Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2018, 08:09 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Lol.... ya there is. I should have stopped riding freestyle BMX in my 30's or once I hit 40! I was showing my 15yr old how to do a 180 and his BMX is a lot lighter than mine was. When I hopped in the air and did a tail whip the bike was taking off so I planted my left leg, unfortunately the bike and rest of my body was still rotating. Kind of twisted my leg apart at the knee. My kid figured it was pretty funny and asked if I wanted a hand up. When he walked up and noticed my leg was sticking sideways he asked if he should go get mom, lol. I had to get my wife to pull on my leg and straighten it out just so I could get in my truck!!!
Slow down old fella...it's hard to do and you will find out what took a few weeks takes a few months now to heal...I now don't engage in anything that requires me to launch myself while twisting and attempting to land...things don't line up tend to pop and crack....heal up....you got a good story to tell the grandkids later on in your years but the story will get bigger and better.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-05-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks Dick. Day two out of the hospital and had a shower. There are a lot of things I took for granted, I'm really happy I live in a bungalow! Unfortunately my man cave is in the basement, I'm going to give it a week or two before I venture down there.
Time for a Acorn Stair Lift
Use it for now to get you to your man cave. And later to freight beer up and down.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:12 AM

Wishing you a speedy recovery...
Old 05-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Wishing you a fast recovery, soon you'll be telling the tale of your bike accident and showing off your scars over beers.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:47 AM

Default I'm more of a helper guy than sympathy guy

All good wishes for a speedy recovery.

What you need now is a friend to help with the heavy lifting, or any lifting for that matter.

You have always been a stand up guy (couldn't help myself, sorry), so if there is something I can do to give you a leg up (I know, don't make fun of the cripple), just ask.

Drewski
Old 05-05-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
What sucks is because they had to do a bone graph I can't use ibuprophen or any type of anti inflamotory because I guess it stops the bone from bonding.

Holy **** dude. Don't know you but that looks dam painful. Wish you a speedy recovery
Old 05-05-2018, 09:05 AM

Haha the best reply in here so far;

Slow down old fella!!

Sorry pal I still see in my head you jumping on the bike, looking straight into the camera,

Hello I'm Johnny Knoxville and welcome to jackazz!!!

Heal fast!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-05-2018, 09:27 AM
Banned

I told the boy he better have taken notes because there's like a 50% chance I won't show him again!!!!

Bahahaha!

Every day it's getting better and better. My number one goal right now is to get to a point where it doesn't hurt to move. Stayed up on my crutches for an hour yesterday and the sweat was pouring. Home care nurse said I'm not allowed to do that yet. I wanted to go to one of my job sites on Monday but she said I'm not allowed to do that either

I decided to just try and lay in bed today, maybe I can teach my son how to work the Weber BBQ!
Old 05-05-2018, 09:29 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Everything was going well until the landing....chicks dig scars and scars you will have...dam.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-05-2018, 09:35 AM
Banned

Yikes, sorry to see those pics. Major ouch, right there. Hope you heal quickly Kurt..
Old 05-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Ouch, what were you thinking, thought you were Evil Kenevil !!!
Wish you a speedy recovery !!
Old 05-05-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Holy crap!

No advice, but there’s gotta be a good story on how it happened.
I hope it wasnt an incident of "hold my beer and watch this"...
Speedy recovery and as painless a physio regime as possible .
Rob
edit *** It was , it was a hold my beer and watch this...
kidding aside seriously, speedy recovery and long health.
Prolly goint to have to take this hunting season off too eh?
Old 05-05-2018, 10:14 AM

A well timed PM got me the inside scoop on this injury and wow, the pics and story are worse lol. I said it earlier in PM but now I see a fast recovery may not be. Make it a strong recovery and take the time so it heals solid.....so you can ride in the side by side come hunting season

Take care
Old 05-05-2018, 10:41 AM

That looks some painful. Hopefully in the near future it will seem like a minor occurence and you'll be back showing your kids some other tricks. For now just take it easy and mend.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Banned

WTF??? lol
You sir are a savage!!!
Speedy recovery!!
Old 05-05-2018, 04:58 PM

Whoa dude. Tough break there. I’ll be the first to help with the physio. Let’s hop on the quads and hit the Iron horse trail. Easy riding there. We’ll just rig a sling to the front rack for that leg and giv’er. I’ll supply the lunch.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Snukkle View Post
Whoa dude. Tough break there. I’ll be the first to help with the physio. Let’s hop on the quads and hit the Iron horse trail. Easy riding there. We’ll just rig a sling to the front rack for that leg and giv’er. I’ll supply the lunch.
Sounds good, but not until I get my stitches out. I blew a belt on the Renegade X last time out, I have a replacement I just need to throw it on.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Ouch! That bites...big time! Speedy recovery man

LC
Old 05-05-2018, 05:48 PM

I busted the lower end of my fibula off where it connects to the ankle when I was running for the camera to take a video of the bear that was in camp. Goof thing he ran off! Ha! Was only in in the Misicordia for 5 hours to get a plate and pins in and came out with a CDiff gut infection that almost killed me. Avoid that hospital it should be burned to the ground.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:04 AM

WOW!! That will definitely leave a mark.

