decision to get healthier and feel better. That's a pretty aggressive weight loss for a short period of time, although the first month or weeks eating better tends to loose a ton of fluids. I try to loose no more than 1-2 lbs a week when I am training. The goal is to change the way you view food and make the changes for life....not just short term. Thats why you see people loose a bunch of weight and then the first time they deviate from the plan, they gain a bunch back. The body is such a adaptable thing and eating less and starving yourself wil put the body into a shock and you will actually burn less...go figure!
Even exercising, if you do the same routines over and over, your body will adapt and know what's coming making it less effective.

Eat lots of small meals throughout the day, have equal amounts of protein at every meal, and get out and get some excersise. Again, great job on the commitement and nest of luck as you work towards your goal,
Old 09-06-2012, 09:07 AM

Hey, we should have an AO weight loss club, or something.

Congrats everyone, and good work!

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM

I have been eating primal for a few months now and I have never felt better. My moods have evened out, no more cravings, no more binge eating..works for me but it may not be for everyone.

check out http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welco...#axzz25hglAEoi

the weight loss hasn't been monumental for me after going primal...but admittedly my activity level has fallen as well as I cheat every so often...but my energy levels are through the roof, my allergies were almost non existent this summer, I slept better, i was happier, i felt stronger....it works for me....your results may vary...
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM

Congrats everybody! those are some good figures!

and 13lbs over two weeks on my quadding/hunting diet LoL spend all day in the bush walking or sitting still or ride all day with a helmet on and you can't really put food in your mouth Lol

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 AM

Good stuff, everyone! That's very inspiring.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:14 AM

I hear Keith Richards has a good diet, the Keith Richards rock star diet.
A deep breath for breakfast, another big deep breath for lunch, and a sensible marlboro cigarette for supper! Lol! Good job losing the weight! Losing is the easy part! It's keeping it off I have trouble with! I lost 52 pounds in 2008, and I got lazy, gained it all back in no time! So make sure you maintain your lifestyle!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
Hcg???
HCG is a hormone and I would never take any hormones. We did take appetite suppressants and a lot of supplements, and only 500 calories a day for 30 days. Minimum 4 liters of water a day.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:33 AM

Start up and AO Biggest Loser contest. I'm sure we have a few here. LOL.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
HCG is a hormone and I would never take any hormones. We did take appetite suppressants and a lot of supplements, and only 500 calories a day for 30 days. Minimum 4 liters of water a day.
Good God! I get 500 calories from brushing my teeth, I'm sure.
Now that we are moved I'm hoping to exercise more and re-set up the treadmill for winter.
I quit a 17 year smoking habit, I should be able to lose all this extra weight.
I hope. Finally reaching the personal point I hit with smoking when I quit, with my current weight. Hope it and what little willpower I have will be enough. Time will tell.
Plan B. Stroke out on the treadmill and give my palbearers hernias. Going to name everyone a pallbeares that owes me money. "I want to be buried on that tall hill, right at the top".
Old 09-06-2012, 11:09 AM

Everyone! Please becareful!! Don't lose too much too fast!! And please consult a Registered Dietition (not a "nutritionist - loose term with no certification, i.e., anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist"). Slower the better (1 - 2 lbs a week at the most to avoid rebound and gaining more back - body goes into starvation mode (catabolism) and starts to use muscle as primary energy source - so yes you lose a lot of weight, but then the body will start to store calories as fat as a protective measure incase you go into starvation mode again (rebound or yo yo effect). VERY unhealthy!!

Remember "DIET" is a 4 letter word!! Lifestyle change is what you seek!!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:11 AM
AvayaAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin455 View Post
Good God! I get 500 calories from brushing my teeth, I'm sure.
Now that we are moved I'm hoping to exercise more and re-set up the treadmill for winter.
I quit a 17 year smoking habit, I should be able to lose all this extra weight.
I hope. Finally reaching the personal point I hit with smoking when I quit, with my current weight. Hope it and what little willpower I have will be enough. Time will tell.
Plan B. Stroke out on the treadmill and give my palbearers hernias. Going to name everyone a pallbeares that owes me money. "I want to be buried on that tall hill, right at the top".
Stay Strong......4 1/2+ years of stopping smoking, weight down from 257 to a low of 214 pre-summer (beer and too much golf) i try and workout 6 days a week and am just getting back at it from the summer what the hell days

positive small results and by the way...500 calories a day is starvation....maybe 2000 calories a day depending on size....
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 AM

Yes, 500 for that long is too low.

