Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-11-2011, 05:38 PM

Default spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0liver View Post
decided last minute to hit up whitemud creekmouth again at dark instead of goldbar, met someone from this forum there,(zeebek i think was his handle?) ended up getting skunked but my m8 got spooled by something way out in the current, was moving upstream for a bit then decided to leave for japan or something cuz it just took a sharp 180 and took off down stream... never seen line move that fast...
Dollars to donuts it was a sturgeon ............ nothing you can do on light tackle if they decide to take off.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:04 PM

I only caught one goldeye under the bridge because there were too many people at the creekmouth with pickeral rigs sittin so it would of been tough for me too even fish. i thought that i would surely have better luck with the light of the queen lighting up the water like it was and as late as it was. Whatever it was you hooked onto must of been huge. See ya again maybe.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
That location you need to have permission from that club. I checked out that area few days ago. The whitemud creek and the nsr is hit and miss.

uhmm, im pretty sure there is parking that is open to the public... not right at the horse place that is private but a bit closer to the campbell bridge over the creek [big stone arches] there is a little campsite with BBQ's and there is public parking, idk if there is a time limit but it is most definitely public parking.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0liver View Post
uhmm, im pretty sure there is parking that is open to the public... not right at the horse place that is private but a bit closer to the campbell bridge over the creek [big stone arches] there is a little campsite with BBQ's and there is public parking, idk if there is a time limit but it is most definitely public parking.
Yes I know the other spot but you can access it but they have the river boat up near the mouth of the creek and the nsr on the shore there.

Tags
edmonton, fishing, north saskatchewan river