Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-04-2016, 09:45 PM

Default Oldman River Conditions

Anyone been fishing upstream of the Gap since it opened? Wondering if I should hit it up or try some brooks and streams along the forestry trunk road.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:55 PM

Default Take care

Be careful with the low flows, high temperatures. Play fish quickly, keep'em wet.

As for the fishing, I am sure it's fishing reasonably well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oldman river flows July 4-2016.jpg (36.3 KB, 63 views)
Old 07-05-2016, 10:20 AM

Thanks. I always try to keep them in the water and I don't take their picture unless I plan on eating them lol. I will have to hit it up when my wife goes back to work on Monday.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:55 PM

We were up camping for Canada day up here. We primarily fished down river of the waterfalls. Hiked in about 30 mins and the fishing was dynamite. The previous weekend we were up as well and caught nothing but rainbow trout.

Canada day weekend though the cutthroat finally seemed to make their way up and it was almost entirely cutthroat with the odd rainbow/dolly and whitefish. Not sure the bull trout are up this far yet.

Very curious though as to how they get up past the falls. Just can't fathom how they can jump the falls with how fast/high they are by the gap that is. Guessing there must be other tributaries they come up to get past the falls.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:21 AM

Good to know. Heading up to check out Indian Graves with the wife and do a little Sunday drive. I may be able to sweet talk her into reading her book while I cast a few spinners into the water when we drive back towards Macleod on the FTR.