Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-29-2008, 08:28 AM

Default My kids are hooked.

I took my sons fishing at Pine Coullie this weekend. We left Calgary around noon on Saturday and met up with my brother and his daughter at the campground at the boat launch.
We only spent about an hour and a half on Saturday fishing (2 kids under 3 on the dock made focussing on fishing a little tricky) and managed a cool 15 wally with lots of slipped hooks while landing. It was blowing pretty good on Sunday morning so we only spent 15-20 minutes before we pulled out and headed back to Calgary.
I love being able to take my kids out for a night around the campfire singing songs and listening to Coyotes howl and an owl in the pine tree behind us to wake us up in the morning. Fishing and watching the geese fly overhead in clear skies. Some body shooting close by, it was one of "those forever fall moments" Made me real glad I live here. No place like Alberta.
My seven year old woke up this morning and wanted to go again today.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:29 AM

I'm so glad your kids had so much fun. It's priceless what we can pass on to our children in the way of outdoor family activities! I've been camping and fishing since I was little and the memories my parents gave me I will never forget. Now we give our children their own!