Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-01-2013, 10:52 PM

Still looking for an ethical hunter willing to teach a newer generation to bird hunt. Im more than willing to pay my way, help set decoys or what ever else needs to be done.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 AM

Bow Hunting/Waterfowl Hunting Edmonton Area

I am a young guy (mid 20's) just learning the ropes. If you would like assistance on field dressing and getting your animal out of the bush this month that is something I would like to learn to do. I am a decent shot with a bow and a shot gun and I did a little waterfowl hunting last year but would like to team up with some people this year. Please send me a PM if interested.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Seeking a deer meat hunting partner to hunt Edson area.
No drugs,
No excess liquor,
No poaching,
No road hunting,
No whining,
We each supply our own gear.

I like to get away from the road and hunt hard for the few precious days I get out to hunt. I will be out September 21-22 2013 and October 27 to November 2 2013. We don't need to hold hands hunting but I would like a partner in the area because of the grizzlys

I am not new to hunting I just want to have a regular partner I can depend on every year. Send me a PM and we will go from there.

Lyall
Old 09-02-2013, 02:49 PM

Default Looking for a bow hunting/rifle hunting partner in GP

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a hunting partner in Grande Prairie. I'm currently bow hunting elk and moose and have some land to hunt on as well. I dont do drugs and wont hunt with someone who does. I'm looking for a level headed individual who is ethical. I'm 28 and fairly new to the area as well. PM me if interested.

Cheers,
Laurence
Old 09-03-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi962 View Post
Are you new to hunting? or finding it tough on your own.. do you want to join us for bow/rifle hunts?

We are looking for 1-2 guys from the Edmonton area, physically fit, who are dedicated enthusiastic hunters to join my dad and I (I'm mid 30's). We would like to have someone join us that has more dedication other then a weekend here or there, that's not hunting, that's just coming out to shoot. It would be great if you could assist us in spending time scouting, getting permissions and actual hunting. We hunt locally every day during the regular rifle season, and go elsewhere camping for elk/moose for 2-3 weeks.
I know there is always a lot of talk out there about how awesome some guys think they are, we are not the best but we have valuable experience, good hunting/shooting skills, and the animals to prove it!
we are farmers ourselves so we have ties with other farmers as well, so our hunting land base is massive.
we are willing to train you to hunt if you don't have the skills. we hunt everything except mtn sheep, goats, and cats. someone with sheep skills would be awesome, as we have never hunted them, but would like to. (we mainly focus
on Elk, Moose, Deer, Geese, Coyotes). we have all our own processing equipment so all our meat is clean, cut, and wrapped to a high standard with no cost, but you have to be willing to help out.
we drink socially, no drugs, and are looking for someone like minded, as we like to joke around a lot and make hunting an awesome experience! no guides or guys that can't keep a secret allowed.

send me a PM if you're game!

some of the spoils of last season... this is just my take, my dad got his game too, but not pictured. I also got my moose, but he's not worth posting unless you admire 6inch paddles.
Attachment 77994Attachment 77995

here are photos of a new guy we brought on in 2011, he hunted with us for the season and this is what he got rewarded with... he has never shot a gun until that fall, and has never hunted in his life prior. zero experience.
Attachment 77997Attachment 77998
Oh yea, and we have a fully winterized sled trailer to camp in, its got real beds, furnace, and even a kitchenette. So we are very mobile, and dont waste time setting up, maximizing hunting time! No charge for buddies!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:02 AM

Default Ducks on Sunday

It seems I haven't been able to solidify anything for opening day down here yet. I'm not opposed to popping out to one of the shallow puddles on my own (or drag the wife along to supervise), but it's always more fun to gang up.

I'm no rookie (shot my first duck 27 years ago) but have been out of it for a bit and am definitely out of the loop for waterfowl hunting in Alberta, I've done probably 98% of my hunting in BC, but I've scouted a couple spots that look promising (As long as I don't sink in to my armpits!)

I've got all the needed gear, and some stuff that none of us really need. No bird dog (anymore) or boat, so I stick to the shallows. I know how to call (usually even properly) and shoot, but can come up with some awesome reasons why I may have missed.

Long story short, if anyone wants an extra gun, (comes complete with comic relief and multiple previous life stories) drop me a message. I'm not opposed to driving to a good spot if you have one. I'll have my large rear end behind a blind and ready to shoot by 6:01am Sunday morning, no matter if it's 10 minutes away or 2 hours away.... By myself or not... It will happen!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 AM

Sent you a PM, not opposed to taking a new guy out and showing the ropes.
gun safety especially when running dogs is mandatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Still looking for an ethical hunter willing to teach a newer generation to bird hunt. Im more than willing to pay my way, help set decoys or what ever else needs to be done.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:43 PM

Default Have guns, will travel.

