Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 AM

Arrow A grueling entangled Buck Fight

Morning....got an interesting vid showing an incident most havent seen yet. This happened less than a week ago. Couple nice bucks were brawling ang along with locking up they run into some old phone cable. This is a big mess, one buck didn't make it. Tuff situation for the deer!

http://huntervids.com/?videos=two-bu...e-line-2012-ca
Old 11-02-2012, 09:01 AM

Cool video, nice of the buck to try and ram his savior. Pretty strong still to lift a dead deer up off the ground.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Cool video, nice of the buck to try and ram his savior. Pretty strong still to lift a dead deer up off the ground.
Almost looks like since his head was down the whole time he though the fight was still on...Good Vid
Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM

that was great of the guy to help out, deer would have died for sure. The deer was in the fighting mode, when he got free he was just trying to run. Don't think he had intentions of ramming the guy. Could be wrong but, naw, the only time I was wrong was when I though I made a mistake. vLOL
PG
Old 11-02-2012, 03:35 PM

I had a similar experience mid Sept. I glassed a grain field to see what was a deer that was grazing. I was 500 yds away at the time. It was odd to watch because it moved backward (a few steps at a time) and never lifted its head to check its surroundings. I watched and watched for over 20 minutes and knew something was "odd".

I walked closer and discovered it was a buck with its antlers locked onto another buck. The other buck was dead and lifeless. My father-in-law was called and the alive buck was shot and taken out of its misery. The dead buck that it was locked to, the back half was eaten by predators,,, so who knows how long he was dragging this mess around with him.

Tags
bucks, fighting entangled, phone cable