Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-03-2011, 11:48 PM

i have many photos of the nsr walleye i will post tomorrow get redy to whipe your eyes and weep
Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alodar View Post
Sturgeon bite is on hooked into a nice one this evening few suckers and burbs too
where did you catch it ? Spot EFG ?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
Paul and Axeman , we were warned by Fish and wildlife officers last week that there will be no warnings this year for open booze , first time its a ticket next time its a court appearance . Don't think you guys are the type to drink and fish , but thought id feel you in on what we were told .

Who said we are drinking beer while we fish ? I am well aware of what the law says about open liquor while fishin (wishin).
Still good advice to give
Cheers
Can they charge me for drinking if I am fishing on my property that ends at the NSR?

Do I drink above the high water mark?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 PM

Question Location Makes the Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Can they charge me for drinking if I am fishing on my property that ends at the NSR?

Do I drink above the high water mark?
Yes fish and wildlife can charge you or depending on your location the local police can charge you as well. More popular locations seem to have more presence of law enforcer's.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 PM

Well Its been a fish filled day . Started off this morning with being out at the crack of dawn , then went home for a few hours had some food , and meet up with Geezle , Alodar , Ghost guy and Eventually Stephanie I mean Stephan meet up with us . Caught a whole swack of Burbot among us all , Some huge Suckers and a nice red tail sucker . Disbite the 50 kmh winds still beat having to be cooped up in an office some place . I love my office ... Code word Product testing .
Old 05-05-2011, 09:04 AM

I was out for a couple of hours last night on the nsr. I managed to land 2 pike and another burb.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
where did you catch it ? Spot EFG ?
Nah it was in spot x and it snapped my 80 braid while swimming up stream after snagging my weight on bottom
Old 05-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alodar View Post
Nah it was in spot x and it snapped my 80 braid while swimming up stream after snagging my weight on bottom
FYI, always tie your weight on with a smaller size line than your main line. I use 10lb test so the weight snaps off before your main line.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:46 PM

Thumbs up Good Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk View Post
i have many photos of the nsr walleye i will post tomorrow get redy to whipe your eyes and weep
You have some really good photos. Please continue to post them.
The images are crystal clear.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:16 PM

Default nsr

was out fishing few hours this morning got 2 burbot one sucker and a walleye on pickerel rig with worms
Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 PM

nice, guess its picking up
Old 05-07-2011, 03:18 PM

some videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cejp1...eature=related
Old 05-08-2011, 01:48 PM

great videos, thx
Old 05-08-2011, 02:21 PM

that big city fishing show was filmed at goldbar park if anybody did not know where the edmonton treated wastewater is dumped into the river
Old 05-08-2011, 02:24 PM

yumm, cant wait to take a swim there
Old 05-08-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSRfishing View Post
that big city fishing show was filmed at goldbar park if anybody did not know where the edmonton treated wastewater is dumped into the river
FYI; the treated wastewater is 99.9% clean water.The refineries are now using most of the treated water.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 PM

I was out at whitemud creek today. Same time as last weekend and the fishing was about the same, lots of suckers, a few walleye, 1 pike. Mooneye and goldeye. Unfortunately there is high traffic from fisherman. 12 people fishing a small creek mouth is frustrating when your the first one there. Does anyone have tips for targeting pike over there? Thanks! Good luck everyone!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:33 PM

Ive been to hermitage the past 2 days. Ive caught 3 suckers n a nice size goldeye. Tried to find a place in fort saskatchewan because the ppl at TFH said its the hottest spot on the NSR but I couldnt find a decent spot to fish the current was to fast. Im new to edm and would love some advice. Ive been pickeral rigging with worms. Im looking for pike n walleye.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonp View Post
Ive been to hermitage the past 2 days. Ive caught 3 suckers n a nice size goldeye. Tried to find a place in fort saskatchewan because the ppl at TFH said its the hottest spot on the NSR but I couldnt find a decent spot to fish the current was to fast. Im new to edm and would love some advice. Ive been pickeral rigging with worms. Im looking for pike n walleye.
The current's not too fast, you're just not using enough weight!

Seriously, I've been surprised at some of the catches I've made in faster currents where I didn't expect there to be fish.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 05-09-2011, 09:06 AM

The water temp out west is at 48.6F right now, about 3-4 inches of visibility. Managed a few ling and lost 1 sturgeon on the weekend. Nice to see F & W at one of the drive up spots. Had a nice chat from boat to shore, was told of a new launch site I need to check out. Keep up the good work fellas.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
The current's not too fast, you're just not using enough weight!

Seriously, I've been surprised at some of the catches I've made in faster currents where I didn't expect there to be fish.
Where abouts were u in fort sask? I was 50 meters from the boat launch. I didnt think I was in the right place. I was using a 5 pyramid weight which I thought was more then enough I just kept getting stuck n snapping my line :s
Old 05-09-2011, 08:17 PM

ive always found the river to be 1 of the places i always catch something. there r some spots in hematage and of course if u wanna go 4 a little drive the genessee bridge is always good for a dozen or so goldeye a piece, i swere by pickerle rigs with worms for goldeye and chopped up stinky sligtly rotten smelt for pike ,walleye, and sturgon would rather have a whole smelt, big pike too.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:01 AM

planning on heading out to gold bar today gonna bring some rigs n jigs hope the bites on this evening
Old 05-10-2011, 03:43 PM

goodluck oliver, post pictures after of the senery and some fish
Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 AM

decided last minute to hit up whitemud creekmouth again at dark instead of goldbar, met someone from this forum there,(zeebek i think was his handle?) ended up getting skunked but my m8 got spooled by something way out in the current, was moving upstream for a bit then decided to leave for japan or something cuz it just took a sharp 180 and took off down stream... never seen line move that fast...
Old 05-11-2011, 11:36 AM

How do you get to the whitemud creek? Where do u park n walk to?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:06 PM

theres a drive up and park spot right near the whitemud equanine...horse place thingy.... its impossible to miss coming up on the quenell bridge from the south.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:34 PM

Thumbs up Location Makes the Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0liver View Post
theres a drive up and park spot right near the whitemud equanine...horse place thingy.... its impossible to miss coming up on the quenell bridge from the south.
That location you need to have permission from that club. I checked out that area few days ago. The whitemud creek and the nsr is hit and miss.
Trying walking up the creek near the foot bridge. Also try a wide variety of live bates.You know what they say if the fish are not biting move to a different location.
Good Luck
Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 PM

im guessing its a sturgen, i had that happen to me 3 times in the river, they just spool you sometimes
Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Sure sounds like a Sturgeon.......... time to pull out the heavy artillery

Tags
edmonton, fishing, north saskatchewan river