30, ex army (soon to be back in!), quit my job (couldn't stand it!). So while I wait to get back in, I'm funemployed! Live in Edmonton, if anybody wants a partner or to generously add somebody to their group would love and appreciate it. I hunt deer (rifle) but really LOVE waterfowl either fieldshooting or over water. I know a couple places to go and have a couple places to check out as well.

Ethical, drugs and disease free, good sense of humor. Will also share some outstanding recipes, use of my grinder/smoker/slicer. Have calls, rifles, shotguns, decoys (field and floaters) and a kayak.

Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Of one who has done well
Old 09-05-2013, 07:14 PM

Hi Guys,

Just want to try to look for some luck for permission for land access if by chance somebody who is land owner or lease a land in 314 area, I got a draw for moose this year in 314. I am very new to Calgary and I just moved to Calgary last year.
I am just over 40s and I am a responsible and safe hunter. I want to have a rifle hunting this year in this area.
I don't want to inconvenience anyone and would be very appreciative of any time that I would be allowed to join a group or make a parter and some hunting friends for permission to land access for this area.

Feel free to send me a message.

Thank you for your kindness and Thanks for your time.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyYork View Post
Hi, Looking for someone to go hunting with in the Calgary area. I moved here from the east coast last year and want to get some hunting in this fall.
I'm 26 and have been hunting moose, deer, grouse, duck/geese and have been in the sport since I can remember. I can clean a moose too (I know allot of people don't like to do this lol). I am more of a meat hunter so I stick to game that I will eat, so I stay away from bear.
Problem is, I just moved to Alberta and I'm not familiar with the area. Id love to meet some people in who would like some company. I'm an easy going guy, and don't mind the work (some people don't realize how much work it is dragging a 1000lb moose out of the bush!)
Anyway if your interested send me an email/message maybe we can chat or have beers or something.
Hey why don't you give me a call and we chat?
587 4365538
We have lots of land and it is close to Calgary.

AJ
Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 PM

Default waterfowl

well this is my second fall hunting out here in alberta (originally from BC). recently got in to duck hunting last year with a buddy i work with but the two of us are still pretty new to it. would love to meet up with someone who doesnt mind showing us the ropes. not interested in hanging around people who do drugs, break the laws etc. got 2 doz mallard floating decoys, waders, single person blind and a truck. im 25 not a partier and current military member so im no stranger to getting up early (especially if it involves hunting)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWMAYOR View Post
Hi Guys,

Just want to try to look for some luck for permission for land access if by chance somebody who is land owner or lease a land in 314 area, I got a draw for moose this year in 314. I am very new to Calgary and I just moved to Calgary last year.
I am just over 40s and I am a responsible and safe hunter. I want to have a rifle hunting this year in this area.
I don't want to inconvenience anyone and would be very appreciative of any time that I would be allowed to join a group or make a parter and some hunting friends for permission to land access for this area.

It seems that you may have found gold.....Give me a call anytime during the day.
(403)472-1947
Massimo
Old 09-06-2013, 09:39 AM

I never struck myself as naive, but are drugs and hunting drunk a big problem with guys hunting nowadays?

Geeze, I never touch any drugs... ever... and would never even consider bringing booze with me hunting.

I should clarify from my earlier post. Don't bother messaging me if you're into hunting drunk, doing drugs or breaking any rules. I thought that would speak for itself.

Any of you "clean" hunters want to go out and get some flyers, message away! Safe clean fun to be had!!

No, I'm NOT "trying out for Duck Dynasty"...
Old 09-06-2013, 12:44 PM

Default Birdding

Actually two guys from this board showed up drinking a beer
For our first hunt ....needless to say there wasn't a second ...

Are you available during the week ,are you in south calgary
Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 PM

That's crazy... show up drinking a beer for my hunt??!!! Oh boy!

I can, on occasion, make myself available on weekdays with some creative planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
Actually two guys from this board showed up drinking a beer
For our first hunt ....needless to say there wasn't a second ...

Are you available during the week ,are you in south calgary

No, I'm NOT "trying out for Duck Dynasty"...
Old 09-06-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
I never struck myself as naive, but are drugs and hunting drunk a big problem with guys hunting nowadays?
its hard to believe but its trye one of the guys i met through one of my hunting partners was drunk and ready to go for the evening hunt. IMO i want to be out and set up before first light and not have to prod anyones butt outta bed
Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM

you can also call this number (403)472-1947
Old 09-06-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyYork View Post
Hi, Looking for someone to go hunting with in the Calgary area. I moved here from the east coast last year and want to get some hunting in this fall.
I'm 26 and have been hunting moose, deer, grouse, duck/geese and have been in the sport since I can remember. I can clean a moose too (I know allot of people don't like to do this lol). I am more of a meat hunter so I stick to game that I will eat, so I stay away from bear.
Problem is, I just moved to Alberta and I'm not familiar with the area. Id love to meet some people in who would like some company. I'm an easy going guy, and don't mind the work (some people don't realize how much work it is dragging a 1000lb moose out of the bush!)
Anyway if your interested send me an email/message maybe we can chat or have beers or something.
you can also try this number (403)472-1947
Old 09-06-2013, 08:39 PM