And certainly, for a child that isn't well-advised.

Methodology is really important. What you want to do is develop sustainable habits that you can live by.

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 AM

A classic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 AM

Yes! Men can go as low as 1400 (varies depending on what you read) and about 1700 for women (also depends on numerous factors). Now add "activity" to the mix and caloric intake will need to be adjusted... That is why it's improtant to seek professional advice from a certified professional (can get referral from family physician, as well as they are [usually] NOT the best source for nutritional info, which is why I recommend getting referral to see an RD) because everyone has a different metabolism, etc., and their caloric needs won't be the same). One size does not fit all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvayaAce View Post
Stay Strong......4 1/2+ years of stopping smoking, weight down from 257 to a low of 214 pre-summer (beer and too much golf) i try and workout 6 days a week and am just getting back at it from the summer what the hell days

positive small results and by the way...500 calories a day is starvation....maybe 2000 calories a day depending on size....
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Banned

Losing weight is always a good thing to do but it's a life changing event if you're going to get serious about it.

A friend in Nova Scotia was up to 550 pounds a few years ago, she has since lost over 300 pounds by changing her diet and walking every day. Not just walking, she was going for 2 hours a day. Not too shabby for a 50+ year old woman.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Like said, HCG is a horomone that is found in a womens placenta during pregnancy. Many bodybuilders and steroid users use HCG as a part of the PCT (Post cycle therapy) to try and get their body back to a "natural" state. Not going to go into full details about the affects of HCG on the male body as we are on a public forum.

To help with weight loss, Testosterone boosters, fat burners and protein powders are some of the better supplements on the market to help. After 25 your test levels drop and so does your metabolism. The increase of test into a males body with help speed up their metabolisms again. Also 5 or 6 small meals a day will help to speed up a persons metabolism.

Cardio is another very important part to help in aid in weightloss. I went from 275, down to 190 now I'm back up to 215 lean. It's all hard work, but I work in a supplement shop and create diets and workouts so got some help. For me currently I'm hovering around 2500 calories a day minimum to help cut weight to stay lean for summer. For bulking I'll be going up incredibly from then. It becomes a lifestyle very easily. If anyone needs help or have any questions fire me a PM.

Congrats to you and your family on the great work!
Brett
Old 09-06-2012, 11:52 AM
AvayaAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_magic_stick View Post
Like said, HCG is a horomone that is found in a womens placenta during pregnancy. Many bodybuilders and steroid users use HCG as a part of the PCT (Post cycle therapy) to try and get their body back to a "natural" state. Not going to go into full details about the affects of HCG on the male body as we are on a public forum.

To help with weight loss, Testosterone boosters, fat burners and protein powders are some of the better supplements on the market to help. After 25 your test levels drop and so does your metabolism. The increase of test into a males body with help speed up their metabolisms again. Also 5 or 6 small meals a day will help to speed up a persons metabolism.

Cardio is another very important part to help in aid in weightloss. I went from 275, down to 190 now I'm back up to 215 lean. It's all hard work, but I work in a supplement shop and create diets and workouts so got some help. For me currently I'm hovering around 2500 calories a day minimum to help cut weight to stay lean for summer. For bulking I'll be going up incredibly from then. It becomes a lifestyle very easily. If anyone needs help or have any questions fire me a PM.

Congrats to you and your family on the great work!
Brett
Where do you train Brett? and work? a supplements AO buddy would be gr8
Old 09-06-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvayaAce View Post
Where do you train Brett? and work? a supplements AO buddy would be gr8
Train at Goodlife in Mckenzie Towne, and work at the Naturally fit in Mckenzie Towne (right across the street from good life).
Old 09-06-2012, 03:12 PM
AvayaAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_magic_stick View Post
Train at Goodlife in Mckenzie Towne, and work at the Naturally fit in Mckenzie Towne (right across the street from good life).
I workout at Westside and get my supplements from Popeyes. About the only thing I get there is Glutamine and Superpump. I buy my protein at Costco.....$39.00 for a 5 lb tub..it seems okay.