Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-09-2015, 08:42 AM

Default Anybody in Lloydminster looking for a hunting partner?

I'm in Lloydminster (moving back in August actually) and would like to find a hunting partner for deer, moose, or whatever. I'm 48 and pretty much unskilled at hunting but I can shoot and have for many years. I'm looking for a partner with a little more experience as about the only thing I have ever skinned is a grouse. I enjoy a scotch or two but only afterwards. I don't mix guns and drink. I can travel and have applied for several of the draws including Bison and Sheep. The pickups good. I use a .45-70.

Paul
Old 06-14-2015, 08:30 AM

Default Field Mallard Hunting

Starting early this year....Looking for a during the week
Partner to field hunt mallards . I have Robo Duck and field
Decoys .And dog if need be . If a goose shows it's beak so be it.
Don't smoke and not much of a drinker .

I hunt all upland as well ...I'm retired , live in Okotoks ,

Will be ready to go Sept 1 .
Old 06-19-2015, 10:18 AM

Default Forestburg, Killam, Sedgewick area

Looking for a hunting partner in the Forestburg, Killam, Sedgewick area. I do pretty much any type of hunting. Deer, goose, duck, coyote you name it. I'm 22 with a truck, guns, bow, layout blind, some ground snow goose decoys along with some duck decoys. Been hunting for many years and am very safe and respectful. Don't smoke. Let me know if your in the area and looking for a hunting partner.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:55 PM

I am always looking to go out with more experienced hunters! Still trying to learn!
Old 06-23-2015, 10:40 AM

i am looking for someone to hunt with i have my own gun and quad
Old 06-24-2015, 05:58 AM

Hello all,

I'm a rookie that is hoping to learn a little about waterfowl hunting, by maybe tagging along on a hunt or two. I have never done it, and would love the opportunity to go with someone who knows what they're doing. It would be a fantastic way to learn and see if the sport is as addicting as everyone says it is!
I'm a gun owner, 40 yr old family man. I follow the rules and don't mix booze and hunting.
I live just north of Spruce Grove (little west of Edmonton) and would love to tag along, let me know.
Thanks all.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:09 AM

Hello. I live in canmore. I have two guns working on a third. Never even fired a shot yet. I have some camping gear. I have a 12' raft with electric motor. I like to play guitar but i am not very good. I have girl friend but no friends to go hunting with. I would really like to learn hunting skills. If you are still looking for someone to teach. I am sure that I would make a good student. Please respond. Thnx
Old 06-28-2015, 08:08 PM

Hey there,
Im a guide for waterfowl and we spend close to 90 days straight blasting birds on personal and buisness hunts. If you want, you are more then welcome to come out if we need another blind filled. Give me a shout....Jeff 780 531 7747
Old 06-28-2015, 08:11 PM

definately could be interested in the 410 zone. Im trying to track down a partner to come out with me this year. Im flexible with where. Last year was closer to canmore and the year before we were in wilmore.

Jeff
Old 06-28-2015, 08:16 PM

Default Sheep hunting partner needed

Hey guys,
I am looking for someone to join me sheep hunting this year. I have a few different areas scouted but im always up for new adventures. I have a few seasons under my belt but havent connected yet. We passed on one last year that may have been legal but it was so close we decided to be cautious and not take the shot. Anyways, my normal hunting partner cant make it this year so im trying to still put leather to ground and see if we can put one down. Any takers?. 32 year old athletic male. I run a guiding buisness for water fowl and i wont quit on you. looking for a week minimum but preferably 10 to 14 days. You can either message me or call/text Jeff 780 531 7747. Traveling is not an issue.....neither is hiking with small houses strapped to our backs.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:19 PM

Hello I just graduated and looking for other female hunters. I am heading on my first back packing trip into the mountains for sheep in September and wondering if any had any interest
Old 07-05-2015, 09:49 AM

Default Horseback Sheep Partner Wanted

Hello,

I am looking for someone with horses to join me and my two horses for a sheep hunt in the mountains this fall. I'm looking for someone who can take 10-14 days to get back in good sheep country and put in the time for a successful hunt. I have a few spots picked out in the mid-400s but open to new ground if you have other preferences.

Thanks

Dan
Old 07-06-2015, 06:17 PM

Default Hunt Exchange

I am looking to hook up with someone for whitetail hunting. I am from Minnesota and have been hunting the northern part of my state for more than 20 years with a better than 60% success rate. The person I would like to talk to has at least 5 years experience hunting an area and has gained some amount of confidence. I have yet to hunt in Canada and in exchange for showing me the ropes, I will have you join me at the place I call hunting camp which is a nice 32ft 5th wheel in a Forest Service Campground with miles of huntable public land.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:18 PM

Default Horseback Sheep Hunting

I have 3 horses. All can pack, I have all the gear. I like to have a few rums at the end of the day. Like my chew, love my horses, live for my wife and kids.

Looking to sheep hunt this Aug to Sept with like minded people.