Take care of yourself and heal up and stay off of the BMXs
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 05-06-2018, 09:47 AM

Wow. Ouch. You have a sense of humour and a great outlook. Enjoy the pain killers and hopefully a full recovery. Been there done that. Heel, ankles, knees, etc.

And @ 40.... i did something stupid. Built a halfpipe in the back yard... so im sure its a matter of time before i visit the ER again.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2018, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .257Weatherby View Post
Prolly goint to have to take this hunting season off too eh?
Honestly, if it was hunting season today, I would be out there.

I'm almost to totally off my pain meds now and sleeping through the night if the kids don't wake me up.

Archery hunting probably wouldn't happen but I could easily set up on the ground with a rifle. I'll be good enough for archery by September I'm sure. The worst part now is the needles. I hate needles lol. My wife has to do my daily injection of blood thinner because I'm too scared! Hahaha. 4 down, 17 to go

It sounds like Jungleboy has some tough times ahead of himself, I feel bad for that guy. I only spent 10 days in the hospital, and that was 9 too many as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure he can't wait to get home!
Old 05-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Wow. Ouch. You have a sense of humour and a great outlook. Enjoy the pain killers and hopefully a full recovery. Been there done that. Heel, ankles, knees, etc.

And @ 40.... i did something stupid. Built a halfpipe in the back yard... so im sure its a matter of time before i visit the ER again.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Ha! I know for a fact if I had that in my back yard we would need a minivan with a stretcher in the back for easier rides to the er for me and my boys, the three of us have all been in for broken bones in the last 3 years as it is.

I should have known better because my dog took out my left knee about 2 or 3 months back and just in the past couple weeks it started to feel stabile again. I think it was still a little loose when I hoped on the bike. Take it easy on the half pipe, as much as it hurts to say, I think it's time I pass on the torch. I'm going to be 46 this year, probably should have shut er down at 42.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:32 AM

Nasty. Just seeing all those screws hurts. All the best on your recovery. With your positive attitude you will be able to push through the therapy. Hate to say it by I see a bike once again in your future (stationary this time) to get the knee mobility and extension back.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:39 AM

Default Life

Wow!! I'm at home right now with a new plate and screws in my ankle and you guys are honestly making me feel alot better as mine looks only like a scratch now!!Week 6 for me of 8 before I walk again and it really sucks to be immobilized. Only advice from me is wait as long as possible for healing before trying anything" especially bike tricks"Lol!! All kidding aside, good luck and speedy recovery to you!
Old 05-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lites out View Post
Wow!! I'm at home right now with a new plate and screws in my ankle and you guys are honestly making me feel alot better as mine looks only like a scratch now!!Week 6 for me of 8 before I walk again and it really sucks to be immobilized. Only advice from me is wait as long as possible for healing before trying anything" especially bike tricks"Lol!! All kidding aside, good luck and speedy recovery to you!
How long till it stops hurting every time I get up? Hahaha, it's not so bad for me to get on and off the sofa because it has recliners built in, getting off my bed isn't so bad but trying to get back on the bed sucks because my good leg goes up first. Trying to lift and twist my bad leg on after is a bit painful. Most times I have to get my wife to help. I'd hate to be at home alone with this kind of injury.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Ha! I know for a fact if I had that in my back yard we would need a minivan with a stretcher in the back for easier rides to the er for me and my boys, the three of us have all been in for broken bones in the last 3 years as it is.

I should have known better because my dog took out my left knee about 2 or 3 months back and just in the past couple weeks it started to feel stabile again. I think it was still a little loose when I hoped on the bike. Take it easy on the half pipe, as much as it hurts to say, I think it's time I pass on the torch. I'm going to be 46 this year, probably should have shut er down at 42.
Lol. I hear ya there. At our age we hurt our selves getting out of bed in the morning, i figure i may as well hurt myself and at least have a better story then.... "whats seems to be the issue sir?" "well doc..... i sneezed and threw my back out."
Old 05-06-2018, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Lol. I hear ya there. At our age we hurt our selves getting out of bed in the morning, i figure i may as well hurt myself and at least have a better story then.... "whats seems to be the issue sir?" "well doc..... i sneezed and threw my back out."
Ain't that the truth!

I felt better when my son said "man you should have seen that bike flyin" lol.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:45 AM

I wish you a speedy recovery KURT and I know how it feels to be trapped in the house it's a long haul,hope everything heals well.All the best.By the way I haven't seen that many stiches since I was circumcised .

JD

Last edited by JD848; 05-06-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Ain't that the truth!

I felt better when my son said "man you should have seen that bike flyin" lol.
No sooner...... just took a good spill on the ramp. Recomend a good surgeon? Lol. Not too serious i think. Think ill pop a couple percocet, crack a beer and watch the kids ride the ramp.