Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-28-2015, 08:35 AM
Banned

Default 10 wt fly rod

I'm working up here in camrose and broke my pike fly rod the other day, just wondering if anyone here has seen any half decent ones on sale/clearance (10 wt) at wholesale the fishin hole or cabelas? Looking to spend no more than 200 right now. I do plan to eventually buy a sage pike rod. Any information would be greatly appreciated as my time after work is very limited thanks in advance and, tight lines!
Old 05-28-2015, 08:46 AM

I'm not sure what sales are on, but do yourself a favor and the next fly rod you buy, make sure it has a lifetime warranty! Temple Fork Outfitters (TFO) has a signature series that is inexpensive and anytime you break a section of the rod they replace it for a small fee no questions asked... I don't know how many times I've broken fly rods over the years, but the warranties have saved me...

At Cabelas, the "TFO Lefty Kreh Professional Series II Fly Rods" 9ft 9wt is selling for 225CDN... It doesn't look like they make a 10wt in this series, but a 9wt is more than adequate for any pike anywhere in the province and will likely cast your 10wt line without much of an issue. Might actually cast those bigger flies better.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:19 AM

You can also check with The Reel Doctor - last time I was there, he had some fly rods he was trying to move at good prices.

Call him at (780)431-0146 and located at 8732-51 Ave Edmonton.