Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-05-2015, 08:22 PM

Default New Rest One Day

Due to loss of work because of my knee surgery several weeks ago i am not able to buy a new rest at this time but would love all your opinions on the type of rests you find work best. Currently on my APA Viper i have a super old ripcord fall away rest that is showing its ageand not dropping all the time. I am leaning towards a QAD Ultra or a whisker biscuit one day. Let me know which ones you guys recommend.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:48 AM

I'll sell you a lightly used qad hdx?
Old 12-06-2015, 10:13 AM

Hey Stephen,

If you PM me your address I'll mail you a whisker biscuit I'm not using.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2015, 10:18 AM

A solid vote yes for QAD HDX here.... The only time mine failed me was because of operator error. I didn't tighten the little "football" clamp for the activation string onto my bow's cable enough and it started slipping while at a 3D tourney. Luckily, the gentlemen that I was shooting with had some tools on them and I fixed while in the field.

Since then, I've made sure to TIE the string into the cables (even when replacing) and haven't had an issue since. Even found online a little trick to delay the drop function enough to have it act like a solid rest, but then clear fast enough for the fletches. Holds the front of the arrow up in shooting position just slightly longer to maintain flight so there's no porpoiseing (high/low tail flight)

I like the function of the QAD in comparison to some of the ripcords that I've seen, in the way that the QAD will stay up in the shooting position upon a letdown. I'm not 100% sure that ripcords do this? Again, just guessing....

If/when you go the QAD route, don't force the launcher down from a shooting position. By forcing it down, it's hard on the internals. Just the tip of your finger/thumb and "flick" the lever to get it to drop....

Sounds like NBFK has an offer for you...

J.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:46 PM

Best rest I have used is "Trophy Taker Xtreme SL Arrow Rest", cost about 40 bucks at cabelas.ca. Cheap like borche!
Old 12-06-2015, 08:41 PM

id recommend a limb driver, great rest easy to install and very wimple with less to go wrong and cheaper. worth looking into. can't go wrong with either really tho. good look
Old 12-07-2015, 09:06 AM

I have a lightly used limb driver Id sell cheap.
Very accurate dependable rest.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:39 AM

Depending what kind of shooting you want to do, the biscuit may not be the best option. the drop aways are are far superior to being "repeatable". I've had limbdrivers, QAD HDX, Trophy taker smackdown pro, Biscuits and simple lizard tongues.

the QAD is one of the best on the market but kept hitting my shelf when couldn't quite tune the way i wanted it and i wasn't a fan of tieing the rest into the cable. the limbdriver is so simple, probably my favorite, but cord stretched a little and had to be adjusted a couple times (no biggie). the Smack down is simple too, i did switch it to be driven by the top limb. My next rest will be a Hamskea. They are stinking expensive but it has micro adjust for fine tuning which seems better when tuning. Also, you can switch the launcher out for a lizard tongue so 1 bow can switch back and forther from hunting to target rig fairly simple. i'm always tinkering so it appeals to me. Just my opinion.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:12 PM

For Hunting The Ugly Cookie [WB] cant be beat...IMHO

Neil