Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-16-2008, 12:30 PM

Default luminocks

Who uses them and do you like them.Are there many other kind of brands out there.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:54 PM

used them... JUNK..... and they wreck your arrows the prongs that contact the back of your shaft will eventually work its way cutting into the shaft overtime shooting.. I had very limited success with these, some time they work most times they don't. They don't take shock well so sometimes even at my 3d target they go out when they hit.

Other brands to try......

G5 lighted nocks ( not as bright but are better then the lumenoks)

Easton Tracers, works very will if using easton arrows, if using carbon express many people who ahve used them say they don't fit

My next set to try--- Firenocks!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:19 PM

I have only used Lumenocks and haven't tried the other brands.
I started using Lumenocks back in September and have had great success with them.
They have held well in my Easton and Beman shafts.
They have light up every time I have shot them.
I honestly don't have ANY complaints.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 12-16-2008, 01:56 PM

Can't say I've shot them that much but I am sure impressed with what I have seen so far.

Got a pleasant surprise when I shot a WT doe with my crossbow early in the season....I had forgotten completely about the luminock...bit when I saw that laser zip thru that doe, I was totally impressed.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:09 PM

Brown Bear,

I bought Luminocks in Sept and have sued them at the range and in the field. They have works absolutely perfect. I know guys have complained about these, as some of my friends have but if you follow the instructions and disengage them properly they work great. If it fits tight then use some sandpaper and make it fit properly.

I use them with Easton Axis ST arrows.

I had one break when I missed a doe and hit the tree beside her. The light and battery came apart, I glued them back together and they have been working awesome since. I ended up buying six and use them during practice as well.

Good luck and if you are concerned buy a single and try it for yourself, just do not shoot for the same bullseye with it as the other as it will get expensive.

Trev
Old 12-16-2008, 02:16 PM

Default Crossbow?

Bushmaster, if I remember correctly you bought a paradox package off the Buy/sell here. Is that what you used to shoot the doe?
Old 12-16-2008, 10:25 PM

Just to let you all know when Im shooting 3D and someone makes a good shot with a pretty little light I tend to like to shoot at the light... might get a little expensive
Old 12-16-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSE_Girl View Post
Just to let you all know when Im shooting 3D and someone makes a good shot with a pretty little light I tend to like to shoot at the light... might get a little expensive
good thing that lighted nocks are not allowed in competition then otherwise people would be losing nocks all the time
Old 12-17-2008, 10:50 AM

I shot a bull moose 2 deer this year with them and not 1 nock stayed lit after impact.I was very diapointed with them.they were sure cool to watch when I shot.it was like shooting tracer bullets.even on the pass throughs I thought they would help find arrows in the tall grass but that didn't happen.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:12 AM

Yes, Chevy, it was....
Old 12-17-2008, 11:33 AM

I haven't heard anything good about any nock that lights up, just too inconsistent. A friend of mine used the Lumenocks, and said he'd never buy them again, sometimes they'd work and sometimes they wouldn't. I thought I'd buy a better designed nock and tried the firenocks, with the same result. Even at the range, I couldn't get any consistency out of them. The firenocks work of magnets and still the best I could get would be two out of every five times they'd work the way they should. I never had one work in the field, I shot a turkey, bear and shot at a whitetail deer, each time the nocks never lit up.
For the price you have to pay for the nocks I can't recommend them, completely disappointed with them, going to stick to the regular nocks and spend my money on other gear that actually works.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:37 PM

Default work 95% of the time...

I like mine, work as advertised. The fit, as stated before, is the deal. I have reviewed video footage to see where the shot was on bears. Also shows your arrow flight in slow mo. If your set up at a blind or bait (have time) you could turn them on manually if they aren't lighting up. Wish I had them years ago....chain
Old 12-18-2008, 01:44 PM
ogopogoman

make your own,,,it's cheaper and you'll do a better job as well...
use bobber lights..i'll see if I can find a how to video...here's a decent one on youtube....it's works great and you save money.
I don't use them, but I've tried making these for a buddy..
Old 12-18-2008, 01:45 PM
ogopogoman

DUH!...lol..I forgot to post the video...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk
Old 12-18-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
good thing that lighted nocks are not allowed in competition then otherwise people would be losing nocks all the time
Where in the rules does it say that a lighted nock can not be used?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:59 PM

Thanks for the info guys.I am going to get a pack and try them.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Where in the rules does it say that a lighted nock can not be used?
a guy at nationals last year was told to take them out by 2 judges or be removed

going by what the judges said at nationals i would think they would know the rules
but going to look it up if i can find it for you

looked but could not find it in the rules. I know they would not allow it not sure the reasoning. I have been to a few diff shoots that would not allow them either

Last edited by Trav; 12-18-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added info