Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
We all value our own stuff. If you don't value yours you can pm me for my address and send your "stuff" my way. I was brought up to respect other people's property and to put value on it because they put value on it.
Right.

My “ stuff “ is only of value to me and me alone. Same as you.
There is no retail, possible sentiment maybe, but that is it.
Your value no matter the number will never be compensated if you look at it in $$

But neither you, nor I, should be able decide the value of another man’s life.

Only when your being or someone close to you is at risk should you be able to decide,who’s life is worth more.

If you decide that your stuff is worth a life, someone else can decide your life is worth your stuff.

No “ stuff” I own or work hard for will ever equal what I consider more valuable.

You can’t replace everything.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 PM
Banned

Every item I own is worth more than a waste of skin thieves life. Ask the thief, is that item worth your life, if so try and steal it you might get lucky you might not, it's up to the thief.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
Every item I own is worth more than a waste of skin thieves life. Ask the thief, is that item worth your life, if so try and steal it you might get lucky you might not, it's up to the thief.
Until said thief decides the same thing.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
Until said thief decides the same thing.
I'm unsure of what you saying?
Old 01-16-2018, 11:40 PM

Ken07AOVette...You say you are going in swinging when the thieves are at hand.... Might I suggest you keep a hockey helmet with face cage and some shin, chest and arm protectors with your bat. Just for your safety. Be sure to paint your thief catching "outfit" in a dragon slayer theme so the thief only remembers a dragon slayer coming at him before the lights go out. haha Would make the thief's testimony in court entertaining. "Your honour, all I remember is a dragonslayer creature saying good night."
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 01-17-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Ken07AOVette...You say you are going in swinging when the thieves are at hand.... Might I suggest you keep a hockey helmet with face cage and some shin, chest and arm protectors with your bat. Just for your safety. Be sure to paint your thief catching "outfit" in a dragon slayer theme so the thief only remembers a dragon slayer coming at him before the lights go out. haha Would make the thief's testimony in court entertaining. "Your honour, all I remember is a dragonslayer creature saying good night."
" A really BIG dragonslayer, your Honour!"
Cat
Old 01-17-2018, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm unsure of what you saying?
That your life is worth whatever the thief wants. So he kills you to get it.

Things also have a way of happening when we are least expecting it.

A thief doesn't send warning that he is about to do something.

It just happens.

Maybe you're lucky to be there and catch the thief in the act.

most likely though you are unaware that the crime took place.

you are at work, on vacation, visiting friends. Or even sound asleep in your own bed.
Most property crimes happen when the owner is not around.

Difference between you and the thief?
You are going about your day as you would.

The thief is going about their day stealing stuff.

We all hope we are as prepared as well as we want to be. But the reality is more often than not , we are not prepared.
And even if we are in that moment,
doesn't mean the results will turn out to be favourable.

Yeah it is possible to win the day.
but it is also possible to lose it.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:43 AM

I was drinking with a friend one night and there were about 7 people at table and my friend got up and went outside to have a smoke,i seen him in the window then he was gone,it was late and I thought he went home.I had a room at this motel where the bar was so l left and went to my room,i was ready to fall asleep and tried to remember if I had lock my truck up right ,so I went outside and there were 40 cop cars all around this place and the cop asked me a few things and pushed me back into the room.

5 guys and a girl killed my friend that night and draged his body and put it on the railway tracks 40 feet away and the train ran him over,they did him in for drug money or an argument,i think maybe both.So you never know what a thief or thieves that are out of it can do.I know he gave it his best go,but he lost because there were to many.I was only 20 feet away from where they did this while walking to my room ,it bothered me for long time ,this happened in march 21 ,2009 in kenora ont and it still bothers me till this day,Eddy was a great guy and I pray it never happens to no one.I was in from out of town fishing lake of the woods for a week and the ice went bad that day so I was leaving in the morning,but the police kept everyone in that hotel for 2 days.

Last edited by JD848; 01-17-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:13 AM

I wrote they did him in for drug money,but Eddy wasn't into drugs so they robbed him to get money for drugs and I know he wouldn't back down or they jumped him and the rest is a horror show, I just can't figure out why that way.Take a human life to steal peanuts is horrible,i wanted to go to court ,but new the couple that did this and would have been hucked out court or charged ,so I stayed away.He lived in the bush his whole life, great resort and fishing and hunting lodge his dad built some 75 years ago and it was all his,not a worry in the world,minded his own business and came to town on the wrong night.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:00 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
I wrote they did him in for drug money,but Eddy wasn't into drugs so they robbed him to get money for drugs and I know he wouldn't back down or they jumped him and the rest is a horror show, I just can't figure out why that way.Take a human life to steal peanuts is horrible,i wanted to go to court ,but new the couple that did this and would have been hucked out court or charged ,so I stayed away.He lived in the bush his whole life, great resort and fishing and hunting lodge his dad built some 75 years ago and it was all his,not a worry in the world,minded his own business and came to town on the wrong night.
Sorry to hear of this, a loss of a friend to animals....sad day and I mentioned it before as tough talk lures the Internet hero's to type how they would handle thieves etc so I will put this into perspective for outdoors men and women...a bull moose or cow gets hauled down by a handful of wolves, yes they are very large to the wolves kinda like a 6'6" 240lbs man with a bat but the wolves eat at the end...gotta keep your wits about you and even then we become victims, again JD848 sorry for the loss of a friend.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-17-2018, 07:56 AM

Wow some of you guys take things way too far. As if the first response to seeing / finding some one on my property is to kill them....even where castle doctrine is law this doesn't fly. Also I am very aware of possible danger of confronting thieves just as I'm very aware of being in the wrong place at the wrong time could also result in tragedy. I personally know a few people who have been caught in theses situations. Proper prep/ training includes situational awareness and avoiding theses altogether. But it also includes the skill training to have a better than average chance of surviving. However this thread is about thieves stealing people's property. My point is our laws and justice system need to change in favor of property owner's. A bit of fear might just be enough to keep the average lowlife from even trying it. And for the ones who come with intent to do harm we should be able to assess the situation and deal with it with appropriate force without fear of the law ruining our lives in the process.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
That your life is worth whatever the thief wants. So he kills you to get it.

Things also have a way of happening when we are least expecting it.

A thief doesn't send warning that he is about to do something.

It just happens.

Maybe you're lucky to be there and catch the thief in the act.

most likely though you are unaware that the crime took place.

you are at work, on vacation, visiting friends. Or even sound asleep in your own bed.
Most property crimes happen when the owner is not around.

Difference between you and the thief?
You are going about your day as you would.

The thief is going about their day stealing stuff.

We all hope we are as prepared as well as we want to be. But the reality is more often than not , we are not prepared.
And even if we are in that moment,
doesn't mean the results will turn out to be favourable.

Yeah it is possible to win the day.
but it is also possible to lose it.
That's true, but I would do whatever to stop a thief. I could not stand there and dial the cops, it's a wasted phone call. Crime would plummet if there was the slightest mention that a person could protect their belongings. I myself would take the chance in stoping theft, but like you stated it most likely happens when a person is gone.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's true, but I would do whatever to stop a thief. I could not stand there and dial the cops, it's a wasted phone call. Crime would plummet if there was the slightest mention that a person could protect their belongings. I myself would take the chance in stoping theft, but like you stated it most likely happens when a person is gone.
Agreed. We all should have the responsibility to protect ourselves, loved ones and our property by whatever means possible. It's something we owe ourselves.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Right.

