Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2012, 11:26 AM

Default RELM a Joke

Not sure who to blame for this one but at this point I think its those clowns at RELM. I had did all I could when it came to going online and buying a tag for the suffield cow elk tag. I got right up to the point where they collect your Credit Card informationthen the screen went blank. They got my credit card information but I have no Tag. All I got for answers was .....
"I Dont know" .....Cant help you... What an incompetitent bunch!! I could just scream.

Med Hat Fish and Wild life did a poor job of deciding how it was going to handled. It should have been a draw system so they are partialy to blame. its not like these animals fell out of the sky and they all of a suddon had to have a surprise elk tag sale.....
Old 11-01-2012, 11:41 AM

I feel exactly the same way. We were 4 guys - at 09h02 we had them in the cart, ready to pay, entered card details etc.... then the system just took forever and eventually came back saying sold out....

They should have allowed only 50 per date to be added to a cart - once in your cart, it should have been allocated to you - not once the system could actually process the payment...

This really sucked.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

Anytime a first come, first served offer is done through a webpage, it's a **** show. IMHO everyone that was interested should have had an hour to apply, then 200 tags should have been randomly drawn. But who am I to say.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:37 PM

It was a total joke !!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:40 PM

I could just hear their excuses....They will blame the base next. I am willing to bet that they try to say the Military only gave them a small window for this. The fact is the military has their exercises lined up month ahead of time. so these bozo's have had lots of time to prepare a fair system. Its not totally RELMS fault I suppose, However they could have beefed up the servers knowing full well this was going to happen.

I'M MAD AS HELL
Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingtwo View Post
Anytime a first come, first served offer is done through a webpage, it's a **** show. IMHO everyone that was interested should have had an hour to apply, then 200 tags should have been randomly drawn. But who am I to say.
That was my thoughts as well.