Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-01-2007, 09:50 PM
jrs

Default Underwater Camera

Well, i finally picked one up at a fundraising auction this week. I was eondering how many of you guys have played around with them or found good methods for recording the footage. I can hook up a VCR but it would be bulky. Any ideas? I can't wait to try it out. Its a VS250 if anyone has the same one. Really clear image if not in the water.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Dewie

i find that sometimes the camera down there scares the fish.
but if you tie fishing line from the tail end of camera and to the cord so camera facing strait down, you can leave the camera about 10 feet above the hook and you can see lots of the bottom.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Moults

Default Camera

Good to hear! You'll have fun with it. Most of the aqua vu models have a detachable fin that bolts on the back. You can hook the cable onto that, allowing you to view downward.

For recording, a video camera works great if you have one. You just hook the video-out on the water camera to the video-in on the video camera, and hit record. The cool thing is if you've got another person with you, you can record the fish hitting the lure, and then once you pull him out of view, just pull out the video-in cable and record the fight on your video cam! Still haven't done it successfully but it should work if you're on the ball.

Have fun!

Moults
Old 02-02-2007, 12:21 PM
jrs

Default Good idea.

Yeah, i'll try to attach my camera tonight, will see if it works. Can't wait. Thanks for the ideas.