Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post
I though it was closed Nov 1st? I could be wrong.
Sorry, had a few cocktails.... My bad.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:29 AM

AWESOME !!

I went to the Glen yesterday, Got there and I went to 2 places ( never been) then I went to Heritage pk. and parked up where the yaht club is, Went where there was big rocks and thought it wasnt going to be so bad, I didnt need my chair ! ha

I proceed to bait up and so on ... my tip of my rod broke off. Shaking my head because Im debating on staying or not... I finally cast my rod and cast was 10x better then I could have imagined !! Of course, No one was with me to witness .. I almost fell in the water, cause I recently sprained my ankle and support still isnt in my cordination w/my brain.. Lol

So I took off before I needed to crawl to Rockyview, and went to this shore by the docks as it said NO FISHING off the docks ...damn

Anyways to end my adventure of the day, I receieved many bites but no fish. Thats was fine with me.. The weather was nice and I got and fish for a while. Thats the good part...

For a beginner,, I want to learn alot. As watching fly fishing, I'll sit back and enojoy watching. 1st thing's 1st !!
I went to a shop to repair the tip and they did it free for me. Not as good sensitivity but it will be fine for me..
Im going to the local pond here in my town after I drop my daughter, no, as she drives me to her school so I can drive back home.. ha
and test out my repaired rod.

Have a great fishing day, you'all
Old 10-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Banned

Your positive attitude will bring you years of awesome fishing!

As I wrote this, J.S Bach's "May Sheep Safely Graze" transcribed for symphony,, whoops it was "Jesu Joy of mans desiring", came on the radio.

And Tara, keep asking questions as it helps not only you but us all learn and re-learn the endless learning curve of fishing.

The Bach piece, overkilled but still, it's Bach!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3mKk...eature=related

Last edited by Gust; 10-04-2011 at 11:07 AM.