Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Banned

Default ft. sask trout pond update

just talked to ft.sask engineering dept. they were very helpfull and are quite proud of there new park (WEST RIVERS EDGE)
the pond is 22 feet deep
it is being aeraeted temp. right now and will have a permenant system installed this year
people have caught bows this spring so they did over-winter
i plan on checking it out this weekend. never been there so don't have directions. i'll also check out the nsr which is quite close.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM

Thumbs up Thx.....

Thx for going the extra mile to help others.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:53 PM

So it's open for fishing? If you could post some directions that would be great. Thanks for the update!!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:48 PM

Right on! Lets hope it grows some big fish.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 PM

Very interesting to hear that it's going to be aerated

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 04-26-2012, 09:22 PM

where is that pond
Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
Banned

More fish filled water = more fishing opportunities!!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM

Come in on Hwy 21 Take a Left at the lights on the highway at the Husky coming into town , Get into your right lane . Then you will come to a T intersection , Turn right and you will go thru a park make sure you do 30 thru there because the RCMP and ByLAw love catching speeders in there , I think everything I go to that intersection somesones pulled over . Anyway Go thru the park until you come to a sign that shows a Boat launch sign , Turn right , then follow the road down .

I in fact encourage all the weekend warriors to go there who would usually fish the river , far better chance at catching a keeper fish , and great for families , no hookers , or druggies , or bratty kids with pellet guns .

Ill further take it one more step and give you a google map

But you cant come bug us down at the river , Deal . DEAL .

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=AB-...p=5&sz=17&z=17

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 04-27-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 AM

To add more info: that is roughly 7.5m for us living in Canada

Last summer 1000 20cm trout were thrown in. Likely the same this year before the end of May.

Straight from F&W.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:23 AM

Is it ice free yet? I need somewhere to to test out my new modified inflatable boat. Thanks for the directions BBJ.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypower View Post
Is it ice free yet? I need somewhere to to test out my new modified inflatable boat. Thanks for the directions BBJ.
I haven't been down there, but it should be...All the ponds at Hermitage have been ice free for at least a week

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 AM

So it open to fishing right i might head down there one of these days if it is and try and luck and are u aloud boats on with electric motors ?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:53 AM

I drove down by the pond yesterday and all the ice was off!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 PM

so could some one please tell me one ist here fish 2 are u aloud a boat and 3 if u are aloud a boat are u aloud any type of engine ?
i would be very great full if some 1 replied
Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 PM

Its been Ice free for 3 or so weeks . as for a boat maybe a dingy but its not a very big body of water I could quite easily cast across it if I wanted to .
Old 04-27-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Its been Ice free for 3 or so weeks . as for a boat maybe a dingy but its not a very big body of water I could quite easily cast across it if I wanted to .
Well that depends on which way you're casting
Old 04-27-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickote316 View Post
Well that depends on which way you're casting
I dont know LOL but I can cast 200 feet without much effort . Only reason I know is because of my line counter .
Old 04-27-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Nope, John your information is wrong. I was with Paul when he took the following picture 12 days ago on April 15 and it was still covered in ice and had a ways to go from being open water then. That is a long ways from 3 weeks. I would say the ice has been off for about a week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fort%20Sask%20Trout%20Pond%20Apr%2015,%2012.JPG (78.5 KB, 216 views)
Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Nope, John your information is wrong. I was with Paul when he took the following picture 12 days ago on April 15 and it was still covered in ice and had a ways to go from being open water then. That is a long ways from 3 weeks. I would say the ice has been off for about a week.
hummm I was down there The 11 th and there was open water . there were two fellas fishing .
Old 04-27-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
hummm I was down there The 11 th and there was open water . there were two fellas fishing .
I call bs. The pic in my post was taken on April 15. Both I and PaulC can confirm that and so could the date on the pic if you want. I drove there in my new Jeep after talking to Jay and Andy at the river location minutes earlier that day. Check with them if you don't believe me.

Actually Paul posted that pic on the other thread on that the 15th as well.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=129621
post 17
Old 04-27-2012, 03:04 PM

Exclamation Fact not Fiction

Quote:
I call bs. The pic in my post was taken on April 15. Both I and PaulC can confirm that and so could the date on the pic if you want. I drove there in my new Jeep after talking to Jay and Andy at the river location minutes earlier that day. Check with them if you don't believe me.

Actually Paul posted that pic on the other thread on that the 15th as well.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=129621
post 17
X2.. Axeman was standing beside me on the new deck while I took the photo with a wide angle lense. The photo properties show the photo was taken April 15, 2012 at 2:27 p.m. 14:27 hrs. The ice is white and that means it has a long way to go to be melted. I also took a photo of Sureshot trying to blow himself up trying to get a warm fire going while trying to slay some river rats around all of the free flowing ice chunks on the NSR.

Last edited by Paul C; 04-27-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 PM

went by today, some kids were fishing. BBJ, thats one hell of a cast, the pond is bigger than I thought. Will have to get my new licence tomorrow, flycasting over water beats the backyard practice.
Dave
Old 04-27-2012, 09:12 PM

Does anyone know who is looking after the pond and area around? Or who is responsible for enforcement? I live in the Fort and love the idea of having it but want to claify some rules about accessing it. I do know this pond is located in a wetlands/conversation area but was down there last weekend and guess what I see. Three trucks have driven off the parking lot and down the hill to park right beside the pond. There are fences all the down to the river on both sides but in the parking lot area in front of the rec center is not finished yet and these guys drove right through it. Really don't want to call RAP or RCMP yet as I think the general public just does not know.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:17 AM

Bylaw for the park likely. No signs regarding boats. If I still lived in town, I'd be playing the ignorance card.

Who is gonna give it a try?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
X2.. Axeman was standing beside me on the new deck while I took the photo with a wide angle lense. The photo properties show the photo was taken April 15, 2012 at 2:27 p.m. 14:27 hrs. The ice is white and that means it has a long way to go to be melted. I also took a photo of Sureshot trying to blow himself up trying to get a warm fire going while trying to slay some river rats around all of the free flowing ice chunks on the NSR.
Bwahahaha! Good times

At least sureshot didn't blow himself up

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 04-28-2012, 09:27 PM

This thread gets two thumbs up... If BBJ can cast across that pond ill buy him a case of real beer. Assuming a conventional trout fishing set up? Or is BBJ talking about aa catfish rod and casting reel, that has a pound of lead tied at the other end? lol

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 04-28-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I was there on the 17th and still had ice.maybe the first ten feet was open.

I can tell you one thing it sure seems further than 200 feet across. I call BS on casting across.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:24 PM

that looks like it would be one heck of a cast!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM

in my days we dident cast we threw the hook xD haha
Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
This thread gets two thumbs up... If BBJ can cast across that pond ill buy him a case of real beer. Assuming a conventional trout fishing set up? Or is BBJ talking about aa catfish rod and casting reel, that has a pound of lead tied at the other end? lol

[IMG]http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/3thumbsup.jpg/IMG][IMG]http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/3thumbsup.jpg/IMG]
Touché

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams