Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 06-15-2014, 11:48 PM

Headed to Lower and possibly Upper K in the AM.
Message me if you're interested in going! You don't have to worry about gas....ill be going either way. If you want to buy me a coffee then great! hahhaha
Cheers,
Bill
Old 06-26-2014, 10:43 AM

I'm in drayton valley tonight and looking into putting in a 5 hour shift till sunset! Gonna just smash some pike spots if you wanna join or pm me if ya wanna aim for some grayling or other species!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travellingflyguy View Post
I'm in drayton valley tonight and looking into putting in a 5 hour shift till sunset! Gonna just smash some pike spots if you wanna join or pm me if ya wanna aim for some grayling or other species!
I wish I had of seen this earlier.

That said I am looking for a Blackstone partner for holiday Tuesday. I live in between Lodgepole and Drayton valley. Share gas and beer.

Alan
Old 06-27-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87stocker View Post
I wish I had of seen this earlier.

That said I am looking for a Blackstone partner for holiday Tuesday. I live in between Lodgepole and Drayton valley. Share gas and beer.

Alan
Well Alan drayton is my second home when I'm working and tho know on w I'm off work that's always the mission so free gas in the work truck! I will keep in touch next time I visit!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:55 PM

I pm'd you.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:31 AM

Get at me if you are in edson area! I will be up there tonight and then off to Hinton tomorrow! Thinkin of hittin up wolf creek or the mcleod river tonight!
Old 07-15-2014, 01:44 PM

Default Anything anywhere

I am off all week after 6 weeks of working on the road. Game for any species. Pontoon or walk and wade. Location don't matter either.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 PM

I'm an English fly fishermen in Edmonton. Looking for a partner. Please PM if interested
Old 07-21-2014, 02:06 AM

Thinking about doing a hike in this weekend but would prefer company. Im not very picky on location. Would like to catch some nice cutties. I have a float tube as well.
Or I was thinking of finding a new lake to test out the new accessories on my pontoon.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:28 PM

If there's anybody in Airdrie or close proximity that wants to go fly fishing let me know. I'm typically available to go fishing Sunday mornings. I'm also available the occasional week night. I still have relatively young kids, so it's the only time I can really escape consistently during the week.

It would be nice to have a few "Go To" guys for those Sunday Mornings.

I would consider myself an intermediate level fly fisherman.

PM me if interested.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:43 AM

Default floating the Bow

Hey guys I'm going to float the Bow tmrw, if anyone wants to tag along...... don't need a truck or anything I'm going to get bow river shuttle to move my truck. Let me know if u wanna go and I can pick you up
Old 07-27-2014, 05:04 PM

Default Fly fishing edmonton

Hello, I'm a french fisherman who have never practice Fl fishing,I'm in Edmonton for 2 years. I love fishing, i use to go at least once in a week in France and I really want to go fishing as much as I can here. I would like if somebody can help me to start this new way of fishing.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:04 AM

Default I fish the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRat View Post
I'll be looking for fly fishing company as well. Been fly fishing my whole life. Just moved to Edmonton. Mostly Atlantic Salmon and Trout experience for me. I tie pretty good fly as well so if I can line up a partner or two I could supply a few patterns for a trip.
What kind of fish do u like to catch?
Old 08-09-2014, 12:06 PM

I am off this coming Monday and will be heading to somewhere on the North Ram leaving from the Wetaskiwin area if anyone would like to join me.

PM if interested
Old 08-09-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Practitioner View Post
I am off this coming Monday and will be heading to somewhere on the North Ram leaving from the Wetaskiwin area if anyone would like to join me.

PM if interested
Goodluck, it's awesome dry fly right now, watch out for mama grizzly and her one cub.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:31 AM

Thinking of heading out Wednesday somewhere. Lake, steam it don't matter. Anyone free for a mid week bug chucking fest?
Old 08-13-2014, 09:38 PM
Banned

Anyone who wants to fish little smokie Friday let me know message me
Old 08-14-2014, 01:16 PM

Thinking about going on Sunday. I have the wheels, just split gas, not exactly sure where I was planing to go. I'm a younger guy, in Calgary, who is getting more into fly fishing but fishing a been my passion for my whole life. First year at Mount Royal next year, it would be interesting to see if anyone else going there is on here too.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:29 PM

Anyone able to sneak away Monday and chuck some bugs?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 PM

Considering on making a day trip this week down to the Old Man area for some fishing. If anyone wants to join me and have a few laughs, let me know.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:14 AM

heading out to the crow & or the castle river Monday & possibly Tuesday , shoot me a pm if you want to join . will be leaving early both day's .
Old 08-30-2014, 04:47 PM

Default Slv wabamun pike

I work lots need to catch some pike on my new slv fly reels looking for a buddy n a ride tight lines people's!!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:26 PM

Default fishing kcountry

if anyone wants to head out to the kananaskis area with me on a sunday just send me a pm, will possible be going out tommoro also.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:03 PM

Default Red Deer

I'm new to fly fishing and the Red Deer area, looking for some other newbies to fish with and learn together or if theres anyone else that doesn't mind a new guy tagging along. I'm in my late twenties and work in town at a 9 - 5 job so evenings and weekends are best for me. Also open to spot recommendations.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 09-11-2014, 11:38 AM

Anyone heading out to the Edson or Nordegg area this weekend and want to show a guy the basics? Never fished a stream before but probably going to give it a go and would be nice to meet up with someone that knows what they are doing.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:44 AM

I posted this in a similar thread under 'Fishing discussion', but copy here in case there are some fly fishermen who don't read the other one;

I'm going on a two week trip to Alberta, starting September 23rd where I'm planning to do a lot of fishing around Alberta (and possibly Montana). I'll go with a guide on the Bow River the first day after arriving. Afterwards I have just rented a car, and I'm planning to go fishing 'wherever I feel like'.
If someone here would like to go on some fishing trips with me that would be great, both for the company and local expertise (I've also been looking at way too many bear-encounter videos on Youtube lately and starting to freak out a little regarding fishing alone )

I'm arriving in Calgary, but as I have a rental car I don't mind if it's far away (as long as it's not a two-day drive )
Primarily I'm thinking fly-fishing for trout (with all your Canadian sub-species which we don't have in Norway) and pike, but open for other stuff too
Old 09-12-2014, 06:54 PM

Enjoy Canada. We aren't as progressive as Norwegians but you could help us along that path. Enjoy our seasonal weather.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:28 AM

Default Looking for an adventure.

Have till Thursday off. Anyone looking to head out? Don't care about location will go anywhere. Could even fish the day grab a big steak and a few pops. End up getting a room and making it a two day event. Wide open for suggestions.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 10-22-2014, 11:25 AM

Default Last Weekend of the Season

Looking to head out this weekend, last time before basically everything closes for the winter. All my buddies have packed it in for the year already and im not quite done. PM if interested, Ill be going somewhere in Southern Alberta for trout.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:29 PM

I just moved to okotoks from northern mb. I been guiding 5 seadons for pike n walleye. But totally green at fly fishing. I got all the gear. If anyone needs a buddy around just pm me. Im dying to get into the fishing community in calgary stea