Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-18-2011, 05:06 PM

Post Please Read Your Regs.

With the arrival of the new season I would like to remind everyone who never has or has not done so recently to READ your regulations booklet or the online version available. The amount of questions asked on the forum that are answered by someone simply copying and pasting information directly from the regs, shows that there are far too many people out there who are not familiar with the regulations, either the site specific regs (closure dates etc.) or even the general regs (possession limits, etc.)
Now I know that reading, especially the general regs, is quite dry and not very interesting, but once you have the basic information collected, very little changes from year to year and the changes that are made are all listed very nicely at the beginning of each year's regs. Those of you that looked at this year's, all ready know that there are very few changes for this year but quite a few more proposed for next year.
I also know that in many cases it is easier to ask someone for the information rather than look it up yourself, and that the vast majority of the answers given are correct, but remember that this is the internet and I hope that none of you are ever standing before an SRD officer or even worse a judge, and the best response that you can come up with is that "someone on the forum said..."
Good Luck and tight lines to everyone!

George
Old 04-18-2011, 05:21 PM

Default Well said.

I think I should just bump this post up every week for the next 5 months of busy fishing season.

Well said.

Smitty
Old 04-18-2011, 05:38 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty9 View Post
I think I should just bump this post up every week for the next 5 months of busy fishing season.

Well said.

Smitty
Old 04-18-2011, 06:22 PM

Old 04-20-2011, 11:44 AM

bump!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:34 PM

Can someone tell me if Whitemud creek falls under the NSR regs or if it is under the general streams guidelines. If it is under the general guidelines then it is closed Apr 1-May 19th but this would be contrary to many posts stating that this is a good time to fish it for the sucker run.

Thanks,
Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersrock77 View Post
Can someone tell me if Whitemud creek falls under the NSR regs or if it is under the general streams guidelines. If it is under the general guidelines then it is closed Apr 1-May 19th but this would be contrary to many posts stating that this is a good time to fish it for the sucker run.

Thanks,

North Saskatchewan River

from Highway 22/39 (Drayton Valley) downstream to the Alberta/Saskatchewan border
Open all year – Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Walleye limit 0; Sauger limit 0 from Apr. 1 to May 19; Sauger limit 3 from May 20 to Mar. 31; Pike limit 1 over 63 cm; Burbot limit 10; Goldeye limit 10; Lake Sturgeon limit 0.

this does not refer to any tributaries. i think guys may be referring to fishing the nsr at the mouth of the creek.