Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-26-2010, 04:26 PM

Default jiffy white lightning 8" reviews

just bought a new jiffy white lightning and was wondering if anyone has anything to say about it. also any jiffy guys out there..do you guys trust the EZ connect on those..to me it seems like they would come undone occasionly and with my luck it would be right at the bottom of the hole .
anyways any kind of info on the auger would be great..any kind of things to watch for or things to do and all that jazz
Old 03-26-2010, 06:14 PM

I heard they are very popular amongst the gay community alex. just kidding buddy hope to see you this weekend for the virgin run
Old 03-26-2010, 07:22 PM

I have had my 2hp Jiffy white lighting for 10 yrs. It has always worked well for me and would recommend then to anyone. Mine does not have the quick connect so cannot comment on that.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 PM

I bought the 9 inch not long ago. runs great, drills like crazy. I dont like the quick disconnect either, the strap on mine is already tearing, Im thinking next winter Im just going to use a bolt instead. Have to contact Jiffy and see if they have anything better I guess

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-26-2010, 08:04 PM

you betcha terry..hope to have you out there this sunday buddy..gotta out fish you atleast once this year lol

ya thats what im thinking of doing aswell..i just know with my luck itll let loose right at the bottom of the hole lol.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:06 PM

oh and terry..even if they are popular amongst the gay community..guess what..youll still be cutting a hole with the hand auger by the time i have a fish on the ice and 15 holes drilled jk bud id atleast take a break and have a few sips of beer..so maybe 10 holes in that time lol
Old 03-27-2010, 09:53 AM

Hey somebody has to take those 115$ drinking in public fines it may aswell be me. Hope to see you sunday
Old 03-27-2010, 12:31 PM

I find the quick connect great. I bought a 2hp STX last year, not sure it its the same set up as this years models but it sure is nice to just take a pin out and put it in the tackle box when I need to put my auger away. I can never see how the pin could come out while drilling a hole with the sleeve pulled up over it. Don't even bother with that strap, cut the damn thing off. Anyway that's my four hundred and twenty cents...... good luck.