All of my hunting pals have had to bail on the waterfowl opener here on Sunday because of work, anyone looking for an extra hand or company? I'm fully equipped for any situation with field and floater decoys, a layout blind and a well trained dog if needed. Could go alone but waterfowl hunting is always more fun in groups!
WildCanuck
Old 09-06-2013, 11:28 PM

Default Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by massimotocco View Post
you can also call this number (403)472-1947
Where r u going. Im i. Calgary south. Have a few spots but if you want we can get a shoot lined up.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Banned

I am new to hunting, just moved here from Ontario and am looking to get into the sport out here, as I did in Ontario. Anyone looking for a hunting partner in the Calgary area, for waterfowl, Deer, and Elk/Moose, let me know!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:38 PM

Default deer hunting in Edmonton area

Hi, I'm 40yrs old who moved to Edm last year, looking to join someone/group to go deer hunting weekends, evenings, I've gone hunting for the last number of years in northern Quebec but am not a hard core hunter, Im really easy going and just really enjoy being in the bush. I have my truck, quad, etc. Let me know if you need company!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 PM

Default Lloydminster area newb looking for mentor

Ok, here goes nothing! I have been out a few times, shot a few ducks couple years ago, I want to go out with someone else who knows what they are doing, I am 38, responsible, not into drug or alcohol, please let me know if you can help me get started.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:02 PM

Default experience for experience

Looking to fill the freezer with a bow. Have had my bow for three years never hunted with it could never get things to workout. Been a butcher for the past 8 years had my own shop for the past two. Do my own processing from burgers, smokies. Pepperoni. Salami. Pep sticks. Jerky. Fresh sausage. Everything I make is halal/kosher. No pork added. Willing to teach in return to learn how to properly bow hunt don't have to take an animal just want to learn. I don't drink smoke or do drugs.have all my own gear truck quad bow. Just lacking knowledge. Thanks
Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWMAYOR View Post
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

I am still looking for to be allowed to join a group or make a parter and some hunting friends for permission to land access for 314 area for rifle hunting.

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:46 AM

Smile Geese hunting

Hi Guys,

As I have posted, I am a new guys just moved to Clagray las year. I am wondering if somebody would like me to be allowed to join your group or a partner to have a geese hunting in these couple coming weekend?

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:32 PM

I'm looking for a like minded hunter, I love hunting and put a lot of work into it all year, (target shooting, clearing brush, building stands, scouting, etc) I mostly hunt sheep n white tail, but will hunt anything I can get a tag for. I'm a gear junky, And always trying out new things to help me hunt smarter.
I would really like to get more involved with elk, but I put so much time into sheep hunting, elk get put to the side.
I live in red deer, and hunt west of rocky. I have very good spots for long range target shooting, WT deer, moose, sheep, wolf.
If your the type that sleeps in, and don't like to get dirty, it won't work out.
If you'd like to meet up for a coffee and chat about hunting shoot me a PM
Old 09-09-2013, 03:07 PM

Greetings to all,

I am new to Calgary, well not that new moved here a while ago, and I left my firearms in Ontario. I've got replacements and now looking for someone to go hunting with. I never touch any of my firearms after or during a beer. Once they're locked up I wouldn't mind a cold one after a good days hunting.

I have only done small game in Ontario and am looking to do some duck hunting, or maybe just some small game. I might try something big next year but just easing it back in.

I have a kayak that I'd like to take out to a little pond and do some duck hunting if anyone would be interested in doing that as well.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:26 PM

I have the whole week off work and dedicated solely to hunting, i'll be out west of bragg creek for a few days and then might head up into 414/316 area later this week. I'm archery hunting for moose,elk,whitetail and mule deer, also have a tag for black bear if the opportunity arises. I will also have the shotgun with me for grouse hunting. So if anyone wants to come out and join me that would be great, always nice to have a partner, shoot me a pm on here and we'll take it from there.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 AM

Anybody going for the Primitive Weapons hunt for White-tail in WMU-248 Strathcona Area later this season?

New to Edmonton, and I'd love to take a deer with a shotgun!

Can pay my own way, just would like somebody to show me the ropes hunting in AB.

Also looking to do some grouse hunting as well!

Last edited by knightofcydonia; 09-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.