Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-21-2018, 07:02 AM

Default How much do you think your tackle box is worth?

I estimate that all my tackle, including the box is worth $ 1000 to $1500. That's not including rods and other gear. Just hooks, swivels, weights, and other stuff, and box.
When you consider your small tungsten ice fishing hooks cost $3.00 or more per hook, on sale and all spoons and plugs, WOW ! It all adds up quick.

I suggest you take pictures of yours incase it is ever stolen, for insurance purposes. You never know, could be stolen from your locked truck or even locked garage.

Good idea to take pictures of everything in your house and garage, everything for insurance purposes.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:59 AM

Oooo thats a hard one. If it was all retail value id have to say close to what you said. But i more or less dont buy anything full price anymore once you have enough stock. I have 6-7 tackle boxes, this is reffering to more or less the most expensive pike one. Other ones are less.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:04 AM

Which tackle box? Lol, I have a couple tackle boxes of straight plugs, mostly rapalas of varying sizes. I’d guess they would avg about 10 bucks a plug. Scared to count. Lol. Ya it’s crazy what we accumulate over the years. My ex wife had a closet with over 50 pairs of shoes in which she only wore 4 or 5 pairs. Not once did I mention her shoe fetish... lol. I figured her at a shoe store was the same thing as me at a tackle store. Let sleeping dogs lie.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:39 AM

Probably 2-3k if I had to guess(I don't want to know the exact number lol). Easily over 1k in rapalas plus lots more gear. Flies, spoons, walleye tackle, sturgeon tackle, some salmon and bottom fish tackle, some Florida tackle, ice fishing tackle. It all adds up quick.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:37 AM

Now you have really given me something to think on. I have one box just for Rapala, over 100 at last count. One box for Minnewonka all non leaded, one for bottom bouncing, one for trout trolling, one for pike YIKES I am going to start with the picture taking today. OMG I almost for got about rods and reels.

Thanks for this post.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Banned

Default Sale or retail?

I can't count that high. One bag measures 30"x15"x15" and contains 17 full trays, two pouches of swim baits and the tools. Probably $200.00 in lead/titanium weights alone. Total weight, 30 lbs. A plastic tote holds all my crawler/leech harnesses- 200 count- that will in all likelihood be gone by October, but they are hand tied so cost me nothing after it's all said and done.

All the trolling gear lives in the boat (divers, planer boards, flashers) and is years old mostly. It's the string that costs so much for way too many reels.

And my lunch bag...

Free (not)
Old 04-21-2018, 10:38 AM

A lot is all I can say. I took pictures of all my tackle, rods and reels just for insurance reasons and will be updating the pictures this spring as the collection is always growing.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:47 AM

When my garage burnt down a few years ago, insurance gave me $1000 per large tackle box to replace the ones that were destroyed.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:30 PM

Default How much do you think your tackle box is worth?

I chose not to figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2018, 05:25 PM

Mine is through the roof because I like to do every kind of fishing - ice fishing, spinning rod, west coast - mooching and bottom fishing, and fly fishing - fresh and salt water.

I think flies alone ..guessing around $2K. Spinning $2K. Ocean $1K. Ice fishing only $500. That is just the tackle only. I'm not including fly tying materials, down riggers, etc, etc. Just tackle and fly boxes.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:04 PM

Wow between the small one, the medium size or the 5 drawer trunk a couple plus $k for sure. Then there's the bag and the vest for the trout hunting. If my wife new how much...... she might want more diamonds. I would be willing to part with at least one 5 of diamonds .
Old 04-22-2018, 06:10 PM

Wow between the small one, the medium size or the 5 drawer trunk a couple plus $k for sure. Then there's the bag and the vest for the trout hunting. If my wife new how much...... she might want more diamonds. I would be willing to part with at least one 5 of diamonds .
Old 04-22-2018, 06:13 PM

for the double post
Old 04-22-2018, 06:18 PM

I don't really want to know, cause then the wife might find out. Haha. But if you drop you wifes China Cabinet while moving I find they double as a great tackle storage cabinet!

tackle gear by Brandon Koperski, on Flickr

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 05-04-2019, 06:26 PM

$5k in lures. Another $2k in rods and reels.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 05-05-2019, 08:02 AM

Shoulder check for wife.
Salmon gear = $1800
Trout gear = $2000
other gear = $4000
Collecting since 1982.
Rapala minnow collection alone is over $400
Might take advice and photo it all for insurance.
Then the rods and reels, whew.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:16 PM

Well after looking in this thread, I realized that I don't have anything! With that being said, I've only got 6 smaller boxes of misc tackle, but I've noticed that I only really use 5-15 lures/setups every outing, so I found that I bring all my tackle in the car to the lake, then take fill a smaller box with lures that match the conditions at the lake.