Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2014, 11:07 AM

Default Lost My Family Land/ Looking For Other Opportunities

Hey everyone,

So my grandfather used to have a beautiful 3/4 section of land out in the foothills of calgary next to the Copperthorn Ranch and for the last 3 years I have been trying to ask the people who bought my grandfather's 3/4 section which are very well known wealthy people if I could again go shooting gophers and coyotes in the back of the section like I used to with my grandfather that has since passed away. Needless to say they have kept on saying no and that those days are are long gone. :'( I have been very saddened by the situation and have given up my dream of going back there.

Anyways I was wondering if there is anyone in the foothills area or know of anyone in the foothills area within a 2hr drive of Calgary that would be willing to let a responsible enthusiast take care of some gophers and maybe coyotes? I always like to bring a shovel with my and fill in the hole after I've shot a gopher, it's what my grandfather liked to do since he always had cows out in the fields. I always leave the property as if I was never there and am very respectful and do all my travelling by foot. I could even help out around the ranch with some chores/work ect if some things need tending to. If anyone would be willing to be nice enough to help a fellow out that lost the family land he used to have access to then there's a nice bottle of whatever you like to drink awaiting to make it more of an Albertan trade! Please let me know.

Cheers Cory.