If you decide that your stuff is worth a life, someone else can decide your life is worth your stuff.
Often these low life's already make that decision. In a close by rural area last year even the cops were acted on with violence from some of these truck thieves. I do believe I should have the right to protect my hard earned belongings and my life and the lives of my family/ friends with force even if it means lethal force. After all they are the ones making that choice for themselves when they choose to break the law. I would way rather deal with a scum bag with force and be safe than pretend like it's possible they will only stop at taking my stuff and not do any harm.. A criminal lifestyle should be a extremely dangerous profession...as it is our laws protect them and Molly coddle them to where there really isn't much of a deterrent. From what I understand these guys don't even care if they get caught because it's only a minor bump in the road of doing business.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:16 PM

Get em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 06:57 PM
Banned

Hillbilly , you posted crime would plummet if we could defend what is ours , But in reality , when you see what some states are able to do just that , They are still plagued with theft! Although I do agree , I would love to be able to think I have a right to defend myself or what is mine!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:24 PM

The keyboard warriors on the boards will call me names, but the truth is if I feel I or someone near me is in mortal danger and I can do something, I will.
Most men with families would do the same. I have never turtled in my life, and definately won't if I have time to properly prepare.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Hillbilly , you posted crime would plummet if we could defend what is ours , But in reality , when you see what some states are able to do just that , They are still plagued with theft! Although I do agree , I would love to be able to think I have a right to defend myself or what is mine!
So are you saying that crime is just as bad in pro-gun / pro-castle law cities as it is in say Chicago, or D.C., or L.A.?
Old 01-17-2018, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
True but if the law is behind thieves,thieves feel more inclined to keep stealing, if the law stated thieves would be shot or hurt I think crime would decrease a little, I know it wouldn't stop, but repeat offenders would trimmed down a little. No I'm not looking for an excuse for everyone to kill, just keep and protect what belongs to the owner. The moral of the story, go work for something, and don't steal.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
The keyboard warriors on the boards will call me names, but the truth is if I feel I or someone near me is in mortal danger and I can do something, I will.
Most men with families would do the same. I have never turtled in my life, and definately won't if I have time to properly prepare.
Why would anyone call names. Any man worth his salt would do the same.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Can't compare Canada to America. Preþty much two different demographics.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Why would anyone call names. Any man worth his salt would do the same.
Lol I have been called internet tough guy and ninja more times by 3 or 4 guys on this forum than I have been sworn at in 30 years at my job!

Imagine you and me and Vinnie, Dean, bunch of the other goon sized guys sitting in a garage that someone breaks into.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Lol I have been called internet tough guy and ninja more times by 3 or 4 guys on this forum than I have been sworn at in 30 years at my job!

Imagine you and me and Vinnie, Dean, bunch of the other goon sized guys sitting in a garage that someone breaks into.
Don't know any of those guys but to make a long story short protect what you can by whatever means are available to you.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 PM

All you macho guys. Ever heard the say " initiative is an advantage". A man who is planning to do you harm will scheme and plan and will wait until you back is turned and then hit you. Stuff is stuff, iypts up to you if youbwanna die for it
Old 01-17-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs123 View Post
All you macho guys. Ever heard the say " initiative is an advantage". A man who is planning to do you harm will scheme and plan and will wait until you back is turned and then hit you. Stuff is stuff, iypts up to you if youbwanna die for it
yes, iypts up to me, iibnotgonna die for it.

They may if they break into my house at the wrong time. Between 12 am and 12 am

Old 01-17-2018, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs123 View Post
These thieves love your type, FYI. You just bend over and take it.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Dry
Old 01-17-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Oilers fan?
Old 01-17-2018, 10:59 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Oilers fan?
haha yep, you made me LOL

slight derail- you just made me think of this.......
I was picking up donations today for our upcoming annual fundraiser for the Fire Department, and I wrote up the panel for his offering;

Thanks going out to ********** for their generous donation of a very nice pair of Tickets for March 1, 2018 Edmonton where you can watch Nashville beat the Oilers.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:00 PM

Just last night neighbours car got broken into, they smashed the left rear window, I think it was a Toyota, they had been parking it at the back of garage which is right on our shared alley, so tonight I shut our gates, might slow them down.