Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-07-2008, 04:35 PM

Default Mossberg 935 Magnum

I am looking at the Mossberg 935 turkey/waterfowl combo and what i am wondering is if the 24" barrel is a fixed choke tube or interchangable. All it says is ulti-full tube. The 28" barrel comes with the 3 choke tubes but it says nothing about the 24" barrel.

Thanks

Pheasant Hunter
Old 03-07-2008, 10:17 PM

dont buy one I bought one could not go trought a box of shells before you have to clean it because of jamming thought it was the gun took it back and the other one was the same I know a few people that have said this. do a web serch on the gun first to see what people have been saying that was 3 year ago mybe they fix the problem with them
Old 03-08-2008, 07:30 AM

Default Mossberg

I know the earlier ones had some troubles but the new ones are suppose to be a very good gun. The common theme i have read is that they like the 3" and 3 1/2" shells. I guess the gun was not built for light target loads.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:17 AM

I have one the turkey barrel has a interchangeable choke, the factory one sucks, I have taken four turkeys with mine. There have been some issues with it. I generally like the feel of the gun, they do not do well with light loads, the insides are prone to rusting. Winchester shells for some reason seem to stick tin the barrel and are a real pain to eject if you do not fire them. I have shot a load of geese ducks the before mentioned turkeys and one deer with the slug barrel.

A friend of mine has that russian 3.5 inch semi and althought the finish on it is not as nice as mine I was real impressed with the amount of stainless steel in it. Seemed like a very well made gun.

Dave
Old 03-10-2008, 01:08 PM

I have a 935 and even though the manual says 3" and 31/2" shells I tried the light target loads. Guess what? They don't work. Although they will fire and cycle the action it isn't a full stroke. I only fired a half dozen or so then went back to the 3". I haven't had any problem with them or the 31/2".