Thx
Old 07-10-2015, 10:28 PM

Default Sheep Hunting 2015

Started backpacking for sheep last year seen one legal on the fringe but decided not to shoot. Looking for someone that can do anything from day trips to longer. The guy i usually go with can only commit sometime this year. Feel free to
Message me if you are interested.
Thanks.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:00 PM

Default Calgary deer

I would like to take a shot at some deer. i have never shot a deer but have most of everything i need to get out..if anyone wants to meet up for a beer and figure out if this would be a fun time hit me up
Old 07-16-2015, 02:28 PM

Default elk hunt

I got a draw for a antlered elk in wmu 430 and was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me this year. I am pretty new to hunting as I got my
1st deer last year. I am looking for someone who can show me a few things as I really want to learn. I have a good shot and I am mature. Feel free to msg me at firechicken_69@hotmail.com
Old 07-17-2015, 01:13 AM

Default Antlered Moose

I got a draw for Antlered Moose in wmu 532. Looking for an experienced hunting partner for 7 to 10 days. Looks like a fly-in out of Fort Smith or Fort Chip.

Paul
Old 07-17-2015, 05:51 PM

Default Anterless Mule Deer

Anybody interested in hunting some Antlerless Mule Deer in wmu 256? I've got a tag in the draw. Pm me if you would like to join me or if you have land that I could hunt on. Thanks
Old 07-18-2015, 03:26 AM

Default 523, 350, 510

Hey guys, looking for a hunting partner for a few locations I am able to hunt in.

523, area north of triangle
350, almost anywhere but mainly south of Canyon Creek,
510, Smith area Otter creek and Ranch road mainly.

PM me if anyone is in similar areas and wants a partner. been hunting a couple years mainly deer and one moose, very eager to start hunting Elk and finding new areas.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:45 AM

Default Pulled a Bison tag this year...anyone else? Maybe partner up?

I pulled a Buffalo tag very excited...if anyone else has pulled one and would like to possibly partner up...drop me a line....very excited about the possibilities.

I am 40 live in Calgary and am a responsible hunter...
Old 07-19-2015, 05:38 PM

Default Buffalo Hunt

Congrats on the tag! I applied but maybe next year. I've spent a lot of time up in that area. I used to fly guys in and out of Bistcho Lake Lodge. Lots of swampy areas good thing its a late hunt.
Good luck and have fun!
Old 07-19-2015, 07:25 PM

Default Female Hunting partner WANTED

Single female hunter wanted!!! ...I have a lot of experience hunting in Canada and the world. and would love to share the hunting experiences with a nice female hunting partner.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:05 PM

got a tag for antlerless moose in 314. i have lots of permission... anyone else get a tag? let me know if your interested in some day trips from calgary.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:33 PM

Anyone with a bird dog interested in hunting some private released pheasants?? If you supply the dog, I will supply the birds.
Interested?? contact me at kougar99@hotmail.com
Old 07-25-2015, 06:06 PM

Default Trips around YYC

Hi everyone,

If anyone is looking to partner up for short weekend/day trips around Calgary, I would love it if you let me know. I'm on general tags mostly, so i can slide into whatever you're up for. I'm looking to get more experience and expand my skill set and learn anything i can.

I don't smoke, don't drink when i handle weapons and might not be the most eloquent conversationalist. Other than that, I can help with heavy lifting so i don't mind tagging along on your moose/elk and to grab a deer on the side if we have time or luck out.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenfame View Post
Hey guys, looking for a hunting partner for a few locations I am able to hunt in.

523, area north of triangle
350, almost anywhere but mainly south of Canyon Creek,
510, Smith area Otter creek and Ranch road mainly.

PM me if anyone is in similar areas and wants a partner. been hunting a couple years mainly deer and one moose, very eager to start hunting Elk and finding new areas.
Hi
If you are looking to partner up for short weekend/day trips around Calgary , Canmore or Banff I would love it if you let me know. I'm looking to get experience and expand my skill set and learn anything i can.

I don't smoke, don't drink , I can help with heavy lifting , butchers work so i don't mind tagging along on your moose/elk and to grab a deer on the side if we have time or luck out.

Last edited by Maged; 07-26-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfried View Post
Hello
Looking for a new hunting partner as a few in past have fallen through. Nows the time to be going out scouting and seeing where we can get to. I am a rifle and bow hunter and have no issues travelling awhile to get to places. Pm me if interested!!
If you are looking to partner up for short weekend/day trips around Calgary , Canmore or Banff I would love it if you let me know. I'm looking to get experience and expand my skill set and learn anything i can.

I don't smoke, don't drink , I can help with heavy lifting , butchers work so i don't mind tagging along on your moose/elk and to grab a deer on the side if we have time or luck out.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2015, 12:26 PM

Looking for a sheep hunting partner for August 22nd to September 2nd. Looking for someone with atleast some experience sheep hunting. This will be my 3rd year sheep hunting. Don't need your spot as I have my own. Just need someone able to go for those days. I'm 30, fit and really excited for the season. Going in on foot, please be able to handle 10 days in. Pm me if you have any questions.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:22 PM

Im moving to fairview for school in the fall, very new to the area and im interested if anyone would want to go on a hunt. Whitetail/Elk/Bear/Wolf doesnt matter to me, I just want to get out and enjoy some of albertas most beautiful country.